Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 02:00 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
And for everyone here, you should definitely look at eShakti. They have customizable clothing that is surprisingly affordable. You can get them to adjust basically anything for an extra $10-15. Longer, shorter, take in the waist, let out the bust, change the sleeves....

Women's Fashion Clothing 0-36W and Custom
OMG. I think you just changed my life!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 10:56 PM

219 posts, read 162,880 times
I don't know about long torsos but well endowed I typically wear a tank top under low cut blouses.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:06 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
And for everyone here, you should definitely look at eShakti. They have customizable clothing that is surprisingly affordable. You can get them to adjust basically anything for an extra $10-15. Longer, shorter, take in the waist, let out the bust, change the sleeves....

Women's Fashion Clothing 0-36W and Custom
I bought my first eShakti dress a few weeks ago and I love it. The only customization I did was take the hem up from "below the knee" to "knee-length." I stuck with the rest of the original design and went with the standard sizing. I've worn the dress twice and have gotten compliments both times, and it flatters my hourglass figure.

This is the dress I bought. Women's Fashion Clothing 0-36W and Custom I was a first-time shopper, so I got a $30-off coupon and free customization. (I've noticed that they send you LOTS of coupons. If you use one to buy a dress, another one magically appears in your email. Clearly, they want to keep you coming back for more. TIP: Don't wait! I think the way the place operates is that they get a lot of cloth, and they mock up a few different design styles in the cloth. The dresses are not made until the order is placed, and once the cloth is gone, that's it. So there is rapid turnover in the inventory. If you see something you really like, don't expect it to be there in a few weeks.)

Dress works great either dressed up with nice shoes and jewelry, or dressed down with tall boots and a denim jacket. The material was not quite what I was expecting. It turned out to be a sort of very heavy-weight tee-shirt material, but it hangs nicely and looks nice.

I now have three more eShakti dresses on order. They're supposed to arrive at the end of the week. Can't wait to get them!

I definitely recommend eShakti!

Old 11-07-2016, 09:44 PM

594 posts, read 698,211 times
I'm well endowed, so when I go to the restroom sometime I have to use 2 hands to pull it out....

Old 11-07-2016, 10:26 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieLyons View Post
I don't know about long torsos but well endowed I typically wear a tank top under low cut blouses.
Or blouses, tshirts, cardigans, sweaters...anything ending up too short in front I love the high neck blouse-y or tshirt tanks from Old Navy to wear underneath, tunic length. I have like 10. My staple winter wear is sweater or cardigan w/tank under, ponte skirt or pants, tights, leggings, boots or flats.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:53 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I think I'm pretty short-waisted and long-legged. When I was pregnant, I went up two cup sizes to a D. I hated the way tops fit! It was so hard to find things that felt and looked good. Everything felt too small. I feel like sweaters and shirts are barely long enough as it is, I can't imagine regularly being a D cup (or larger) or having a longer torso than I do. I do have a broad chest and shoulders (my band size, for example, is hard to find because it's long), so maybe that's what's using up the room in my shirt

Because my legs are long, I need "long" sizes in pants. Is there an equivalent for shirts? What do those of you with long torsos or big chests (or BOTH!) do?? Just curious

You can find companies that sell "tall" size shirts. You just have to look for them.

On another thread, I recommended JCPenney, because I buy a "ST" (small tall) shirts from them. I also like them because they always have coupons and sales so stuff ends up being pretty cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty