U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 07:14 AM

3,153 posts, read 2,868,013 times

Advertisements

My work wardrobe consists mainly of two dresses in several different colors each, and two pairs of shoes in two colors each. It just makes life so much easier. But I'm far from fashionable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 07:39 AM

6,754 posts, read 3,393,957 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
No because my fashion changes with my mood. Sometimes i might fall in love with an item and want many of the same thing but after few wears, sometimes even after first wear, i realize i don't like it as much.

Basically i don't trust myself to buy same thing several times
There are trendy items and basics. I would not buy multiples of a trendy item ex one that is likely just going to be around for a season or two, but will buy multiples of things I use all the time ex black v neck tank tops or black pants or jeans it I really like the style and quality. I hate wearing faded clothes so I would rather have back up basics then be upset when I can't find the item again.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:40 AM

1,115 posts, read 784,665 times
I will buy two or three of something in other colors if I like it, but I don't generally buy backups. My tastes change, my circumstances change (weight, job, location etc.), there have been times I wished I had an extra of something, but thats just a great excuse to go find something new to love!

Old 08-10-2016, 09:10 AM

3,233 posts, read 1,510,059 times
Black pants, jeans, skirts, white cotton blouses...!!

Old 08-10-2016, 12:07 PM

6,236 posts, read 7,435,773 times
I had the perfect pair of flats - fit/style/comfort - and they weren't expensive. One day, following a performance, I was changing from costume to street clothes and slipped on "my" shoes. Turns out, they belonged to a fellow actor and we both laughed, and then confessed that we should have bought multiple pairs. The style has never been replicated; although it has been introduced in a slightly different model. While the change is seemingly subtle, it's enough to render the new shoe uncomfortable for those with a high instep.

If they ever come back, I'm buying extras.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:39 PM

1,763 posts, read 1,176,509 times
I have done that with maxi dresses - same dress in different colors/patterns. No regrets AT ALL. Those dresses make my life so much easier!

Old 08-10-2016, 01:23 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,302,608 times
I buy more than one shirt, pair of pants or pair of shoes when I find items that look nice and are comfortable. If I like the available colors I'll get different colors; otherwise, I'll get more than one thing in the same color.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:37 PM

4,057 posts, read 1,809,597 times
If I find them in a thrift store; Gap tank tops with the "shelf" bra in them.

I love them but I can't afford them brand new at a Gap store. And lately tank tops are "seamless" as in NO bra & I don't like wearing bras with a tank top.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:57 PM

17,687 posts, read 21,872,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Years ago I read that when you find an item of clothing you really like to buy one of every color! This may be questionable since not every color may be appealing or look good on us. But I've taken it to another letter, which may be a little insane.

Earlier this year I finally broke down and got a pair of compression capri leggings to wear to the gym instead of my ratty shorts. The second I put them on I asked them where they have been all my life. Just loved the look and feel, so now I wear them all the time outside the gym with a short dress/long tunic top over it. It can actually be difficult to find a tunic top that covers the rear end and extends a few inches/a foot or so below---that's where dresses can come in that would be too short to wear on their own, but do well over leggings.

Target has a sleeveless dress that I love the feel and fit of it. All of $20 and it looks like a $200 Eileen Fisher dress! So I got them in all the colors: black, olive, and magenta. Then they got reduced to $14, so I got three more in case the original ones got stretched out or stained. Now they are reduced to $10---would it be crazy to get three more? Will I need to join a support group for obsessive buying and fixation on an item of clothing?

Has anyone else bought more than one of the same item (not underwear!) to make sure they will always have it?

Absolutely! If a particular dress, skirt, sweater, jeans, look good on me, are cut well. and are quality? I will buy them in multiples! I like pretty simple classic clothes, so it works for me!

Old 08-10-2016, 09:34 PM

7,289 posts, read 12,924,742 times
Definitely! I avoid certain colors that don't work for me, but will buy everything else. If there is a huge sale, I'll buy every single color that works for me. With shoes, I like to get both black and brown if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or