U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 12:46 AM

2,387 posts, read 430,737 times

Advertisements

Hi!
Recently I thought about a phenomenon of social culture. Increasingly, I
see girls with tatooes. Even teenagers 15-17 y. o.

Maybe I'm conservative, but I think that, historically, tattoos on the body were
the natives of the Pacific Islands and Africa. Then they came in Europe
and use by sailors, criminals and prostitutes. They were set makes it for
a crime as a sign that person has broken the law.

I don't understand why modern people mutilate his body, especially women.
You can tell that there is a "blue disease" - tattoo addiction.
But then, why it's not classified as a mental disorder?
What you think?
Mod cut: copyright violation. Link to content needed

Last edited by Mikala43; 10-01-2016 at 12:25 PM..

Old 10-01-2016, 01:08 AM

2,659 posts, read 1,077,769 times
Yikes

Tattoo's being classified as a mental disorder?

I don't think most people get tattoo's to mutilate their body, I think they get them because they enjoy the artwork.

My ex-girlfriend had a lot of tattoo's and many piercings. When I first met her, she had most of her piercings already but she was only 18 and had no tattoo's yet. She eventually must have gotten 10 tattoo's in the 5+ years we were together. I don't particularly like too many tattoo's on a woman, as far as what I'm attracted to. But I don't have a problem with them either.

And I'm 33 and have no tattoo's. I used to want some, but now it's actually one trait that I really enjoy about myself and find unique. The fact that I have none, even though I was ready to get one when I was about 16. I probably never will get one, just for the fact that it's permanent and I might not like it years down the road. But I'm fine with whatever people are into. Even my mom had one tattoo on her ankle, either the year I was born or the year after. Then she began getting quite a few by the time she was in her late 30's. She's gotten all but one of them in the last 15 years.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:47 AM

1,978 posts, read 2,713,044 times
Tattoos are so common now on the west coast - for men and women - that I feel like a non-conformist for NOT having any. All of my friends and coworkers have one.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:54 AM

6,981 posts, read 4,172,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Hi!

Maybe I'm conservative, but I think that, historically, tattoos on the body were

What you think?
i just thought about this a few days ago and then again tonight, almost every girl i see has a tattoo somewhere, its incredible, can't i find ONE available single girl who hasn't defaced her skin? tattoo's are deal breakers for me, i won't date em or even look at the twice, girls lose at least a point on the looks scale when they stick permanent ink on their skin and nobody thinks otherwise.

Old 10-01-2016, 02:30 AM

8,439 posts, read 4,653,285 times
Many of the women friends in my circle have them.. more than not. Probably because a couple of them work part-time as tattoo artists. The ones that I find work well for them are the ones that have personal/emotional investment and meaning. They can be very attractive body art... even those that are heavily done.

Ones that don't seem to be all nice are the ones that seem to get a bunch of tattoos that don't seem to have any cohesiveness, planning, nor meaning. Kinda reminds me of a caucasian girl I ran into once who had a bunch of chinese characters that she didn't really understand their meaning.

Mental Disorder... um no.... Anything taken to the extreme can be a problem.... but getting a few tattoos.. nah.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:00 AM

1,480 posts, read 837,773 times
I don't have tattoos myself, and am indifferent to whether someone else has them or not. It certainly wouldn't stop me from dating them.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:55 AM

13,227 posts, read 11,754,597 times
I don't have tattoos and I don't like them in general, but it depends on the person. There are some exceptions where I can be attracted to someone with tattoos and even like the tattoos.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:34 AM

6,908 posts, read 3,738,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Hi!

What you think?
I tend to have old thoughts on tattoos also. I strongly dislike them. When people ask me why I don't have one I just say " I don't believe in putting bumper stickers on Ferrari's either."

I have a friend that has tattoos covering her arms. She has big disc things in her ears. At almost 40 she looks ridiculous. She is working on her 3rd college degree because the first two didn't help her land a job. I just want to shake her and tell her to invest in tattoo removal and fixing her ears...if she wants a professional job.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:37 AM

6,908 posts, read 3,738,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Many of the women friends in my circle have them.. more than not. Probably because a couple of them work part-time as tattoo artists. The ones that I find work well for them are the ones that have personal/emotional investment and meaning. They can be very attractive body art... even those that are heavily done.

Ones that don't seem to be all nice are the ones that seem to get a bunch of tattoos that don't seem to have any cohesiveness, planning, nor meaning. Kinda reminds me of a caucasian girl I ran into once who had a bunch of chinese characters that she didn't really understand their meaning.

Mental Disorder... um no.... Anything taken to the extreme can be a problem.... but getting a few tattoos.. nah.
I was at a concert and a young guy maybe 18ish was covered in logos of company's. He had Dodge, John Deere, cat, Cummins, some beer company. I just shook my head and thought he will regret that one day.

Old 10-01-2016, 05:16 AM

13,472 posts, read 9,593,751 times
One day, the nursing homes will be filled with tatted up old ladies and Metallica will be on the overhead.

I don't like tats. Especially on women, but I do like it when people get neck or facial tattoos. Easier to identify them in the lineup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or