Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 05:44 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,074 times

Advertisements

Well, I'll state the positives first.

She looks like a young Sherilyn Fenn and has flawless skin. It's not just that her makeup is well done...she has gorgeous skin (look at her decolletage)...the kind of skin that looks like she drinks a gallon of water a day and bathes in milk. I don't know how much foundation/powder she's got on her face...and she barely needs it at all...but whatever amount she's got on, she's done an excellent job of matching her natural skin tone (again, look at her decolletage).

Eye shadow is well done.
The lashes and that cat eye...both well done.
The dark matte lip on her works well.

Negatives:

The hair...I like the color scheme just fine, and I like that she was smart enough to go with a bob which compliments that jaw line and her face shape (long long hair would have been too much in conjunction with everything else). However, the asymmetrical styling is kind of weird in this case.

Her brow game needs work. If you're gonna go that bold & dramatic with the brows, you better have an expert hand. It's kinda weird that her brows are that off when she seems to have quite the touch with the eye liner.

The tattoos...I have nothing against the full sleeves or even that neck tattoo. And they are all done well. Also I actually kind of think her hand tattoos are cool. But I don't get the specific tattoos themselves. Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away on the left arm? Can't tell what's on the right arm (although I think I saw a Transformer?). Don't know what the theme is on her neck. But it all seems to be Japanimation related. That's a lot of dermal real estate to devote to favorite cartoons. And I hope that that Pokemon crap behind her isn't a sign that some of those tatts are Pokemon related. In any event, I don't get what image she's trying to put forth. It looks like she's going for a Suicide Girl thing, but the subject matter of her tatts...Um, OK.

I won't comment on that invective on "feminism". Jesus H. Christ. I hope that was just YouTube performance art.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:49 PM

17 posts, read 22,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
Well, I'll state the positives first.

She looks like a young Sherilyn Fenn and has flawless skin. It's not just that her makeup is well done...she has gorgeous skin (look at her decolletage)...the kind of skin that looks like she drinks a gallon of water a day and bathes in milk. I don't know how much foundation/powder she's got on her face...and she barely needs it at all...but whatever amount she's got on, she's done an excellent job of matching her natural skin tone (again, look at her decolletage).

Eye shadow is well done.
The lashes and that cat eye...both well done.
The dark matte lip on her works well.

Negatives:

The hair...I like the color scheme just fine, and I like that she was smart enough to go with a bob which compliments that jaw line and her face shape (long long hair would have been too much in conjunction with everything else). However, the asymmetrical styling is kind of weird in this case.

Her brow game needs work. If you're gonna go that bold & dramatic with the brows, you better have an expert hand. It's kinda weird that her brows are that off when she seems to have quite the touch with the eye liner.

The tattoos...I have nothing against the full sleeves or even that neck tattoo. And they are all done well. Also I actually kind of think her hand tattoos are cool. But I don't get the specific tattoos themselves. Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away on the left arm? Can't tell what's on the right arm (although I think I saw a Transformer?). Don't know what the theme is on her neck. But it all seems to be Japanimation related. That's a lot of dermal real estate to devote to favorite cartoons. And I hope that that Pokemon crap behind her isn't a sign that some of those tatts are Pokemon related. In any event, I don't get what image she's trying to put forth. It looks like she's going for a Suicide Girl thing, but the subject matter of her tatts...Um, OK.

I won't comment on that invective on "feminism". Jesus H. Christ. I hope that was just YouTube performance art.
Her neck tat is based off of the Pokemon Yveltal: http://static.pokemonpets.com/images...17-Yveltal.png

Old 08-22-2016, 05:53 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
I love her eyes!

Old 08-22-2016, 05:58 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So? Not everybody wants to be a plain Jane.
It has nothing to do with being a plain Jane. To me it just yells look at me!! Look at me!!! And I wonder if she does it because she likes it ... or she likes the attention. Two very very different things. And it is hard to get beyond that to even say if it looks nice or not.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:02 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
And, as per usual, thread becomes a pro-tattoo/anti-tattoo thread.

I'm sure the OP knew this would happen.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:36 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Some people just can't see the forest for the trees

Old 08-22-2016, 06:37 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

no idea what the OP intentions were, but i don't see that happening (yet?) here in this thread.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:38 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It has nothing to do with being a plain Jane. To me it just yells look at me!! Look at me!!! And I wonder if she does it because she likes it ... or she likes the attention. Two very very different things. And it is hard to get beyond that to even say if it looks nice or not.
Just a reminder, many people don't dress or cultivate an image for anyone but themselves. The notion that someone is dressing for attention flies in the face of what we know are the motivating factors when it comes to fashion and beauty choices.

I have a much more tame look, I prefer to a more classic, New England prep school style. But I dress that way, for me and no one else. It is possible and likely even that this look is what makes this young woman feel confident. Just because you would feel uncomfortable in those clothes does not mean she must have ulterior motives to her clothing choices.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:52 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
no idea what the OP intentions were, but i don't see that happening (yet?) here in this thread.
You havent seen the multiple posts regarding peoples dislike for tattoos?

Old 08-22-2016, 07:24 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
SuicideGirl look? Well, I have/had that "look," so I'm cool with it for myself and others if that's their thing. I have a lot of friends who also have this look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty