Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 10:10 AM

876 posts, read 812,623 times

Advertisements

If you go out with complete disregard for personal appearance, that is considered one sign of mental illness. This lady may also be a drug addict completely addled by heroin, meth, coke, or a combination of all the above.

Or she might be just living an adventurous life of excess because she saw the movie "On the Road" and just woke up from an all night drunken orgy with her two closest male friends.

All the more reason to shop online whenever possible. I'm looking forward to grocery delivery drones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 10:37 AM

762 posts, read 610,514 times
I don't know but I am so uncomfortable in completely flat shoes especially ballet flats. I think walking in high heels is actually more comfortable.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:40 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
I don't get it either. I feel like it has to do with little self respect. I have told my sons millions of times: "dress for success, dress how you want people to treat you, dress for the occasion".

I went to a funeral this week. I was appalled.
Sun dresses, kids looking like they are going to the park, no neckties, flip flops .
I will note that probably 95% of the people were dressed appropriately for the occasion .

Old 08-07-2016, 11:25 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,264,630 times
She is probably homeless.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:29 AM

12,833 posts, read 9,029,433 times
Seems to be a style trend among some groups. I see younger women all the time dressed similarly (wearing pajamas to go the store is "trendy" now. I see people wearing them looking at more in the store) who I know for a fact can easily afford to dress decently but choose not to. Heck there are clothes on the rack that are pre-torn that cost more than the regular ones.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:37 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~skywalker~ View Post
I'm not really fashion police, I like to wear comfortable things (mostly jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops).

But last week I saw a young woman in her 20s in our local supermarket. Wearing a faded, holey black t-shirt, some sort of pajama pants (totally worn out and falling off her) and a pair of totally trashed ballet flats.

Not only that it looked very tacky, it obviously wasn't exactly comfortable. She had to pull up her pants every few steps and was struggling keeping her broken shoes on her feet.

Saw her a few times now and she always wore the same "outfit" ...

Why do people dress like that? I can't understand it ...
This is really a mystery to you? Really?

Old 08-07-2016, 03:05 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,533,793 times
@GiGi603 -

Did the guest of honor at the funeral complain about how people dressed???

Old 08-07-2016, 03:10 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,562,983 times
And how someone dresses out in public, unless it's indecent, is y'all's business how?

Old 08-07-2016, 04:32 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
2 years ago when my youngest was still in elementaey school one of the other "older" moms complained about this.

She said "I can understand dropping your kids off in pajamas but picking them up like that too? Who raised these people?"

I just kind of laughed because to be honest, I hadn't really noticed.

After I started paying attention I had to admit she was right.

I'm not completely in agreement with the "too poor" theory.

I understand poor; I live at 200% BELOW poverty level.

I'm very insecure about the few, worn & out of style articles of clothing I have but I do have enough self-respect to at least TRY.

Maybe the woman OP is talking about suffers from depression?

Last edited by coschristi; 08-07-2016 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-07-2016, 04:36 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I don't get it either. I feel like it has to do with little self respect. I have told my sons millions of times: "dress for success, dress how you want people to treat you, dress for the occasion".

I went to a funeral this week. I was appalled.
Sun dresses, kids looking like they are going to the park, no neckties, flip flops .
I will note that probably 95% of the people were dressed appropriately for the occasion k
:.
Lol, I went to a funeral somewhat recently where this very young woman wore a skintight, long-sleeved, very short, black minidress, with "**** me" pumps. She seriously looked like she was going out clubbing. lol And the funeral was for... her grandfather.

As to the OP, yep, it sounds like something is going on with this woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty