U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2016, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Reputation: 25975

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
OP back.

Never heard of Corso Como, I don't think, thanks. Sofft, I have a couple of them too. They're pretty good.

I've always wondered how Lucky brand was. I've heard of rag & bone...really pricey, but maybe I'll try them too.
The outlet prices of rag and bone put them a little bit more than nicer boots! I got my pair for $220 and they were much much much more nicely made than things at that price point! They should last a really really long time! Sign up for one of those services that tells you when an item or brand hits price X like Shoptagr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2016, 05:54 PM
 
Location: San Bernardino County (previously L.A.)
4,482 posts, read 7,532,531 times
Reputation: 3867
OPback.

jade408, oh wow, thanks for telling me about Shoptagr...never knew about it, but I looked it up & there's a youtuber who made a video about how it works, so you can get the best price for what you want. Where has this been for the last several yrs?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2016, 09:00 AM
 
1,012 posts, read 947,343 times
Reputation: 2055
Why do you keep saying "OP Back"?
There's a blue bar on your posts that says "Original Poster" when you post.
Save yourself the keystrokes!!

I love Borns, and I have one pair of Keens that are super comfy, but for walking the dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2016, 10:25 AM
 
109 posts, read 56,641 times
Reputation: 283
Jade408, thank you for letting us know about Shoptagr. I'm now signed up.

TheotherMarie - I've heard good things about Keens but have never purchased them. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2016, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,221 posts, read 709,963 times
Reputation: 1008
I have a pair of suede Edelman OTN boots...super comfy and I love them. I've worn them for 12 hours--my toes were slightly pinched, but no pain or anything like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2016, 04:34 PM
 
Location: San Bernardino County (previously L.A.)
4,482 posts, read 7,532,531 times
Reputation: 3867
I'm not getting any more of this brand, I'm afraid. Again, I ended up returning some cute sandals I wish were a LOT more comfy & the others were just goog enough to keep if I put insoles in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2016, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Wonderland
40,885 posts, read 32,642,286 times
Reputation: 57020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Yeah, I don't care for Nine West or Aldo either, those are too uncomfy/cheap for me. I used to wear them when I was younger & before my severe ankle injury (Achilles tendon rupture). Even Aerosoles aren't the comfiest. I view them at the cheapest of the comfort brands.

greenjuice, great! I bought these Borns lately in that light grey color: Born Kerri in Cenere - Born Womens Boots on Bornshoes.com
I tore up both my Achilles tendons and had to have reconstructive surgery on both of them - yeah, no fun. I feel your pain.

Anyway, due to that unexpected wrinkle in my life, I discovered Born shoes - and now nearly every pair in my closet is either Born, Ecco, or Dansko. I have a few Keens and one pair of Merrills, but even the Merrills aren't quite what I like after being in mostly Borns for several years. Born boots ROCK.

I am sad to hear about the Sam Edelman boots though because I just found a cute pair on eBay and they are on their way. Dang it. Wish I'd read this thread first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2016, 07:19 PM
 
109 posts, read 56,641 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Born boots ROCK.

I am sad to hear about the Sam Edelman boots though because I just found a cute pair on eBay and they are on their way. Dang it. Wish I'd read this thread first.
Born boots are indeed quite comfy.

As for the Edelman boots you just bought - perhaps you can put cushioned inserts in them? Hopefully they won't be too much of a disappointment for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2016, 08:00 PM
 
Location: San Bernardino County (previously L.A.)
4,482 posts, read 7,532,531 times
Reputation: 3867
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I tore up both my Achilles tendons and had to have reconstructive surgery on both of them - yeah, no fun. I feel your pain.

Anyway, due to that unexpected wrinkle in my life, I discovered Born shoes - and now nearly every pair in my closet is either Born, Ecco, or Dansko. I have a few Keens and one pair of Merrills, but even the Merrills aren't quite what I like after being in mostly Borns for several years. Born boots ROCK.

I am sad to hear about the Sam Edelman boots though because I just found a cute pair on eBay and they are on their way. Dang it. Wish I'd read this thread first.
My gosh, BOTH of your Achilles! (The curiosity's killing me, how did you injure both if I may ask? You can PM me if you don't mind answering.)

Ecco - No exp w/ Ecco here, but they just opened an Ecco store in my area that I've been wanting to check out.

Dansko - I have 1 pair of their clogs I got about several yrs ago, but I don't wear them much...they're heavy & inflexible. Are their other styles more flexible & lightweight because if so, I'd try another pair?

Teva - I have a couple pairs of their sandals & they're great!

Merrill - I kinda like, but you're right, I think there's something about them that aren't quite right at times.

I have almost $300 in store credit at this shoe store carrying a lot of these European comfort brands. I need to use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2016, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
40,885 posts, read 32,642,286 times
Reputation: 57020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
My gosh, BOTH of your Achilles! (The curiosity's killing me, how did you injure both if I may ask? You can PM me if you don't mind answering.)

Ecco - No exp w/ Ecco here, but they just opened an Ecco store in my area that I've been wanting to check out.

Dansko - I have 1 pair of their clogs I got about several yrs ago, but I don't wear them much...they're heavy & inflexible. Are their other styles more flexible & lightweight because if so, I'd try another pair?

Teva - I have a couple pairs of their sandals & they're great!

Merrill - I kinda like, but you're right, I think there's something about them that aren't quite right at times.

I have almost $300 in store credit at this shoe store carrying a lot of these European comfort brands. I need to use it.
LOL yes, BOTH my Achilles tendons. Actually what happened is that I had one of those supposedly "rare" side effects from taking a very common antibiotic - Cipro - and it caused both my Achilles tendons to disintegrate. Yeah. No fun. I couldn't believe it. But hey, I have matching scars that are pretty cool on the back of both my ankles.

I think you will like Ecco.

Dansko - yes, some of their shoes are not as heavy as the clogs. I have a pair of black ones that are sort of a cross between loafers and athletic shoes - they sound awful but they're actually really cute. They are cloth with rubber soles and they're not as heavy.

Teva - I need to try those out for sandals!

Merrill - very disappointed in the Merrills I bought - and they had such good reviews that I bought two pairs, thinking maybe it was just me - but no, they're not as comfortable as Born so I quit buying them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top