U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 08:10 AM
Status: "I'm late because I don't want to be here." (set 1 day ago)

986 posts, read 539,796 times

Advertisements

Be-friend her and ask what size shoes she wears and give her a pair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 03:23 PM

4,424 posts, read 5,203,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Or maybe not.

It's free clothes. Free education. Free help with job placement afterwards. A very high success rate with graduates. And yes, it's a Christian organization. But we don't turn away folks from other religions, or no religion, nor do we insist that they pray or convert or anything like that - in fact, one of my favorite students last semester was a Muslim girl from North Africa.
That wasn't what I said. My point was that for instance if I were an atheist or some such no matter how bad I got I'd want nothing from anything tied to religion no matter how much I needed it. My point was not that you wouldn't help but that she might not accept.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
Be-friend her and ask what size shoes she wears and give her a pair.
Then she yanks off her shoe, yells "perv!", and knocks him upside the head thus ruining her only pair of shoes.

Way to go

Old 08-14-2016, 09:09 PM

68 posts, read 61,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
That wasn't what I said. My point was that for instance if I were an atheist or some such no matter how bad I got I'd want nothing from anything tied to religion no matter how much I needed it.
You would rather wear rags than accept some nice clothes from a religious charity? Seriously?

Old 08-15-2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~skywalker~ View Post
You would rather wear rags than accept some nice clothes from a religious charity? Seriously?
If the person had even the slightest suspicion of there being ulterior motives then yes I do believe they would refuse

Old 08-16-2016, 07:54 AM

4 posts, read 1,523 times
Default Hipsters?

They are either retarded or just hipsters (level: over 9000)

Old 08-16-2016, 09:59 AM

2,298 posts, read 1,668,284 times
We use to own rentals and mostly rented out to low income. Majority of them dressed like your talking about and it wasn't because they're poor! No, they all had big screens and one guy had a go kart collection which cost thousands. If you think they looked bad, just look at their homes! It was disgusting, no pride at all and just plain laziness.

To me, most are just lazy and couldn't care less. If they let their homes be filthy why not themselves. You can get clothing at garage sales for .50 to $1 per clothing item that are not stained and full of holes. Sure, there may be a small margin of people who are truely on hard times and cannot afford better, but it's small.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:51 AM

68 posts, read 61,046 times
Hi!

I almost forgot about this thread, just a quick final update ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
To me, most are just lazy and couldn't care less.
I think (at least when it comes to the woman I wrote about), you are right. I was quite concerned about her situation, but ...

About a week ago I saw her once again ... wearing a torn hoodie with the cuffs almost ripped off, the usual worn out and holey pj pants and her broken shoes, now both held together in the front with tape.

But she bought a lot of quite expensive stuff and apparently owns a brand new iPhone!

And yesterday I saw her getting pizza from one of the most expensive takeaways here (where the cheapest pizza costs about 20 bucks) ... so I doubt she has serious financial problems.

Dunno, but I will not talk to her and offer my help, obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or