Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 05:19 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

This thread is inspired by today. I am wearing a brightly colored summer print outfit. It's super hot outside and it is perfect for the season. I've typically received some basic comments like you look really summery. But I got a weird comment today. It started off normally. I went into a store, and here is the interaction with the worker.
Him: "I like your outfit."
Me: "thanks"
Him: "thank you for wearing it."

What is a weird comment you have heard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 07:46 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This thread is inspired by today. I am wearing a brightly colored summer print outfit. It's super hot outside and it is perfect for the season. I've typically received some basic comments like you look really summery. But I got a weird comment today. It started off normally. I went into a store, and here is the interaction with the worker.
Him: "I like your outfit."
Me: "thanks"
Him: "thank you for wearing it."

What is a weird comment you have heard?
Cool. It means he appreciated the view you provided; a boost to his day.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:50 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Cool. It means he appreciated the view you provided; a boost to his day.
This. You looked good in it, and he liked the view.

I never received any comments on my attire that was a typical variation of "That's cute." lol

Old 06-26-2016, 07:33 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
To me, the funniest thing that happened was when my arrogant manager stopped me and said,
"Oh, you bought a new outfit! I love those jeans!!"

"Thanks," I replied, "I bought them at Walmart."

She gave me the evil eye, quickly turned on her heel and exited stage left.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:45 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
To me, the funniest thing that happened was when my arrogant manager stopped me and said,

I spit out some coffee on reading this .

Walmart in my area has a good selection though. Nice workout clothes brands for a good price. I got a Russel Athletic sleeveless hoodie for $8.

I've always had girls stare me while working out, but never tell me anything. Perhaps I dont hear it because I'm wearing headphones.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:10 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I think it was, "Oh, that's...interesting." It was something I wouldn't normally wear. This outfit was built around a sweater which I received from one of the in-laws at Christmas. The person who designed this sweater must have been inspired by their dog which had gotten into the crayons and then barfed color blobs. Since we were staying there for a week, I felt compelled to wear it.

I had to buy clothing to get this to work, but it wasn't what anyone expected--sea green ribbed tights, a fuchsia shirt, electric blue chunky earrings and bangle. Thankfully, the sweater was trimmed in black, and the black mini and ankle boots separated the colors.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post

Hehehe. . I love when that happens.

I have picked up a few good things at Walmart over the years. And Sears. I have this amazing peacock print shirt I got at Sears now my friend looks at me like I am crazy when she remembers wear I got it.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:52 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,018 times
A few weeks ago a clerk commented that she liked my shirt. I replied "thank you" and she went on to say that she normally didn't like the color of my shirt but it looked really good on me.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:30 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
I was hostessing at Cheesecake Factory one January and I always wore a pair of Steve Madden Troopa boots to hostess in.

This woman comes walking in the front door screaming, "You have boots on! You are wearing boots! Do you know that it is 70 degrees outside? Why are you wearing boots?"

I live in South Florida.

I just stared at the idiot and didn't say a word.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I was hostessing at Cheesecake Factory one January and I always wore a pair of Steve Madden Troopa boots to hostess in.

This woman comes walking in the front door screaming, "You have boots on! You are wearing boots! Do you know that it is 70 degrees outside? Why are you wearing boots?"

I live in South Florida.

I just stared at the idiot and didn't say a word.
Lol! Although I do admit to thinking it is weird when I see people wearing puffer jackets in 70 degree weather. I just keep that thought to myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty