Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2016, 04:28 AM

1,110 posts, read 896,439 times

Advertisements

I was reading an amusing thread about the looks of the women in NYC. I got to thinking about this: you seldom see standout beauty in men or women in the local area - they must migrate somewhere else. And when you do see it, it is noticeable. As an example, in our former townhouse complex during mid-day. hubby and I saw two gorgeous women walking down the sidewalk. They stood out in looks and dress. You never see women like this out and about in NOVA (northern VA), or anywhere else that I can remember.

The second example is Scott Erickson, of the Baltimore Orioles. Hubby and I and family members were at Cooperstown NY to see the home of the Baseball Hall of Fame, and we were eating at a local establishment when Erickson walked in, with Mark McgWire. Erickson was so tall, dark and handsome, that I just stared, as did my sister. My Brother in law rushed up to ask who he was, he spoke to a bodyguard, who was there to keep the women away from him. I have never seen a baseball player who look like that, they are more on the Mark McgWire model....

My point is, you don't see a great deal of standout looking people out and about, they must migrate to certain areas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 09:36 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,196 times
I guess, Lot of beautiful girls/boys are trying to get into modeling industry so they will flock to fashion hub, NYC. Others are trying to get into Hollywood so they will flock to LA. Its the same as any other field. All the Tech genius migrate to west coast while all the business/investment genius migrate to wall street. Certain location draws certain type of people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty