Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 03:50 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
Sure! I'll post a picture here. I'm a guy though just so you know (some people don't always know by the name! haha) so they are men's boots. But I do think they are very nice looking boots - loved the blue detailing. Very comfortable too.
Great shoes ! You have great fashion sense and are going to be stylish with the new boots !

Glad to see a guy post on here !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 06:23 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I always randomly wonder (this isn't a criticism) what people who have zero interest in fashion find appealing about a fashion board, LOL.

Again, I'm not criticizing. You are welcome here and you're as free to post as the next person. I just am puzzled by people who come here to announce that fashion is basically the dumbest idea ever. How does this happen...does a post title just catch your eye when you're scrolling down the board categories or something?

As I said: regardless, welcome.
IMO, yes, it IS a criticism, and YES you ARE criticizing. But, that's OK.
Yes, I was scrolling down the board, and the thread title caught my eye. So, being a more than a little bit sarcastic, I decided to respond.
If I ruffled your (or anybody else's) feathers, good! Possibly I increased your heart rate a significant amount, which is good for your cardiac health.
Thanks for the welcome.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Yes, I was scrolling down the board, and the thread title caught my eye. So, being a more than a little bit sarcastic, I decided to respond.
If I ruffled your (or anybody else's) feathers, good! Possibly I increased your heart rate a significant amount, which is good for your cardiac health.
Thanks for the welcome.

You didn't bother me in any of your posts. And I didn't think Jerz was criticizing you.

Sorry to disappoint you!

By the way, I adore clothes and accessories and think of them as some of life's most affordable and interesting perks. I will probably be accessorizing and buying cute boots and scarves and jackets when I'm 85 years old, if I make it that long (the odds are in my favor).

If you're not buying up fashion items I guess that means less competition for me on eBay. THANKS!

Old 09-27-2016, 06:43 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,176 times
Quote:
Fall fashion items??
Sorry, I don't do "fashion", I do "function".
This year, I have no need to replace, or add to, my "functional" fall and winter wear.
Everything I have is just fine for another year or 5.
Well, my Red Wing boots are borderline, but I think they will last another winter, especially if I give them a good coating of Hubbard's Shoe Grease. (Yeah, the stuff that smells kinda like sheep dip!)
Perhaps you will learn/gain something positive by commenting on this fashion thread.

I always love to hear stories of someone saying something to the effect of, "Well I was being sarcastic about (topic) and in the process I learned something about myself or I ended up liking (topic).

It's interesting how things like that work out, kinda a way of balancing out.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome.
I don't think it was *that* impressive LOL, with the heartbeat and all that, but that's okay, thank you for the explanation.

It sounds like you want to make an impact on someone so I hope that happens for you. People need all different things - this is yours. We are none of us perfect. And I realize nobody likes to feel invisible.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You didn't bother me in any of your posts. And I didn't think Jerz was criticizing you.

Sorry to disappoint you!

By the way, I adore clothes and accessories and think of them as some of life's most affordable and interesting perks. I will probably be accessorizing and buying cute boots and scarves and jackets when I'm 85 years old, if I make it that long (the odds are in my favor).

If you're not buying up fashion items I guess that means less competition for me on eBay. THANKS!
I don't think I can resist the siren song of the boots anymore. You people are killin' me.

If I grab a pair I will post them!

Old 09-28-2016, 05:21 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Thank you for the fun, but it is time to move on.
All y'all have a great day and a better week.
Bye-bye until the next time...

Old 09-28-2016, 06:48 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I've been looking for a casual button-up jacket in olive drab or similar shade, something I can dress up with a tie-neck blouse or dress down with different tops. Similar to a jean jacket, but not blue denim. I'm tall so jackets tend to be too short in the arms. I also want a fitted shape.
I like Pyramid Collection clothes, and their tops are roomier in the elbows. I've never bought one of their jackets, though. I like this but am not sure about the lace. And would it clash with dark blue jeans? I usually consider jeans to be neutral instead of blue, but there's a lot of blue in the green jacket.

https://m.pyramidcollection.com/item...x?T1=P93674+1X

Old 09-28-2016, 07:42 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
I'm going to need some office attire, and could use another pair of Birks, now that my old ones are finally broken in. Maybe a fun color like plum or rust.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:06 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,907,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
Great shoes ! You have great fashion sense and are going to be stylish with the new boots !

Glad to see a guy post on here !
Thanks! I don't post very often because not that many guys post here haha. But I actually like having nice clothes and I appreciate women who have an eye for fashion as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty