U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2016, 10:35 AM

2,344 posts, read 1,127,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
my young granddaughter swears by coconut oil and I should try it too.. is it greasy though.
You don't need much at all and for me it soaks in and does not remain greasy when using only a small amount. The more you apply the greasier it will remain. Try just a little bit on the back of your hands and rub it in good and it will keep your hands moisturized and the greasy feeling goes away once it soaks in.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 11:16 AM

9,125 posts, read 4,569,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivers137 View Post
What are the best creams you know? To revitalize the skin. Make it look younger naturally. Tighten skin? that is 100% Natural
Coconut oil is overrated. So is looking younger I like generic Cetaphil myself. I only use that for dry skin on my face, which is my little reminder of Accutane treatment I had a few years ago. I use Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom scent everywhere else.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Coconut oil is overrated. So is looking younger I like generic Cetaphil myself. I only use that for dry skin on my face, which is my little reminder of Accutane treatment I had a few years ago. I use Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom scent everywhere else.
Not sure how something can be overrated when it has so many different uses and works great for so many people for so many different reasons. If anything it is underrated and underutilized.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:44 PM

945 posts, read 493,826 times
For anyone using the coconut oil...are you using a specific type, or is the same one you would use for cooking too?

I've bought some from Trader Joe's, but wondered abt this...^^^

Old 10-15-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
For anyone using the coconut oil...are you using a specific type, or is the same one you would use for cooking too?

I've bought some from Trader Joe's, but wondered abt this...^^^
I use the 100% Pure LouAna Coconut Oil
LouAna Coconut Oil

It has no coconut aroma or smell. This brand is refined so perhaps try to find an unrefined extra virgin cold-pressed coconut oil for cooking/baking/frying if you want super health benefits. But for a moisturizer, etc it is very economical. This brand works fine for my needs and I do use it for cooking/frying as well as moisturizing. I purchase it in a local grocery store but I am sure you can purchase it at most other grocery stores. I do believe the Walmart SuperCenters carry it also. I pay around $5 - $6 for the 30 oz. but it can run $10 or more at some places. It is in solid form and takes just slight heating to get to liquid form.

Any 100% pure/natural coconut oil will work for moisturizing/healing/cooking/baking. Here are some good reviews on coconut oils:
https://healthycoconutoil.org/louana...ut-oil-review/

Last edited by Corn-fused; 10-15-2016 at 04:07 PM..

Old 10-15-2016, 03:37 PM

9,125 posts, read 4,569,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
Not sure how something can be overrated when it has so many different uses and works great for so many people for so many different reasons. If anything it is underrated and underutilized.
The reason I say coconut oil is overrated is because people claim it cures many more problems and ailments than it actually does. I was advised to use coconut oil in my dog's food to help her joints when she developed arthritis It's useful, but it isn't a miracle cure by any means. I tried it on my face in minuscule qualities and even tiny amounts made my face break out.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:06 PM

12,602 posts, read 10,237,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
What's your "problem" keeping you from looking "younger?"

I have had good success with Boots Botanicals and Ole Hendricksen.
Second for Ole Hendrickson.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:53 AM

2 posts, read 720 times
For glowing and bright skin, one must opt the natural products which includes the nature's ingredients like as a coconut oil, lavender, flower seeds, herbs and many more. these will not only tighten the skin, but make it even acne free.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:16 PM

9,503 posts, read 8,440,295 times
You will do best with something that science has formulated, unfortunately. As I have posted before several times, I recommend CeraVe cream, both the a.m. and p.m. formulations, and their eye cream. I also have used ROC extra sensitive Retonol cream. For cleaning, I use CeraVe's moisturings cleanser.

I do think products like this work better on the skin than a "natural" substance, which can prove allergenic. You need the hyaluronic acid for instance. Or the retinol, although finding a product with very much of the retinol is hard and if you do, it will be pricey.

Whatever product you use, do moisturize daily, without fail, especially if you tend to have drier skin. Moisturize over a damp face, whenever possible. This is major. Do this and you should have better skin in general.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:53 PM

13,066 posts, read 12,515,851 times
Olive oil. And I also make something to use in winter that has olive oil in it along with lanolin, shea butter, and a few other things. But then I got lazy and bought something similar to what I've been making.

I just started on this:
Unscented | The Out of Africa website features skin care products made from pure and unrefined shea butter purchased from several women

I bought it in the health food store because I needed something----fast. Now I see that it would have been much cheaper online. UNscented and it feels so luxurious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty