Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 03:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
I mean, had they worked out rght from the beginning they would not have become morbidly obese, is n'
t that so? Now naving become morbidly obese they ask WHAT in the hell should I wear, and why am I not allowed to wear Yoga Pants??? Do not start from the end, what you say does not make any sense, and do not put words into my mouth.

It's not only about not working out, it's also about diet, non-sedentary life style, moving around a lot, all that things................Are you saying that morbidly obese people are totally innocent of getting so?
No...you see...some people who work out have NEVER BEEN morbidly obese, period.

In fact, many.

OTOH, no, working out does not prevent obesity. You say that yourself near the end of this angry rant you give.

I don't know who said "now that I'm morbidly obese what should I wear" - I really, really missed something here. Nor are the people shown in the "don't" pictures morbidly obese. They just aren't...where are you getting all this?

The question as I took it was what women should wear when they work out...not what morbidly obese people should wear when they work out. This could be the confusion.

I didn't put words in your mouth. I literally cut and pasted. I really do not understand.

As for your last sentence, that literally has NOTHING, even in the loosest way, to do with wearing yoga pants and you seem really agitated, so...never mind, I guess.

Old 09-28-2016, 03:09 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
no jeans

Oh, yes, I see she is wearing yoga pants of firmer fabric, but no CT visible to me.
THAT is not what one calls a CT, CTs are much more pronounced, if I might say so, they are only really visible on heavier women with very tight pants.

Old 09-28-2016, 03:14 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
SPANDEX - It's a PRIVILEGE, not a RIGHT.

Old 09-28-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This does seem to be saying that you feel the only people who work out, do so because they became morbidly obese.

I'll be honest, if that's not what it means then I don't really understand this sequence. You say you didn't touch on working out but that's exactly what you answered. Question: "What should they wear when they want to workout? A potato sack?" Your answer: "Freeflowing things? I do not know, I never thought about that, because I do not let myself become morbidly obese in the first place."

But if it does mean that only morbidly obese people work out, or need to work out, well...that is OBVIOUSLY not true. I am sure I'm not understanding this correctly...maybe you could explain what you meant. People who work out tend to have better bodies, not worse bodies.
JerZ, please, let it go, I think you are getting into nitpicking!

Do you have to "dissect" each and every post a poster makes into the teeny weeny details?

It's no fun that way!

Think Biiiig!

Old 09-28-2016, 03:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
My thoughts exactly! And their comfortable!!!!!!!
Yup. And cute.

I think of yoga pants as having that little flare near the bottom, though. Am I wrong about that? I thought otherwise, they were leggings.

I guess the idea is the same given they have a percentage of Spandex, are close-fitting and are worn for working out...is that correct?

But yeah, when I think "yoga pants," I think these (note: usage rights, "labeled for reuse"):

Old 09-28-2016, 03:19 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
He asked the question because he wants to know what people think about this issue. Then he posted his opinion, because everybody has an opinion, usually.
What's wrong with that? That's what a forum is for, or no?

About yoga pants, yes or no, I posted my opinion in a former post.
You missed the point completely, carry on.

Old 09-28-2016, 03:43 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I think men need to stop making threads about what women should/shouldn't wear, do with their hair, their bodies, or how old they look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Many articles of clothing will flatter certain builds more than others. People are free to wear what they're comfortable wearing.
What they said.

Old 09-28-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You missed the point completely, carry on.
And how is that? You just make a statement without any explanation?

No, I did not.

I am a "what I see is what I get"person, I rarely read between the lines. Suspecting something sinister in a poster's questions, and drawing wrong, obscure conclusions. But that's just me. Carry on with your "analyses," assumptions and negative conclusions and what not....Carry on while I enjoy my day!

Old 09-28-2016, 03:51 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Yoga pants are more comfortable AND more flattering on me than jeans.

I'm assuming that my BMI of 28 makes yoga pants somewhat of a no-no for me? (I'm 5'10")

On the other hand; I have a waist to hip ratio of .65. The yoga pants won't gap at my waist, I don't need a belt AND they have enough "give" for my (big) butt.

If my appearance offends anybody I suggest they just look away but I'm flattered by the fact that many guys do just the opposite.

Old 09-28-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Yoga pants are more comfortable AND more flattering on me than jeans.

I'm assuming that my BMI of 28 makes yoga pants somewhat of a no-no for me? (I'm 5'10")

On the other hand; I have a waist to hip ratio of .65. The yoga pants won't gap at my waist, I don't need a belt AND they have enough "give" for my (big) butt.

If my appearance offends anybody I suggest they just look away but I'm flattered by the fact that many guys do just the opposite.
With a BMI of 28 you are sightly overweight, so yoga pants are good to go for you!
Combined with your pretty face i bet you are a pleasant sight for all the men, enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty