U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 07:39 PM

4,750 posts, read 2,928,920 times

Advertisements

You'd probably have better response on a Purse Forum...

I'd probably want a Chanel GST; caviar leather w/ silver hardware
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 08:10 PM

216 posts, read 62,965 times
It would probably be a Coach, I'm partial to them, although I do like Fendi as well.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:17 PM

24,838 posts, read 24,523,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I agree! I don't carry one either.

ALL my clothes have pockets. I make sure of it before I buy clothes! Pretty simple to do, really.

Drivers License, credit card, and small bills in pocket. Phone in pocket. Key fob in pocket. I don't need to carry any of the rest. Water and sunglasses stay in the car (no need to carry them anywhere).

I think Stan4 is female....pretty sure.

FWIW, I am a female, and I don't see the need for a purse either! Everything I need can fit in my pockets. If it does not fit, I don't need it.
I don't drive often, maybe once a week. All of the things I need and want need to stay with me. My hands get dry really fast, hand cream is a necessity. I even bring some in an evening bag. Same with lip balm. I have real keys and I have 3 for my apartment: front door, my door and garage. I also need to carry my desk keys and I keep my bike lock keys on my main key ring. The fob stays home unless I drive.

I rarely see clothing with pockets and I wear mostly dresses and skirts. Few can fit my iPhone 6, you have to be SOL if you have a 6 plus or other mega phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
All of my clothes do not have pockets, even if they do, I don't always want lumpy pockets, or the worry that stuff will fall out; I don't have a fob, i have actual keys; water, sunglasses and reading glasses come with me most of the time.
Agree, I bring headphones and my kindle if I am taking a long transit ride. We also have 3 seasons in one day so I pack scarves and cardigans! Maybe if I drive everywhere I could get a smaller purse but that's not my life at all.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:47 PM

23,067 posts, read 28,328,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
If you could only own high-end designer handbag, what would it be? I'm talking true designer bags upwards of 2K+. Would you buy it just for looks? Practicality? Or primarily as an investment piece?
Whatever that most expensive one is, that is what I would want. And then I would sell it of course.

No freaking way would I spend that much of my own money on a handbag.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:54 PM

23,067 posts, read 28,328,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I am a female, and I don't see the need for a purse either! Everything I need can fit in my pockets. If it does not fit, I don't need it.
I can't imagine NOT having one. Phone, keys, work entry card, wallet, glasses, small makeup bag (lipstick/blush/mascara), pens, knife (I've carried one since I was 14) nail file, floss, chap stick,and pretty sure I've left a couple of things out. When I leave the house in the morning, I don't come back home for about 13 hours most days. I need my ***** with me.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:11 PM

8,869 posts, read 11,564,363 times
Clearly you have never been mugged or you would think twice about flashing around a bag that is worth that much money. And, no, muggings don't only happen in bad neighborhoods. I've had my purse stolen more than once, most memorably in front of a church in a wealthy residential neighborhood.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:45 PM

17,252 posts, read 16,665,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely40 View Post
A Crocodile Hermes Birkin. A red one please. Thank you!!

Your post reminded me of Francesca Eastwood (daughter of Clint) who bought a $100k red croc Hermes Birkin bag....and destroyed it for an artistic photoshoot!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2mxSXkfjNE

Old 07-04-2016, 10:01 PM

7,711 posts, read 13,009,623 times
I probably have a dozen or so Balenciagas (weekender, works, PT, cities and clutches.) Right now the bags work for me. They take my abuse really well and can hold quite a bit. Plus I like their casual look.

I do like a bunch of Hermes bags (and not just Birkins & Kellys), but they just don't fit my lifestyle right now. The ones I like are too structured.

I've been eyeing some Chanel bags for going out and such, but I feel like they're too obvious.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:33 PM

12,850 posts, read 9,289,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I probably have a dozen or so Balenciagas (weekender, works, PT, cities and clutches.) Right now the bags work for me. They take my abuse really well and can hold quite a bit. Plus I like their casual look.

I do like a bunch of Hermes bags (and not just Birkins & Kellys), but they just don't fit my lifestyle right now. The ones I like are too structured.

I've been eyeing some Chanel bags for going out and such, but I feel like they're too obvious.
I feel the very same with my Tesco poly ones... just too damn obvious and pretentious..What will Lidl shoppers think of me... Memo.. destroy all supermarket named bags..what was I thinking!!

Old 07-05-2016, 02:45 AM

8,836 posts, read 13,254,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I feel the very same with my Tesco poly ones... just too damn obvious and pretentious..What will Lidl shoppers think of me... Memo.. destroy all supermarket named bags..what was I thinking!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty