Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 08:45 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times

Advertisements

These days, Amazon.

I know my measurements, and so far have always gotten the right size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 09:49 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,132,037 times
I have bought online for years, but am doing even more of that now.

Lands End
LL Bean
Duluth Trading Co.
Zappos for shoes, almost exclusively now
Costco for "trail" socks
Kohls for underwear and sleepwear and other occasional purchases (I find Kohl's clothes to have quality issues, but sometimes I have found things there.)
Dress Barn because it is convenient, and sometimes I am desperate. But their clothes aren't really my style.
I have a couple of coats I got from Marshalls, but I have not had luck finding things in the TJ Maxx in this area. The coats are several years old.
I have a couple of coats that I purchased from Dillards several years ago. There is no Dillards where I live now.

I occasionally buy from Christopher & Banks, but I feel their stuff is a little too cutesy, and the quality isn't that great.

I used to buy from Chicos, but there isn't one close to where I live now. I might try to do online ordering some time.

I've also started buying from Goodwill. I've had decent luck doing that.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:17 PM

277 posts, read 327,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I was wondering, if there are any particular places you buy most of your clothing, where would they be?

For shirts, since I buy a lot of IZOD, I mostly buy from Macy's and JCPenney, with occasional purchases from Amazon and Belk.com (no Belk stores in Arizona). I know Kohl's also carries IZOD, but they never seem to stock them in my signature color, not even online (although I know own the Advantage Polo in seven different colors).

For pants, I mostly buy Arizona jeans from JCPenney.
IZOD whenever possible. Their sizes run a bit large and I really need that. A XXXL is exactly what the label says it is.

But I try to find the brand at Marshals or other such stores with reduced pricing. I even buy on eBay if I can find it. So many brands have no idea what the heck a XXXL shirt is!

Old 11-01-2016, 10:22 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Hmm. I generally prefer shopping in person.

I go in waves. Sometimes I have a really trendy mood. Other times I go back to my traditional style.

I am just going to think about where I purchased the most recent things I have got:

Target - dresses, cardigans, ribbed tank tops
Old Navy - dresses, cardigans, workout clothing
Forever 21 - dresses, t-shirts, trendy stuff jeans (oddly, some of the best fitting jeans I have picked up in years came from here)
ASOS - dresses, trendy items
Macy's - dresses, nicer work wear
Nordstrom - blazers, nicer work wear shoes
Nordstrom Rack - shoes, accessories

ASOS generally fits me really well, so I like to get dresses from there.

This year, I have been trying to get some more nicer staples. Not doing a great job so far But I have picked up some nice shoes at a local boutique. They have horrible clothes, but really cool shoes. I got a pair of unique oxfords early in the fall, and they manage to make a boring outfit more interesting. And they are decently comfy - but in a few months I might want a little padding. A pair of booties I had been coveting since July went on sale, so I got those this weekend. Spendy but should last a long time. And are super standout but practical for my lifestyle.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:51 PM

23,206 posts, read 29,014,764 times
I haven't bought any new clothes or shoes in decades, as I have other priorities with my hard-earned money. So:

Savers, Goodwill, Deseret, Swap Meets, Salvation Army, which I deceptively pronounce, with a Spanish twist: Sahl-Vah-See-Yon Ahr-Mee!

Old 11-01-2016, 10:58 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,504,102 times
I don't buy much. Old Navy (because it's across the street), Fred Meyer, Ross, Marshall's, Kohl's, Costco. Honestly, it's been a few years (2-5 years) for the last 4 places. But I do like Fred Meyer and Old Navy. Oh, I did get a dress from Dress Barn last year.

I rarely buy any new clothes, and I pretty much only buy clearance or sale items.

Old 11-02-2016, 02:09 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,939,609 times
eBay and......eBay.

Old 11-02-2016, 02:49 AM

24,094 posts, read 32,431,870 times
I am a petite so I buy at petite friendly stores. It's not about the length. I have a high waist and long legs. It's about the arm holes, the bodice and the neckline.

For moderately priced clothes, I buy staples at Chadwicks. Black sheaths, simple skits, twin set sweaters, other sweaters.

I have gently used thrift stores in my area such as Uptown Cheapskate and The Clothes Mentor where I have literally bought brand new shoes, purses and other clothes for a fraction of their price.

JC Penny is pretty good for staples. And they have a lot of petites. Target is also a good lower priced source.

I splurge on jeans because I am a stickler for fit.

TJ Maxx is an obsession. I nearly always find something cool there.

Anthropology for when I am in the mood to splurge. LLBean for clothes that last.

Old 11-02-2016, 03:19 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,536,651 times
Amazon! I trust the reviews for comfort, sizing and quality. The reviews are usually correct.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:33 AM

11,583 posts, read 6,728,060 times
For me and hubby:

Kohls
Target
Meijer
JcPenney

For kids:

Justice, Target, Walmart, Meijer, JcPenney, EBay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty