Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 06:22 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The compliments from others are not a factor in my designer bag purchases. The bag's utility and beauty to me is. I have gotten some compliments, but not a lot. Interestingly, the one I've been complimented on the most is my custom made wristlet. I cannot afford a new LV or Chanel bag. I could afford a used one on ebay or another website, but the style isn't for me.

I prefer Treesje and Botkier, which are cheaper but still well made. Few people know they are designer, but I don't care because to me they are beautiful and they last a very long time. The deciding factor when I'm buying a bag is if I like it, if I can afford it, and if I'll get in trouble from my spouse for buying yet another one
surely you shouldnt need so many if they last such a very long time... Ill be honest I dont really notice bags at all, I do notice nice shoes though.. so is it something from our past that makes up like certain things more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 10:14 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
surely you shouldnt need so many if they last such a very long time... Ill be honest I dont really notice bags at all, I do notice nice shoes though.. so is it something from our past that makes up like certain things more.
You're right, you don't need them, but I and others like them. For me handbags are a fun accessory, just like shoes or jewelry or clothes. If someone isn't asking for you to pick up the bill who cares.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:15 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
You're right, you don't need them, but I and others like them. For me handbags are a fun accessory, just like shoes or jewelry or clothes. If someone isn't asking for you to pick up the bill who cares.
hahaha true....

Old 01-12-2017, 11:43 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The deciding factor when I'm buying a bag is if I like it, if I can afford it, and if I'll get in trouble from my spouse for buying yet another one
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Exactly.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:25 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times
Ok....dh says a purse is, essentially, a thing to carry your money. If you spend all your money on the purse, you then have no need for the purse

I think he just didn't want me to buy the designer purse on sale (he he.....I did anyways)

Old 01-13-2017, 06:16 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Ok....dh says a purse is, essentially, a thing to carry your money. If you spend all your money on the purse, you then have no need for the purse

I think he just didn't want me to buy the designer purse on sale (he he.....I did anyways)
When I was a kid I was going to use birthday to buy a "grownup wallet" until I got to the store and realized if I bought the wallet I'd have no money to put in the wallet and I didn't want an empty wallet so I didn't buy one

Old 01-14-2017, 04:24 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,048,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It doesn't affect me. It's okay to not understand one's personal preference for something expensive, I just don't know why people have to be so condescending and rude sometimes about it.
I agree. Some people just want to make themselves seem "better" or more "relevant" by saying certain things. Even if it's saying rude or condescending remarks about the way other people spend their money.

Like someone else said, the car forum here is notorious for people like that who think they are "better" or "above" anyone who finances a car, leases a car, or trade their cars in every 2 years....smh

Old 01-14-2017, 05:42 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Lv

Old 01-14-2017, 07:15 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
My wife just purchased a classic Chanel bag for $5500 for everyday use. It will last forever and appreciate in value if properly taken care of. Sounds like a solid investment to me.
a hand bag for 5500???

my last car wasnt that much ....

wow...i guess i am poor.... im glad my hearty woman isnt into hand-bags....she uses a tote
and a damn good one too from ll bean (not to sound uppity but i think it was over 20.00 )

Old 01-14-2017, 07:55 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
My wife just purchased a classic Chanel bag for $5500 for everyday use. It will last forever and appreciate in value if properly taken care of. Sounds like a solid investment to me.
May appreciate in value, not will. The bag market is more labile than other markets; it fluctuates a lot. Also, bags are considered a luxury item, and unlike cars or real estate, people buy them less often in a tight economy. It's more important that the consumer actually like the handbag they are carrying. Hopefully, your wife truly does
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty