U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you botox-ed? When?
No, I haven't used botox before. 34 66.67%
Under 25 0 0%
Age 25-30 0 0%
Age 30- 40 2 3.92%
Age 40 - 50 9 17.65%
Age 50 - 60 5 9.80%
Over 60 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:33 AM

15,736 posts, read 11,744,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Do they do just the area between the eyebrows without the entire forehead?
Since I pay for the whole forehead, I get it all over the forehead. The regular forehead wrinkles dont bother me that much though because they dont make me look angry.

But of course you can say you just want it in between the eyebrows. If you pay by unit and not by area, I would guess it is pretty cheap to fix that little spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 11:22 AM

2,604 posts, read 1,111,397 times
Not to be a downer, but it didn't work for me. I had it done several times (in my 40's) by a plastic surgeon---$400 for the forehead. I had such frown lines people thought I was mad all the time. It had no impact on them and I could still frown. I even had surgery to remove the "frown muscles". I forget what its called right now but it cost $6,000 and STILL did not work. Pretty frustrating. But I'm glad to see it works for others...

I'm frowning right now!

OP I think you asked if liposuction left scars, in another thread. No. I've had a lot.
And FYI, that DOES work. As does a face-lift.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:26 AM

15,736 posts, read 11,744,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Not to be a downer, but it didn't work for me. I had it done several times (in my 40's) by a plastic surgeon---$400 for the forehead. I had such frown lines people thought I was mad all the time. It had no impact on them and I could still frown. I even had surgery to remove the "frown muscles". I forget what its called right now but it cost $6,000 and STILL did not work. Pretty frustrating. But I'm glad to see it works for others...

I'm frowning right now!

OP I think you asked if liposuction left scars, in another thread. No. I've had a lot.
And FYI, that DOES work. As does a face-lift.
Some people are resistant to botox. Did you try Dysport? Thats almost the same.

I asked my dermatologist if they can just cut the nerves of the frown lines in between the eyebrowes and he said NO.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:31 PM

2,604 posts, read 1,111,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

I asked my dermatologist if they can just cut the nerves of the frown lines in between the eyebrowes and he said NO.

Well, I had it done. I guess the nerve/muscle grew back

Frown Line Reduction Corrugator Removal Toronto Markham

Not at this place but you can find info online.

I guess I was resistant to Botox. At the time, I didn't know there were other options....

Old 11-20-2016, 11:05 AM

15,228 posts, read 23,749,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

there are tiny blood vessels in between the eyes, my dermotologist wont even do that much filler there for me, so he lightly does botox, but being a man, we have deeper lines..
But im ok with it, it takes it away just enough where you still look natural, and not like a plastic mannaquin.

my determologist siad that doing to much filler and botox inbetween the eys in some cases caused blindness because of the tiny blood vessels that run thru there.

that was enough for me, so he just does it lightly there to take the edge away.

again, sight is more important than wrinkles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or