Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 04:30 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,982,226 times

Advertisements

Yep. I noticed this too while at my favorite MAC counter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 05:42 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
The made-up look reminds me of the very early 60's, that went with the swept up "petals" hairdo......Then the next decade gave way to the "no make up" hair long and blowing in the wind hippie look. Fads come and go....This too shall pass.
That's true. And people wore lots of makeup in the 80s too - with lots of garish eyeshadows, coloured eyeliners and mascaras, and loads of blusher all over the face! That all went away eventually. Everything is a fad, like you said.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:47 PM

515 posts, read 624,224 times
Caked on makeup signals to men that your comfortable with being grabbed in the p.

What? Too soon??

Old 10-15-2016, 10:29 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
only if its a nice chiffon cake

I think I'll smather some Double Chocolate Cake on my face next time I am out shopping.

What does it matter? After enduring the Black Goth Makeup and the days of Cyndi Lauper Makeup ,Nothing much surprises me in what people put on their faces....Never mind the Quarter Size Holes they have on their earlobes....

I still think a smile is the best when dressing up the face.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:24 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
I think the current look is an evolution of the Bratz dolls looks they grew up with.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:50 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
I work for a cosmetic company that is a cult favorite among the teens/twenties demographic. They love their makeup and can get away with the dramatic cat-eyes and overdrawn lips, if done correctly. Contouring and highlighting is a big deal now, too.

Like anything else, some makeup is done well; others are still learning. There are lots of you-tube videos online that give tutorials on how to contour, do a decent cat-eye, line lips, do a "on fleek" brow, etc. Not everyone in their teens and early 20s is a natural makeup artist and has the knowledge of how to play up their best features. That comes with time.

As far a criticizing the current trend in makeup.....I remember the drawn-on lower lashes of the Twiggy days and awful white lipstick. Makeup trends come and go. If the current trend isn't for you, just don't follow it.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:58 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Caked on makeup signals to men that your comfortable with being grabbed in the p.

What? Too soon??
nothing should tell men that any womans comfortable with being grabbed anywhere..

Old 10-16-2016, 09:38 AM

120 posts, read 116,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
I'm 32, and use a moderate amount of makeup, but my freckles still show.

Yesterday, I went tothat "biggest mall in North America" and couldn't believe how hideous the makeup was on so many late teen/early 20s women. These girls had unblended contouring, half an inch thick one color foundation, eyelashes stuck together in chunks, wtf??? They all looked like bad copies of YouTube videos.

What a shame, they probably would have looked gorgeous without anything, at that age. Boy I'm glad I learned from mom before the internet.
I happen to hate makeup on women except for eye makeup for the very reason you seem to use it. It covers my favorite female asset, Freckles!

Old 10-16-2016, 10:52 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooterdunk View Post
I happen to hate makeup on women except for eye makeup for the very reason you seem to use it. It covers my favorite female asset, Freckles!
You'll be pleased to know painting on fake freckles is now a thing. I don't care for it, but apparently some do.

As a natural redhead, I hated my freckles with a passion.....as I got older, they faded away. Didn't realize anyone thought they were an asset.

How to fake freckles: The beauty trend that's all about spots - TODAY.com

Old 10-20-2016, 10:19 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Makeup is like perfume, most people think they wear the "right" amount. Meanwhile many others think they wear too much.

Eh, whatever.
I somewhat agree. Unless they have friends who are real with them, they wouldn't know how much is too much whether makeup or perfume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty