U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 08:07 AM

7,961 posts, read 6,706,083 times

Advertisements

My personal preference for style and length though the color selection is limited:

Men's Double L Chino Shorts, Classic Fit Plain Front 8 Inseam | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

The issue I have with most cargo shorts is they are to long and to baggy. They look like crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 09:38 AM

25,402 posts, read 14,485,848 times
I always wear cargo shorts. I love having extra pockets. It's not a style thing, more so more places to put items away.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:47 AM

274 posts, read 295,676 times
I wear whatever is comfortable and cargo shorts happen to be comfortable for me. Its also nice to have extra pockets too.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:10 AM

2,484 posts, read 1,725,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
GIRLIE?!?!?!?! They look and feel a heck of a lot better than white or dark socks pulled halfway up your legs.

Fort Lauderdale?

Old 08-07-2016, 11:21 AM

2,484 posts, read 1,725,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
These are my favorites!
Gorgeous legs.

Parous women often lose that feature during/after the first pregnancy, and they get outright vicious about young girls with gorgeous gams, and men too, with nice legs. That's why the baggy shorts down to the knees was invented. I wasn't born yesterday.

BTW, the footies for men were popularized simply because you can't wear socks "pulled up to your knees" and shorts down to your knees without looking dorky.

I keep my modestly long white socks, always (as in the past) scrunched down a little (not "pulled up.") with my above the knee cargoes. The dames are visibly hostile towards me. Frankly, I don't blame them.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:26 PM

3,827 posts, read 2,047,976 times
Are there really actual men/guys who would ask this question?

Old 08-07-2016, 01:26 PM

3,431 posts, read 2,749,487 times
I say "Yea" but it depends upon context.

Cargo shorts are OK for casual wear. "Cargo short Fridays" is a funny idea too, I think it's great for most offices. There are styles that look fine for "casual Friday." I saw a guy wear "boat shoes" (like Sperry Top Siders) with his, and they looked quite preppy and totally appropriate for Summer.

I just have to draw a line though, when it comes to showing up at somewhat formal events in cargo shorts (like first dates, church, meetings, etc.)... they're still casual, in my books....

Old 08-07-2016, 02:26 PM

8,142 posts, read 7,463,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
"Fashionistas" are followers - simply sheep in the field. The shepherds are those who concoct a "trend" and herd the sheep to the fleecing room.

In a previous post you implied that someone who wears cargo shorts is a "loser." I willingly and openly wear cargo shorts. Do you honestly think you can ascertain whether I'm a good father, whether I'm a good husband, my personal worth, my value to society, based on the fact that I like to wear cargo shorts? Heck, I also wear flip-flops with my cargo shorts.
Again, the question was, "Cargo shorts, yay or nay?".

In my opinion if you are wearing cargo shorts or jorts, you look like a loser.

Are you so insecure with that you have to read so much more into it?

Why are you even talking about your abilities as a father or good husband?

Let. It. Go.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:53 PM

4,859 posts, read 3,711,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

Let. It. Go.
In my opinion, wear what you want and what is comfortable to you, whether it's "in fashion" or not.

I'm all about comfort and practicality. I refuse to wear pointy shoes, pinchy shoes, heels, hose, makeup, colored hair, etc.

Oh, and all of my 20-something male children wear cargo shorts, as do their friends and co-workers, and none of them are "losers". In fact, they are all quite successful. So, yeah - Let. It. Go.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:59 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

Let. It. Go.
LOL, what exactly IS your working definition of "loser," and in what regard does style of shorts determine it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty