U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you botox-ed? When?
No, I haven't used botox before. 34 66.67%
Under 25 0 0%
Age 25-30 0 0%
Age 30- 40 2 3.92%
Age 40 - 50 9 17.65%
Age 50 - 60 5 9.80%
Over 60 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 09:03 AM

573 posts, read 654,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
but does it stop the wrinkles forming or do you have to continue or whatever.
If you stop doing it, the lines come back. Botoxing them preemptively will slow down their formation if you keep it up, but if you stop everything reverts back to the way it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 02:55 PM

5,119 posts, read 12,713,147 times
Botox only works for a short time...a couple months at most...then you have to do it again....it can get quite expensive! I did it once...but it only lasted a tad over 2 months...and the price isn't worth it....to me! All it's doing is stopping the muscles that cause those lines to form.....it paralyzes them for a short time. The lines and wrinkles are still there...just not showing because those muscles aren't contracting!

I figure, instead of spending all that money on temporary "fixes"...I'll just wait until I need a whole face lift, and do that....that is really the only big fix.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:28 PM

23,903 posts, read 31,123,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I didn't realize it was so accepted and mainstream....

do they have botox nurses that will come to your house?
It's not.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:15 PM

3,098 posts, read 1,464,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

do they have botox nurses that will come to your house?
Well, the Real Housewives of New Jersey would have botox parties where someone would come to the house and do them.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:21 PM

5,190 posts, read 3,783,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Botox only works for a short time...a couple months at most...then you have to do it again....it can get quite expensive! I did it once...but it only lasted a tad over 2 months...and the price isn't worth it....to me! All it's doing is stopping the muscles that cause those lines to form.....it paralyzes them for a short time. The lines and wrinkles are still there...just not showing because those muscles aren't contracting!

I figure, instead of spending all that money on temporary "fixes"...I'll just wait until I need a whole face lift, and do that....that is really the only big fix.

How much is everyone paying? I heard around $200/ $250 per shot.

Does one shot do it - to the forehead, for example?

Old 10-31-2016, 07:35 PM

2,700 posts, read 5,151,595 times
I've done Botox and Xeomin in the lines between my brows. The nurse who does it is really good, and she always manages to give my eyebrows a nice arch, too. Even though we're targeting "the 11s," it smooths out the horizontal lines in my forehead. For me, it's a 3-6 months fix, and the effect on the forehead lines is long lasting.

I think I like the Xeomin better. It takes longer to "fix" -- about 4-7 days post injection. I can't really say if it lasts longer or not as long. Maybe about the same. But in my mind, the Xeomin is "gentler."

Old 10-31-2016, 08:30 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,962,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

I pay per unit and average $875-900 a visit. I think I get around 50-55 units and I receive Allergan discounts (although they're minimal considering the total cost.) The MD does my forehead, crowsfeet and around my lips.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:32 PM

5,190 posts, read 3,783,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I pay per unit and average $875-900 a visit. I think I get around 50-55 units and I receive Allergan discounts (although they're minimal considering the total cost.) The MD does my forehead, crowsfeet and around my lips.

Thanks for answering my questions...I think lol.

No wonder it's for the rich!

Old 11-01-2016, 11:23 AM

15,736 posts, read 11,738,008 times
First time when I just turned 39 (one year ago). They did my whole face with Dysport which is similar to Botox.

I needed it only for the forehead but I thought I try it out for the whole face once to see how it is. Found it a waste on all other areas - didn't see a difference. I don't have crows feets yet anyway.

So decided to go there twice a year from now on. It only lasts about 4 months but oh well. My forehead costs $350 and it is a HUGE improvement.

I no longer have a bitchy resting face. I had those stubborn two wrinkles in between my eyebrows since I was a teen and as soon as I dont smile, or when I concentrate, or the sun is shining .... it is automatically there and makes me look angry. It causes other people to think I am mad or unhappy and they start defending themselves or like my bf - get mad at me, thinking I have a problem.

No more.

According to my dermatologist, many people start in their 20s. I find that a bit insane.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:27 AM

15,736 posts, read 11,738,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

No, you pay per unit or per area.

If you pay per area, you gotta watch that they put enough in ...
If you pay per unit, make sure they don't put too much in to make more money ...

I guess it takes a few time going there to figure out how much you need. Every person is different.

No, one shot isn't enough for the forehead. It is several since it is a big area. I am not sure but I think it doesn't spread more than half an inch around it - otherwise your eyes might get numb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or