Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 08:07 PM

104 posts, read 95,964 times

Advertisements

I am scared of stiff movements. Old people move like robots. I also am fanatic about looking my teeth which support the face and jaw line, impacting appearance. Oh and these wiry grey hairs ugh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 08:22 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,642,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amman View Post
Thin lips like a little bird and sallow, shriveled skin...

No, it hasn't happened yet, but I've noticed how many elderly folks get these.
I think this may be related to dental care and loss of teeth and gums. The older generation didn't have the implants, crowns or even good bridge work like we do today.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:29 PM

105 posts, read 103,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
I think this may be related to dental care and loss of teeth and gums. The older generation didn't have the implants, crowns or even good bridge work like we do today.
Excellent point.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:33 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
What are the three age-related changes to your appearance that you fear most? If you can only think of one or two, that's fine.
No Fears Here my friend..Just disappointed genetics didn't cooperate with my age defying practices..LOL.. Why fear it..accept it..gracefully..just be your usual self and even make fun of your obvious changes...I find it funny..because my kids say..Noooooo You look great..LOL..Course they likely still see me still as their younger mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
NO fears here.
Seriously.
Being afraid doesn't stop time in its tracks... you have to learn to go with the flow.
Accept your lot in life..that should never cause fear..course some people spends many thousands trying to appear younger..but their efforts for OUTER appearance doesn't negate their internal changes that cause them there changes.. I would LOL..except some just are in Denial..refuse they can age with dignity ..It's sad really!!

NO FEARS from Me!!

Old 08-09-2016, 08:37 PM

251 posts, read 168,876 times
Fear of Turkey neck

Got mine packed in ice right now .

Wish me luck *

Old 08-09-2016, 08:46 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
I believe you are 100% correct! Google "Facial Collapse"...Yikes!

I have microcytic anemia & for the past 5 years it's been "severe" (hemoglobin of 7). This led to Pica (craving of unusual substances...in my case chewing ice).

This past year I have had to have 9 units of blood transfused. That plus the reversal of my tubal that led to the anemia has stopped the Pica in it's tracks.

Unfortunately; I have already managed to fracture all but one opposing molar in my mandible (lower jaw).

I'm "only" 48 but I'm setting my sights on implants NOW...I am NOT letting that happen to me!

Old 08-09-2016, 08:50 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,026 times
54 here, for me it would be thinning hair, crepey neck skin and general sagging. And I am realizing I really, really should have consistently used sunscreen when I was younger.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:58 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,336 times
Quote:
Thin lips like a little bird and sallow, shriveled skin...

No, it hasn't happened yet, but I've noticed how many elderly folks get these.
Keep biting your lips, then they will not shrivel!!......

Old 08-09-2016, 09:01 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,336 times
Quote:
Of course, birds don't have lips, but it popped into my head.
lol...funny..yes, that.s a problem because what's there to kiss if the lips shriveled??...:=((((

Old 08-09-2016, 09:08 PM

105 posts, read 103,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
Keep biting your lips, then they will not shrivel!!......
So I will just keep driving on the expressway late at night!

It 's a lip biter around here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty