Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 11:34 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I see absolutely nothing wrong about her wearing that pretty dress and I am disgusted that this world today sucks.
LOL that escalated quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 11:42 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,965,783 times
Liberte Chan is on a Saturday morning newscast (which like a lot of morning newscasts) has an informal and even 'morning zoo' type of atmosphere where the anchors are joking around and being playful with each other:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSWgL9dxW7g

As someone already stated she initially had a different dress on but had to replace it with the black dress because there were technical green screen issues with the first dress. So really, it's the producers who told her to wear the black dress. No one's going to be having a 'talking to' with anyone.

And as someone else already alluded to, it was her co anchor who handed her the cardigan on air, not a producer, and it was done as a gag and a joke...not as admonishment. Everyone at the station thought the complaining emails coming in were funny and they decided to run with it. Chan's statement:

"For the record, I was not ordered by KTLA to put on the sweater. I was simply playing along with my co-anchor’s joke, and if you’ve ever watched the morning show, you know we poke fun at each other all the time."

And now here's a video of Chan and her 2 co anchors Chris Burrous and Lynette Romero mockingly reading the email complaints and laughing at them:

https://www.facebook.com/LiberteChan...5823483129265/

At the end, in a show of solidarity, Burrous stands up from his desk to show that he is wearing shorts and tennis shoes with his blazer, and Romero reveals that she is not only not wearing a pair of professional looking pumps with her dress, she is wearing only fuzzy striped socks.

LOL. KTLA wins, and the sourpusses who have their panties in a bunch over this can continue sulking.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:50 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times
I think it's a beautiful dress. I don't think it shows too much skin or is "trashy" or anything, but I do think it's inappropriate for the job. I think handing her a sweater makes a bigger deal out of it than was necessary. But overall, although I'm certainly not offended by the dress, I just think it looks really silly.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:52 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Maybe she can return the gag on her next broadcast by whipping out a bottle of Grecian Formula on air and tossing it to her co-anchor?

Old 05-16-2016, 12:54 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
There's no way this woman's producer, camera people and co-anchors didn't notice her "inappropriate" attire before she went on-camera.

Publicity stunt. Ratings must be in the toilet.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:18 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
Liberte Chan is on a Saturday morning newscast (which like a lot of morning newscasts) has an informal and even 'morning zoo' type of atmosphere where the anchors are joking around and being playful with each other:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSWgL9dxW7g

As someone already stated she initially had a different dress on but had to replace it with the black dress because there were technical green screen issues with the first dress. So really, it's the producers who told her to wear the black dress. No one's going to be having a 'talking to' with anyone.

And as someone else already alluded to, it was her co anchor who handed her the cardigan on air, not a producer, and it was done as a gag and a joke...not as admonishment. Everyone at the station thought the complaining emails coming in were funny and they decided to run with it. Chan's statement:

"For the record, I was not ordered by KTLA to put on the sweater. I was simply playing along with my co-anchor’s joke, and if you’ve ever watched the morning show, you know we poke fun at each other all the time."

And now here's a video of Chan and her 2 co anchors Chris Burrous and Lynette Romero mockingly reading the email complaints and laughing at them:

https://www.facebook.com/LiberteChan...5823483129265/

At the end, in a show of solidarity, Burrous stands up from his desk to show that he is wearing shorts and tennis shoes with his blazer, and Romero reveals that she is not only not wearing a pair of professional looking pumps with her dress, she is wearing only fuzzy striped socks.

LOL. KTLA wins, and the sourpusses who have their panties in a bunch over this can continue sulking.

Now I'm annoyed by the increasing possibility that the whole thing was for publicity. I also dislike the public disdainful reaction to complaints. However, in the end, I'll tolerate it because Chan was chastened and won't do the weather in a dress like that again. I can understand how the man didn't realize it's inappropriate - thumbs up to a post on the previous page that men like me aren't quick to notice that about some women's clothing. I don't understand how women who are really into fashion unwittingly violate major rules about propriety.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:24 PM

37,614 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I think it's a beautiful dress. I don't think it shows too much skin or is "trashy" or anything, but I do think it's inappropriate for the job. I think handing her a sweater makes a bigger deal out of it than was necessary. But overall, although I'm certainly not offended by the dress, I just think it looks really silly.
I agree. Nothing offensive about it, but it's a cocktail dress. I just think it made her look foolish.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 05-16-2016 at 01:46 PM..

Old 05-16-2016, 01:32 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Wow, you guys should see the "weather girls" on Telemundo and everywhere else south of the border....wowza...wow....wow.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:26 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I'm wondering if most of those who don't get it are guys and all they see is a pretty girl in a pretty dress and think "what's the fuss?'
That dress was inappropriate for the job, kind of like wearing jeans and a tank top to a formal wedding. Nothing wrong with such an outfit per se, but entirely wrong for the situation.
Nothing wrong with that...I wore jeans to my own wedding and I'll wear jeans to my next wedding if I can win over the lady that I wish for.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:42 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,609 times
What a fox, too, I might add. However, everyone knows that the single greatest weather lady in History works for NBC LA: Crystal Egger >> http://www.talentapes.com/CrystalEgger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty