Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 11:07 PM

10 posts, read 7,541 times

Advertisements

I want to say I apologize if this isn't the right forum section to post this but it sounded like an appropriate one.

To be honest I feel embarrassed to post this but I need advice. I am 28 married to a great man for 7 years now. We have three children, 6, 5 and 1. I have breastfed them all and unfortunately my breasts haven't just got a little saggy but have totally given up. I understand having children and breastfeeding can cause some sagging but for me it's a lot more. Again this is embarrassing to say but it's less "sag" and more "totally deflated".

I don't know if this is unusual but my breasts look like if I did have implants and they both suddenly malfunctioned and they both completely dropped. If this were just some sagging I wouldn't mind that much but honestly I feel embarrassed and push up bras don't help. My better half hasn't said anything negative about them but the look awful. I am a C cup and they did get bigger with pregnancy, but still the issue I have really bothers me. I am a SAHM and I haven't talked to my husband about getting implants yet mainly because I don't like unnecessary surgery and the cost.

And honestly before I admit in the past I always believed women should just be happy with what they have and accept any natural sagging with age and children but I feel really bad about mine due to them just well... Not sagging but deflate, best way I can describe it.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts and sorry if the mental picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 11:24 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,856,735 times
I have a couple of friends who have implants and are really happy with them. They've both said it's not a one-time expense, there's some follow up required over the years.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:28 PM

16 posts, read 14,032 times
How can a woman that young have breasts that supposedly "deflate"? What does that even look like? Saggy breasts are something older women get I thought.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:04 AM

13 posts, read 9,625 times
1- don't feel embarrassed about posting this question; I think many women (myself included) when they consider a breast aug face a very emotional rollercoaster that plastic surgeons benefit from

2- I'd wager 100% that your better half loves your body and will be supportive of your choices. Your the mother of his children and his wife! Ultimately he will care about your happiness and what it takes to make you happy with your body.

3- If you haven't had a consultation yet here is what the doctor will (likely) tell you that you "need": a breast lift and a breast augmentation. The consult itself is somewhat of a horrifying experience to say the least.

Several years ago my friend referred me to her plastic surgeon. I was a C cup and just wanted to go bigger. When I went to the referral, the physician told me I needed a breast lift and he refused to do the augmentation without one! I left completely mortified and crying hysterically. I loved my breasts, I just wanted them to be more voluptuous and I didn't want anyone cutting the nipples! And I surely didn't think in a million years that my boobs had a "sag".

I tried to forget about the consult and get my self esteem back when I found a plastic surgeon that offered a workaround. He ended up making incisions right where the skin meets the breast bone below each nipple and inserted the implants under the muscle. Not only did I go big or go home, it took about a year for me to realize I had made a huge mistake with my body. My nipples hurt all the time AND they cause major back pain. I can't run or box like I used to and it's not only changed my hormones but also the way I carry weight. Because I went bigger, my shoulders are bigger and now I hate my arms. They are no longer the toned, athletic arms I used to love! They are also in the way and do not get any more attention than when they were smaller. I'm embarrassed by them and constantly have them covered.

My point is that you must try to see your breasts from a different perspective. Look at them under different lighting. Wear a different color bra, try different patterns and textures and brands. Find a way to love your breasts for the way they are naturally because I assure you, once you make that decision it's not sustainable, you risk not liking them, you will need to maintain them and it affects almost everything else you do from bending to lifting to running... you will not be able to workout for weeks. Consult your husband! Rather than spend the money on these procedures, use it to buy a few items and involve him in the process. He may love it and it will boost your self-esteem.

If you do decide to get implants, there is the (slim) possibility of the fluid leaking, implants rupturing (slim), scar tissue preventing them from dropping the right way (falling into the pocket once the swelling goes down, depending on what you want), normal wear and tear and needing replacement or removal, infection, a botched surgery, not liking them once you've recovered, the phase of throwing all of the old stuff out and replacing it with new (which can be exciting for both you and your s/o), but from me to you, and I genuinely mean this, you really need to have a heartfelt conversation with yourself standing in the mirror. Why do you want this? What is motivating you to do it? Please factor in the big picture (life after surgery and how the implants will improve your life)...when you can answer that, you may get the response you need and realize implants are not what you want after all...

Hope this helps!

Old 09-13-2016, 12:49 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
tell your husband how you feel and get his input. then make an appt. with a good doc and get a consultation. that way you will know what they can do for you, how much it will cost and then you can figure out if you want to go for it or not.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:20 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
I used to be a 36B until I had my two children. Between pregnancy, breastfeeding and weight gain I went up to a 38D or DD. They were huge on my petite frame but they sagged like the women you used to see in the National Geographic magazines. I used to complain about them all the time.

I got brand new perky ones however when I was diagnosed with breast cancer 5 years ago. Unfortunately I have no nipples or areolas now just the 3-D tattoo that looks realistic until you get close.

Get a consult if you want or buy some beautiful bras and wear them all the time like Carrie did on Sex and the City. Your breasts served their intended purpose, try to remember that. :-)

Old 09-13-2016, 08:03 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Talk is cheap. Talk to your husband, and talk to a couple of plastic surgeons. Talk to those who have had it done. Take the info and chew on it for awhile.
Your youngest is only a year old, so I think you might be surprised at how your "girls" bounce back after a few years.
As for myself, I would never get unnecessary surgery. You might wind up with health problems, or nerve damage and loss of sensitivity.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Wait a year. Your youngest is only 1. The girls will bounce back.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:32 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,296,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggshellz View Post
How can a woman that young have breasts that supposedly "deflate"? What does that even look like? Saggy breasts are something older women get I thought.
Man. Where have you been?

When I was a kid, I accidentally saw my older sister's pal naked. She had breasts that looked like a little old lady's, and she was a seventeen year old virgin!

OP-

Do what ya want, but plastic baggies stuffed continuously into your chest isn't the greatest idea or look.

Last edited by picklejuice; 09-13-2016 at 10:07 AM..

Old 09-13-2016, 10:05 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,092,135 times
OP; I totally & completely "get you" on this.

Women who experience Macromastia (severe enlargement caused by hormones during pregnancy/breastfeeding) can develop Breast Atrophy which is NOT "just saggy" boobs.

Atrophy is actually destroyed connective tissue within the skin envelope & it looks much different than just a droop.

It will become painful if not corrected. I had it & I had to brace my breasts with one arm through every shower. Left unsupported, even for 5 minutes was extremely uncomfortable. No bra will help either, you have to almost bind your chest to function.

It cannot be corrected with diet or exercise. Additionally; it cannot be corrected with a Mammoplasty (breast lift) as it would result in a pre-puberty flat chest made up of primarily nipple tissue.

The only solution is implants.

If you have only been dealing with it for a year you are lucky as hopefully your libido hasn't been affected.

The brain is very powerful & something happens to you mentally when you don't feel sexy; you start to reject sex & you may not even be aware of WHY.

Nothing anybody says can make it better. In fact after time you start to resent the otherwise well-meaning comments ESPECIALLY from your husband.

He says: "But I love you; your my wife & you turn me on!"

But you HEAR: "But I love you (anyway); your my wife (I'm stuck with/settling for you) & you turn me on (I need to get off)!"

Go see a doctor; you don't have to make your mind up right away & you SHOULDN'T anyway. Just find out what your options are. For that matter; see 3 or 4 ...They typically offer free consultations & then you decide what YOU want. .

Last edited by coschristi; 09-13-2016 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: added stuck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty