Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2008, 12:54 PM

27,335 posts, read 27,387,014 times

Advertisements

We all know there are tons of different types of haircolouring. Semi-permanent, permanent, temporary, etc.
I use to be able to colour my hair and the 'permanent' colour would last for months. Im guessing though, that since I had it bleached to a blonde about 5 years ago, along with probably several peroxide treatments that year to (touch up) it may have done something to affect any type of colouring to stay in for more than a few weeks. Even the more expensive brands dont last, and Ive been warned by the beauty college and 2 other stylists to NEVER use F'eria brand, because it contains metals that if you dye again in the future, you can very likely lose your hair because the chemical reaction would 'fry' it. You would have to wait for your hair to completely grow out before using any other brands.
Any idea how to get dyes to stay for more than a few weeks or are those days over, due to age? Or maybe the companies that make these brands just have gotten 'cheaper' and dont use longer lasting stuff in their dyes? Since the 'blonde' thing, my hair grows pretty fast and has grown out and been trimmed regularly all these years now so I dont think theres any trace of lightening or peroxide left in the ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 01:14 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times
You need to go have your done by a salon...they need to 'fill' your hair before they put color on it...That will help it stay. When you bleach your hair, you are removing ALL color pigment. It is actually transclucent hair...so when you go to color it, it fades right out..You have to add some of those basic colors back into your hair and then color over that...Just go to a salon and have it done...You may have to do it a couple of times professionally before you can start to color again on your own...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty