U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 07:56 PM

2,688 posts, read 3,895,986 times

Advertisements

Last year I got a deal on 'Snow Angel' body wash and I loved it. Recently Philosophy had a sale with free extras and I got the Pure Grace body wash. It is very nice - smells clean but the smell doesn't last to me. I also ordered the Fresh Cream body wash and am hoping I will like it.

The body washes lather well and they don't dry out my skin. Keep an eye out for a good deal - not sure I would pay full price for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 11:00 PM

35,827 posts, read 39,473,952 times
The Grace fragrances and associated products are not heavily scented, and the scent does fade fairly quickly.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:54 AM

697 posts, read 1,331,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
The Grace fragrances and associated products are not heavily scented, and the scent does fade fairly quickly.
Before Coty purchased Philosophy, the scents were long lasting. Sadly, not so much now. Layering the scented products helps.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:27 PM

1,221 posts, read 714,119 times
I use two of their moisturizers, and mix them in with Peter Thomas Roth Products--my skin has been awesome, since I've been doing this.

Their Renewed Hope in A Jar with SPF is my daytime and the Renewed Hope in A Jar Nightime cream are my go-tos. One of my friends was visiting and she had forgotten her moisturizer and fell in love with mine.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:32 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,068,884 times
Just bought Purity body, I already like it. I found this at Marshall's it was $20 for the 32oz. They didn't have a large selection of Philosophy products, however, I liked what they had. They probably only get a small amount of this line in at a time and it sells quickly.

This makes a really nice gift for the hard to buy for person.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:59 AM

14,546 posts, read 11,538,039 times
Ive had a look at whats in this brand..at first it seems ok but break some of these down for yourselves and be careful what products you trust. methylparaben sets off alarm bells for me , no thank you. ingredients:
Water, disodium lauroamphodiacetate, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, coco-glucoside, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, geranium maculatum oil, guaiacum officinale, cymbopogon martini oil, rosa damascena extract, amyris balsamifera bark oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil, salvia officinalis (sage) oil, cinnamomum cassia leaf oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, piper nigrum (black pepper) seed extract, sodium trideceth sulfate, hexylene glycol, cocos nucifera (coconut) alcohol, polysorbate 20, glycerin, carbomer, triethanolamine, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fd&c yellow no.5 These ingredients should be banned with what is now known about them http://www.safecosmetics.org/get-the...cern/parabens/

Old 11-17-2016, 05:51 PM

316 posts, read 177,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Ive been using the Amazing Grace lotion for years. In fact, quit wearing any other lotions/perfumes two years ago and stick to only this one. I've always gotten tons of compliments on the scent. I work 12 hour shifts and am always surprised when people comment how nice I smell near the end of my day!

Old 11-18-2016, 04:04 AM

This product like others here have DIAZOLIDINYL UREA (Formaldehyde) a list of companies that use this

* Moisturel Therapeutic Cream
* ShiKai Borage Dry Skin Therapy Natural Formula Children's Lotion
* AFA Advanced Treatment Body Lotion
* Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Combination Skin
* Physicians Formula Extra Rich Rehydrating Moisturizer
* Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Lotion
* Keri Basic Essentials Hypoallergenic Lotion, Fragrance Free
* Lubriderm Intense Skin Repair Body Lotion
* Nutraderm Therapeutic Lotion
* Pur Minerals Mineral Moisture Complex Anti-Aging Powerhouse
* Tree Hut Brazillian Nut Shea Body Butter
* Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil
* Neutrogena Body Lotion
* Organix Healing Calming Body Lotion
* philosophy amazing grace perfumed firming body emulsion
* Authentic Skin Remedies Quench Nourishing Body Balm
* Caswell-Massey Sandalwood Lotion
* Fruit of the Earth Gentle Healing Vitamin E Skin Care Lotion
* Gold Bond Ultimate Daily Moisturizing with Vitamin E take a look and like me you thought some were harmless or at best full of good things,,,, not Im afraid, Now because I have an illness to perfumed products, I would have gone for the Keri as its fragrance free, but its not the fragrance, its synthetic fragrances and what they contain thats the problem. Please check out what your putting on your body. I have been looking for unperfumed products for years now and found that I still felt ill when I used them not knowing why... now I do and avoid them. How these things get passed by regulators is beyond me.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:22 PM

10,270 posts, read 14,133,241 times
^^^ most likely the same way most all of our prescription drugs are made in Asia or India.

Shame on the FDA.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
^^^ most likely the same way most all of our prescription drugs are made in Asia or India.

Shame on the FDA.
Shame is too mild a word, its criminal what their letting through for us to plaster on our faces, without knowledge of the contents, I spoke to a friend in Scotland whos brother is a well known scientist in Australia and I asked her to ask him about formaldehyde in household cleaning products and in some makeups and face creams, She came back with this answer. Bob my brother says that they amount of formaldehyde and other ingredients in creams and washing up liquid etc is so minimal that they cant possibly harm us..... and she ended, And dont forget hes a cosmetic firm scientist,,, I laughed and said to her,,, Oh is that so, then why are my eyes affected so badly , I take headaches and feel sick with some makeup and creams Ive used over the years not to mention household cleaning stuff......She said....Oh thats just you, although my lips break out and burn with Revlon lipstick, but my brother said its not a real burn and will heal , not to worry....... I hope your all laughing, at Prof, Crackpot. and his even dafter sister taking this in...this is the type of people who are making some of this junk for companies with fancy packaging and even fancier prices... for us to cause harm to ourselves. Another scientist had the cheek to say that creams dont get ingested into our bodies and only sit on top of our skin, what a silly comment from a silly man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty