Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 04:39 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,503,710 times

Advertisements

I like everything except the dorky socks

Old 09-18-2016, 04:52 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
A turtleneck with shorts? Doesn't make sense. Where would you wear this? Are you thinking summer street garb? Or something else? T-necks are for fall/winter, shorts for summer, And short shorts? Bright red? um...well...it depends on what you're advertising. But ok, I guess they're better than bootie shorts.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:08 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post

Anyway, what exactly do you think of this outfit (which is probably my favorite outfit *ever* and an outfit that I certainly want to *frequently* wear after I will sufficiently feminize myself and lose some weight)? :
I do not find the outfit attractive. I wouldn't take the person seriously.

Black sweater--ok
earrings--ok
red lipstick--ok

Everything else--not ok.

A nice red knee length pencil skirt.
Black boots.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The OP is transgendered not a transvestite. He identifies as a woman and is taking steps to change his hormone profile and physical characteristics to match his gender identity. He mentioned hormones and surgery though you don't need either to be trans.
Either way, he is apparently new to exploring female clothes and makeup.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:14 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
He is a transvestite. He is going to get hateful comments no matter how "tastefully" he dresses as a woman.
Yes, this (unfortunately) appears to be correct.

Quote:
I'm going to guess he already knows this and is taking this brave step anyway.
Yes; correct--after I will sufficiently feminize my body and face and lose some weight, that is! After all, things such as consistently shaving my entire body involve way too much effort for me and don't have any permanent effect(s)!

Quote:
I admit I am not exactly in the know but my understanding was that at least sometimes, cross-dressing lends itself to somewhat campier styles, especially within the community.
If so, then this certainly appears to make sense!

Quote:
As a genetic woman I personally would not wear that outfit but for camp, fun, and experimentation I just can't see why not, with maybe a couple of modifications as stated so it's not just solidly red and black.
OK.

Quote:
In saw a show once interviewing transgender people, which the OP is not,
Yes, I am not transgender; however, I probably fit somewhere on a broad trans* spectrum.

Quote:
but I thought this point might fit: the men transitioning to female said they felt like middle schoolers experimenting with makeup and clothes for the first time. Going overboard a bit in the beginning is probably natural but the OP needs to play around with styles and colors to see what really "speaks to" him, IMO.
Completely agreed.

Quote:
And he needs to make his "debut" in a safe accepting place and then gradually work his way more into the public sector until he is very comfortable.
Yes; correct!

Of course, I also certainly don't want to get beaten up by trans-phobes as a result of wearing such an outfit!

Quote:
Good luck, OP!
Thank you very much, JerZ!

Old 09-18-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The OP is transgendered not a transvestite. He identifies as a woman and is taking steps to change his hormone profile and physical characteristics to match his gender identity. He mentioned hormones and surgery though you don't need either to be trans.
Where exactly did I ever say that I am transgender?

Indeed, while I probably fit somewhere on the trans* spectrum and the term "genderqueer" could probably apply to me if it is used in a broad sense, I don't think that I have ever identified as a trans-woman. Of course, if we lived in a transphobia-free (and misogyny-free and aging-free) world and someone gave me the opportunity to alter my brain/mind in order to make it female, I would certainly take this opportunity sooner or later! However, unfortunately we don't live in such a world and, even if we did, we (unfortunately) cannot successfully change one's gender identity with our current technology.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:18 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,002,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Out of curiosity--in your honest opinion, does this woman also look not fashionable? :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pumpki...-dKy4pJ-2yF4Ys
She looks like she is wearing a halloween costume. No, that is not fashionable. If she wore that on the street, she would look ridiculous.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Either way, he is apparently new to exploring female clothes and makeup.
Frankly, it's not so much that I am new to this as much as the fact that something has recently given me a push to more proactively do this.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
I like everything except the dorky socks
Dorky?

Also, what kind(s) of socks aren't "dorky," in your honest opinion?

Old 09-18-2016, 05:20 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,002,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I see plenty of females wearing stuff like the OP has linked in various clubs amd malls. If thats what they want to do then who are we to not let them?
The OP doesn't want to wear the items in the links - he wants to wear them all at the same time.

He asked if it was fashionable. The answer was no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty