U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 02:07 PM

11,818 posts, read 7,691,265 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that a lot of black guys also do not have a lot of facial hair.

The most they get is a fuzz but no beard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 02:36 PM

865 posts, read 398,580 times
I can tell you as a 1/2 Asian male - patchy coverage is the reason. If I try to grow a goatee, the mustache doesn't quite attach to the beard. My sideburns are non-existent. There are very few follicles in my cheeks and jawline.

Every so often, I'll grow the mustache out. It's reasonably filled in, but I'll never be confused with Sam Elliot.

Old 09-30-2016, 02:39 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,944,808 times
it also depends on the type of asian, Indian / Pakistani men have lots of facial hair

Japanese men are known to be the most hairy of east asians, they often have full beards, hairy chest, legs.

other east asians dont usually have a hairy chest?

many only have enough to grow on the chin and dont have much on the side of the face or the neck

doesnt grow thick enough to make a nice beard on most men, also has to do with age

some asians dont even shave until over age 35, older asians seem to have the ability to grow more facial hair than the younger ones, age also has something to do with it.

Old 09-30-2016, 02:44 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,278,164 times
While many grow facial far less than other men, plenty still have beards. Remember the presiding judge on the OJ Simpson trial?

Old 09-30-2016, 02:48 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,944,808 times
Default asian Judge with full beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
While many grow facial far less than other men, plenty still have beards. Remember the presiding judge on the OJ Simpson trial?
yes, he's a Japanese American, they tend to have more facial & body hair

Old 09-30-2016, 03:00 PM

10,374 posts, read 7,467,722 times
Hair, no hair, GENETICS.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:11 PM

3,692 posts, read 2,833,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
It varies a lot among people. I am a Caucasian male, with lots of hair on my chest, and as I get older it's also falling off my head and taking root on my shoulders and back. Yet my beard grows very slowly and is kind of patchy.

In general Asian men have less body and facial hair than Caucasians, but there are lots and lots of exceptions in both directions.
Yep. I've watched as this has been happening to my husband over the past few years

Old 09-30-2016, 05:25 PM

38,749 posts, read 37,911,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
It varies a lot among people. I am a Caucasian male, with lots of hair on my chest, and as I get older it's also falling off my head and taking root on my shoulders and back. Yet my beard grows very slowly and is kind of patchy.

In general Asian men have less body and facial hair than Caucasians, but there are lots and lots of exceptions in both directions.

Well, I'm a white dude and I don't have a lot of body hair and I'm actually thankful for that. I can grow a beard if I want and I have a pretty good head of hair. Some people are just who they are. Asians do tend to not have as much body and facial hair. So... why does someone feel the need to start a thread about it. LOL, I mean really? Does having a lot of hair mean somehow that's more masculine? IDK, I'm glad I never got hung up on it. Mrs. Chow has a brother and he's so hairy that his Mexican co-workers used to call him "chango" which I believe means "monkey" LOL.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:39 PM

13,634 posts, read 8,654,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It's true. Asians are just less hairy than Caucasians. Why is that surprising to anybody?
Because there are people who deny the obvious. First off, who are the "Asians?" Japanee have facial hair but Chinese for sure don't. I can't vouch for the rest.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:21 PM

7,625 posts, read 13,983,366 times
I lived in Asia for years and years in Okinawa...I found that the men have next to now leg hair as well....(swimming suits on the beach observation)....I have no idea why, because you seldom, if ever, saw a bald Asian man regardless of age!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty