Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 01:14 AM

4,326 posts, read 1,261,439 times

Advertisements

When I'm not at work I like to be comfortable and usually wear a T-shirt, cargo shorts, flip-flops, and a baseball cap. Nearly all of my friends wear shorts too, so they don't seem taboo to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 06:59 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
I've noticed recently that even in my small town at the bar people are dressing up a bit more and wearing jeans even in hot weather. These aren't fancy restaurants or clubs with a dress code. When did shorts become taboo?

Where do people come up with these threads? Shorts are not taboo and haven't been for years. Where I live in Florida most people live in shorts 24/7 except for when they are at work.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:24 PM

1,230 posts, read 991,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
I've noticed recently that even in my small town at the bar people are dressing up a bit more and wearing jeans even in hot weather. These aren't fancy restaurants or clubs with a dress code. When did shorts become taboo?
What is the age group? Where are you at?

Some older guys don't like wearing shorts if there leg is really hairy or they don't have nice young leg look.

You don't see many guys wearing shorts in Dallas but you see more of this in Houston than Dallas.

Where Florida and Hawaii is shorts paradise.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:59 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,857,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
What is the age group? Where are you at?

Some older guys don't like wearing shorts if there leg is really hairy or they don't have nice young leg look.

You don't see many guys wearing shorts in Dallas but you see more of this in Houston than Dallas.

Where Florida and Hawaii is shorts paradise.
I live in TX as well and shorts are common here. My only comment is that many places , the A/C is turned down so low that you get cold wearing them and need a jacket or light wrap to keep from freezing to death. Being outside is like a sauna but going inside is like a meat locker. Therefore, you need to be prepared.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:04 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
Just say no to jorts. Everything else is ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty