U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 03:58 AM

2 posts, read 4,196 times

Advertisements

So I will preface by stating I realize how a woman takes cae of herself plays a part. But having recently gone to my 20th high school anniversary I couldn't help but notice something. As long as it may be have been since graduating high school I still remember what many looked like back then. After attending my high school reunion one thing to me that I noticed was that the girls back then that would be considered "hot babes"... Really haven't aged that well. But the more traditional girl next door women really still look great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 04:14 AM

20,517 posts, read 26,369,809 times
That's good news for me, lol.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:45 AM

37,096 posts, read 45,604,555 times
My son in law says that you have to look at a girl's mother, in order to find out how she will age.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:15 AM

2 posts, read 4,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My son in law says that you have to look at a girl's mother, in order to find out how she will age.
Not always necessarily true.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:32 AM
BMI

7,261 posts, read 4,494,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffries View Post
So I will preface by stating I realize how a woman takes cae of herself plays a part. But having recently gone to my 20th high school anniversary I couldn't help but notice something. As long as it may be have been since graduating high school I still remember what many looked like back then. After attending my high school reunion one thing to me that I noticed was that the girls back then that would be considered "hot babes"... Really haven't aged that well. But the more traditional girl next door women really still look great.
Could be some truth to that, at my reunion, a girl that was very plain jane in high school
was a knockout, best looking woman at the reunion, looking way better.
And some of those "hot" girls....not looking so hot anymore.

Old 07-02-2016, 07:50 AM

8,950 posts, read 7,729,944 times
I have found that black woman do not age as fast as white woman. Most 50 year old black woman look much younger than the average 50 year old white woman and at 60 the difference becomes remarkable.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:03 AM

14,728 posts, read 12,229,923 times
LOl. Has nothing to do with being cute or hot, but rather lifestyle and genetics.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:13 AM

17,086 posts, read 9,859,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
LOl. Has nothing to do with being cute or hot, but rather lifestyle and genetics.
The older I get, the more I look like my mother (and grandmother). I'm hoping that sunscreen, excellent nutrition, and regular exercise will slow down the inevitable, but the fact remains that I really am my mother's daughter.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:23 AM

7,226 posts, read 4,647,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
This.

My mother was absolutely gorgeous in her youth, and still is very beautiful in her 50s. A combination of aesthetics and genetics... black don't crack.

Hopefully I'll age like her. My grandmother aged really well, too.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:26 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,203,775 times
Much to my dismay I was always referred to as being cute. I would have preferred being exotically beautiful with mile long legs, but cute is what my genes dealt me.

Anyway, I'm 60 now and people still say I look the same as I did when I was younger. I'm sure they don't mean exactly the same because even I can see the wrinkles but apparently I haven't changed much over the years and people I haven't seen in decades still recognize me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or