Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 10:58 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times

Advertisements

It sounds like you need more than augmentation. It sounds like you would need that and a lift.

I would go talk to a plastic surgeon. Make sure you find one that is board certified and has admitting practice at your local hospital. That is VERY important.

The lift is major surgery.

Additionally, some areas are far less expensive for most procedures. South Florida, LA, parts of Texas may be worth looking into.

A basic augmentation is about half here of what it cost me in South Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 12:36 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
I find nothing wrong with it if it will make you feel happier and more self-confident.

Of course there will always be the "but where does it all end?" hyperbole, complete with pics of Meg Ryan and the Cat Lady, but I don't think most people who have a cosmetic procedure go that route. I say, if you have the resources and a dependable doctor chosen, go for it.

My boobs are getting smaller due to weight loss and they're not as perky as they could be, and I fantasize about BA once in a while. We don't have the money right now, but if we did, I'm sure I would have the procedure.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:48 PM

16 posts, read 14,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Man. Where have you been?

When I was a kid, I accidentally saw my older sister's pal naked. She had breasts that looked like a little old lady's, and she was a seventeen year old virgin!

OP-

Do what ya want, but plastic baggies stuffed continuously into your chest isn't the greatest idea or look.
And 17 year old can have saggy breasts?

Old 09-13-2016, 04:25 PM

604 posts, read 856,417 times
If you want it and have the resources, do it! I went the opposite way - had a reduction - but it was one of the best chunks of money I ever spent. I see no shame in improving something that bothers you if you can.
I have friends who got lifted/augmented after having kids. Do some consults with board-certified surgeons, but make sure they are certified by an organization like the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Some "certification" groups are more like "pay us a fee and you're certified."
One piece of advice I would pass on to you, from friends who had the procedure - make sure your family is complete before you have the surgery, or all that work (and money) has a very good chance of being for naught. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:50 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Get a consult if you want or buy some beautiful bras and wear them all the time like Carrie did on Sex and the City. Your breasts served their intended purpose, try to remember that. :-)
OP--I get how you feel. Meanwhile between the consult and your decision I think this ^ is a wonderful alternative--get yourself some beautiful bras and wear them all the time. It will make you feel better.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:25 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggshellz View Post
And 17 year old can have saggy breasts?
You bet they can!

Old 09-13-2016, 05:28 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
If it would make you feel better about yourself, do it.

Old 09-13-2016, 06:16 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Man. Where have you been?

When I was a kid, I accidentally saw my older sister's pal naked. She had breasts that looked like a little old lady's, and she was a seventeen year old virgin!

OP-

Do what ya want, but plastic baggies stuffed continuously into your chest isn't the greatest idea or look.
Okay....maybe you were just trying to make your point vividly....but sexual experience has NO impact at all on breast perkiness. BTW, neither does sexual experience impact the size of a woman's "nether lips" - that's a myth! I don't think enough people connect breast perkiness and experience to make it a myth.....ha.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:42 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
IMO any surgeon who'd take your money only a year out from your last pregnancy (and, if you breast fed, even less than that since you stopped nursing) isn't the kind of surgeon you want to entrust your body to. There's still a very good chance they'll bounce back at least partway on their own.

If you do decide to have surgery, it's important to consider ahead of time that there's a chance that they won't turn out looking or feeling the way you want, and a small chance that they'll REALLY turn out poorly. There is also, as with any surgery, the risk of complications from minor to severe. Going to a great doc reduces but does not eliminate those risks. It's really up to you whether that's something you're okay with for something that's totally elective. Personally, while I don't object at all to plastic surgery in and of itself, I would not risk an unnecessary surgery while I had dependent kids.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:26 AM

10 posts, read 7,542 times
I just want to say thanks to all of you! You have all given me great advice and things to think about.

I have been watching some breast augmentation videos and found one that looks very close to mine:

Mod cut.
I really hope it being a video of a more medical nature is not something that moderators have an issue with, because the way hers look look just like mine and it's very embarrassing and like how hers look afterwards.

Thanks for all the advice!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-14-2016 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: Sorry, but nudity is not permitted, even in a medical sense. TMI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty