Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 05:37 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,789,738 times

Advertisements

I believe that's the way it had been but the feminization of American men has made them less virile.

I'm 28 and I think the years have been better to me than most girls my age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 05:38 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,908,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bygeorge View Post
My wife, very late 60s, never fails to stun my senses when she undresses. This old boy has nooooo interest in the younger women. Most of them do not come close to my girl. Lucky me.
Wow! Wonderful post and very inspirational for us, Gen-xers pushing 50!

Old 08-09-2016, 07:39 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Wife and I in 50's with wife 3 years younger....she has taken great care of her skin and face, dyes and fixes her hair in a flattering manner, dresses well, and is in good shape so she has definitely aged beautifully, better than me. I have kept myself in pretty good shape, almost in the ideal weight range for my height, and she says she loves my thinning gray hair. For a man, having a successful career and being able to charm are factors that sometimes overcomes their physical appearance it seems....I have to ignore much younger women who flirt with me because I'm perfectly happy with my wife.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:15 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Wife and I in 50's with wife 3 years younger....she has taken great care of her skin and face, dyes and fixes her hair in a flattering manner, dresses well, and is in good shape so she has definitely aged beautifully, better than me. I have kept myself in pretty good shape, almost in the ideal weight range for my height, and she says she loves my thinning gray hair. For a man, having a successful career and being able to charm are factors that sometimes overcomes their physical appearance it seems....I have to ignore much younger women who flirt with me because I'm perfectly happy with my wife.
Aw so sweet. It is nice to hear that you keep in shape too.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:25 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
I find this hard to believe but I'll be 50 in 8 months. I try to keep myself in good shape for my wife, who still looks great at 46. We both work at not letting ourselves fall apart. I think I must have some good genes too though my dad died early at 71 because he didn't take care of himself. I'm not going down that road.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:50 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Most women age poorly because they started putting on make up or dressing up too young. In the old days, only older women wear makeup. Makeup was used in the medieval times by old people to look younger. It should not be used by younger women. All makeup does is dry up the skin and make them look extremely done. No wonder as females age, no levels of makeup can make you look as sharp as they did when they were in their 20s with makeup.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:43 AM

604 posts, read 618,437 times
Looking at my facebook feed I would say that the women I went to school with, AND do not have children, they look 'late 20s' at 40.

I kinda like the 'mature look' in women, so looking young is not necessarily a synonym of looking great. The important thing is not looking 'tired' or that you've given up.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:05 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
I still think older women have a "certain beauty" about them that defies the notions of youthfulness as the standard of female beauty. Maybe it's the fact, for some, of their beauty being connected to their "natural" ability to present themselves in ways that attract men, and then you see that they truly admire men, unlike the youth who mostly admire the image in the mirror. Do women age more gracefully, no, on average they don't, and neither do the men who fail to take care of themselves, but as it has been pointed out, men and women who DO take care of themselves look very well put together in a way that youth can't match.

I've seen some gorgeous women, who at seventy and older look absolutely stunning, great genes I guess, but then again I realize they look good for the fact that they dressed that day in a way that made them look fabulous, and that realization goes to show that presentation of oneself is what people see. One poster commented on the poorly dressed and out of shape people we see each day out in public, I guess they just don't care about looking good, and worse, some appear to look really bad and wear it as a badge of proud individuality.

We will always appear as a mirror of our ability to look as we want, health issues aside, most do want to look good in their old age, but it takes a mountain of will power to achieve that healthy, sexy demeanor. I'm like most men of seventy, overweight but not obese, I'm aware that my wife looks better than me at this point and she's three years older, we both work out three times a week and it is working, we are trimming up and feel much better, eat and drink in moderation, jeez, mom was right after all...

You said Hormones, as a "side note"! That ages us more that anything and it is something most people overlook. Men's testosterone will decrease with age and his female hormone level will rise. For women it's the opposite. Hormones are the biggest part of what make us tick, feel young and alive and slow aging. Keeping your hormones in proper range will slow aging more then just about anything. For men and women. I train very hard five days per week at the gym and eat very healthy and have the testosterone level on the high range for a 28 year old man and I'm in my early 40's It makes a HUGE difference for both men and women. If you're approaching middle age, or even just feeling sluggish, GET YOU HORMONES CHECKED! If they are out of balance, get them back in line, QUICK. And then keep them there. This will slow aging more that anything you can do.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:53 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Not all wine ages well.

Some ages horribly.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:34 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
You said Hormones, as a "side note"! That ages us more that anything and it is something most people overlook. Men's testosterone will decrease with age and his female hormone level will rise. For women it's the opposite. Hormones are the biggest part of what make us tick, feel young and alive and slow aging. Keeping your hormones in proper range will slow aging more then just about anything. For men and women. I train very hard five days per week at the gym and eat very healthy and have the testosterone level on the high range for a 28 year old man and I'm in my early 40's It makes a HUGE difference for both men and women. If you're approaching middle age, or even just feeling sluggish, GET YOU HORMONES CHECKED! If they are out of balance, get them back in line, QUICK. And then keep them there. This will slow aging more that anything you can do.
In a sea of posts by women bashing themselves, it takes a man to mention hormones. (albeit a little technically incorrect )

To put a more definite point on it - MENOPAUSE.

What a metaphor for the difference between the sexes.

I'm tempted to label it a genetic defect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty