Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 11:59 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times

Advertisements

I love jewelry .. gold ... silver .... anything and everything about it. I like Swaroski stuff... but the crystals fall out too easy. Now I am currently more in to Pandora jewelry. The whole bracelets situation makes me laugh. It reminds me of collecting stickers, treasure troll dolls or bennie babies as a kid. I am trying not to get caught up in the charm craz as they can add up super fast. Anyone in to charm bracelets or want to comment on the charm bracelet tend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 06:10 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I have an heirloom traditional charm bracelet, but I don't like any of the contemporary trendy charm bracelets or stuff like Pandora or Origami Owl. Somebody got me a bracelet and a bunch of the flat "Italian" charms that were popular about ten years ago, but fleeting trends aren't my thing.I prefer classic jewelry to stuff that looks quickly dated.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:16 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times
Many women in my city have or wear something from Pandora. I call it the Pandora cult. It reminds me of other silly things we collected as kids. I could not see my husband paring $50 to $100 for a bead to give me lol. I almost would be disappoint to open a jewelry box that was a gift and find only a bead in it. I have met women people that are totally in to this. I wonder how long it will take for the trend to fizzle out?

Old 08-13-2016, 11:12 AM

22,556 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Pandora already fizzled out in my area.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:52 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,385 times
I wear just a few Pandora charms at a time on a bracelet, leather cord bracelet and on a chain as pendants. They are my "fun" pieces of jewelry as are my friendship bracelets my daughter makes me. I like to be casual in the summer.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:06 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,291,165 times
I am not interested in the Pandora or Italian charm bracelets for the reason mentioned by another poster--they are expensive and will be "out of style".

I am sorta interested in a traditional charm bracelet and am looking for tiny charms. I have a freakishly small wrist and don't like the look of the typical charm bracelet on me.

I only wear sterling silver, so that further limits me. I've actually been looking for charms for babies--I like the idea of tiny charms for some reason.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:33 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,270,193 times
To me Pandora, etc. is just another overpriced gimmick to get the public to buy.

Alex and Ani bracelets seem to be the craze nowadays. I've tried a couple on and I just don't get it. While I like bracelets, I'm not fond of stuff dangling from my wrists only to get caught in my clothing. Bangles don't work well for me either, as I have small wrists, and I really don't like my jewelry "announcing" my arrival.

Old 08-13-2016, 05:11 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,404,871 times
I like charm bracelets and all, but $50-$100 for one charm? Screw that. I'll peruse craft stores and flea markets and make my own, thanks.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:20 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,512,741 times
Pandora has passed its sell-by-date in my area now too, but Alex and Ani are still going strong. Some of the long time locals are into the charm bracelets sold at a local chain jeweler, they've been receiving charms from this brand since they were children and its remained a tradition for them. My own grandma had tried to do that for me too but I didn't have the appreciation for it as a child that I should have and I no longer have the bracelet, or the charms.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:28 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,385 times
I also think Elsa Peretti's vessel pendants are being rediscovered. I wanted one in the late 80's and may finally get a small one to wear on a longer chain. I like to layer my necklaces and I think it's time to get my bottle!

I also have been making my favorite shorter necklaces longer by attaching another necklace to the ends. I have a Ten Thousand Things delicate necklace that feels better longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty