U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 07:27 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,548,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corruption View Post
The thing that gets me the most is wearing make-up and having people kissing all over you. How can you be intimate with someone knowing you have all that stuff on your face? Do the people who have bare minerals or whatever get complaints about that...or do men just simply not care about tasting powder?
If a guy can see your wearing makeup, he will try to kiss you in other places so he won't get it on himself. You can always wear a tasty lipgloss so he will want to kiss you on the lips and bypass your face entirely.

Quote:
Also, what is foundation? What does it do, as opposed to all the other make-up out there that I don't know the name of. Is foundation enough? What about concealer, or whatever...what does that do? I'm guessing it conceals stuff, but if you have a "foundation" then you don't need anything else right? Make-up is confusing and scary...lol. I have no idea about any of it.
I'm not a huge fan of foundation, but if you are working in a formal business setting, and you want to look polished, foundation will even out any skin flaws you might have, such as a red mark from an old pimple. It gives you an edge and a feeling of confidence, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 07:57 PM

155 posts, read 383,116 times
Hmm..well my boyfriend doesn't like make-up. And I'm pretty sure a bunch of other dudes don't as well, so I was just wondering. Seems like it'd take all the passion out, if he's too busy avoiding your face, trying to be careful.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:28 PM

214 posts, read 762,529 times
I like Illuminare Fantastic Finish foundation. It's a liquid mineral base so you don't have that powdery look. It is thick so I mix it with a little moisturizer and then apply it. Illuminare sells samples of all their products so you can try it at home before buying. I wish it was available in stores.
I wanted to like BE but I think it is for young skin. I don't have bad skin but it seemed to emphasize all the little flaws.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:46 PM

348 posts, read 1,613,151 times
I've used Bare Minerals but now have switched to the Ulta brand mineral makeup--works just as well & 1/2 the price! Mineral makeup is definitely a lighter feel--I would never go back to cheap, store-brand liquid makeup!

Old 04-02-2008, 09:02 AM

4,597 posts, read 7,391,474 times
Are mineral makeups better for those of us with a problem like Rosacea? I picked up a brochure for Jane Iredell cosmetics at the dermatologist's office awhile back.

I hate the redness on my face, and feel like I just cannot get away without makeup any longer -- but, I don't like makeup at all, either.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:15 AM

4,661 posts, read 8,495,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
Are mineral makeups better for those of us with a problem like Rosacea? I picked up a brochure for Jane Iredell cosmetics at the dermatologist's office awhile back.

I hate the redness on my face, and feel like I just cannot get away without makeup any longer -- but, I don't like makeup at all, either.

I have rosacea and I like the way Jane Iredale makeup feels on my face...it doesn't feel heavy and it doesn't seem to make the rosacea worse.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:00 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,986,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post

I don't have rosacea but I do have that high colored Scotch Irish skin (lots of red) the Jane Iredell works very well at taking the red out. I also like to use the Philosophy Supernatural mineral makeup. The Iredell gives more coverage than the supernatural. Another thing I have found that really helps my redness is a product by Mary Cohr. It is sold at The Grove Park Inn's spa but can be ordered online. It is an anti redness cream. Love it!

Old 04-04-2008, 06:04 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,986,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
I have dry, sensitive, fair, reddish skin. Bare Escentuals looked terrible on me but I like Jane Iredale's mineral make up and I *think* it looks fine on me.
Same here. Sensitive red (ruddy) scotch Irish skin. Disliked the Bare Escentuals, made me itchy was messy. But the Jane Iredell is great. Another one that works for me is the Philosophy Supernatural. Gives lighter coverage that the JI but is great for days when i am playing tennis and such and don't want as much coverage.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:03 PM

9,342 posts, read 16,164,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
I recently started using Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics - Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics - The Skin Care Makeup - All Natural Micronized Minerals.

So far so good. I really like the powder foundation which is a great match for my skin tone. I used Chantecaille for many years but wanted to try something different (& less expensive) and was steered in this direction by an esthetician.
Fifty-something and have used Jane Iredale for years. Have tried a couple of the others, but return to JI every time. I do use a foundation at times now- maybe that is the aging skin-thing mentioned in a previous post.

I have rosacea and JI helps it- I go without makeup some days, something I nevet felt that I could do when my rosacea was not under control. I have not used RX meds for my Rosacea in more than a dozen years, thanks, I think, to the Jane Iredale Amazing Base. Something about the zinc, I think.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:42 PM

172 posts, read 546,969 times
Default Bare Minerals

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Does mineral makeup work for you? What brand do you use?
I use the Bare Minerals/Bare Essencuels (sp) line. I really like it, but it can get a little messy. The makeup looks natural and I have noticed a difference in my skin...much smoother.

I also use the Rare Minerals products which is an extension of Bare Minerals. My skin has no more redness or irritation. Best stuff I've tried and I am a user for life because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty