U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 01:50 PM

886 posts, read 355,681 times

Advertisements

Sunday Drive, I didn't mean that no older person can ever wear minis or bikinis. There are actually some people over 50, over 60, & even over 70 who still have a sexy look. For example, Tina Turner can still rock a mini skirt and she still has legs to die for even now as a senior citizen.

And there are some other people who have lived such an active, healthy lifestyle that they look better as seniors than some folks who are in their 30s & 40s.

I just meant that not all clothes are for everyone. While there are some seniors who are the exception and can pass for much younger, there are also many whose miniskirt & bikini days are behind them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 02:58 PM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckWife518 View Post
Sunday Drive, I didn't mean that no older person can ever wear minis or bikinis. There are actually some people over 50, over 60, & even over 70 who still have a sexy look. For example, Tina Turner can still rock a mini skirt and she still has legs to die for even now as a senior citizen.

And there are some other people who have lived such an active, healthy lifestyle that they look better as seniors than some folks who are in their 30s & 40s.

I just meant that not all clothes are for everyone. While there are some seniors who are the exception and can pass for much younger, there are also many whose miniskirt & bikini days are behind them.
I feel people should wear what they want to wear. If an 80 year old woman wants to wear a mini skirt or bikini, why not?

Old 11-03-2016, 03:22 PM

886 posts, read 355,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
I'm 54 and wear jeans quite often. Same for hubby, who is 9 years older. If someone doesn't like it, they can look away. Which is what I do when I see all the 20-somethings wearing low rise jeans with huge muffin tops.
I hear you about the youngsters with sagging jeans. Ugh! I'd rather see seniors in jeans than youngsters in sagging jeans exposing their underwear (clean or dirty) & butt cracks.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Status: "happy again, no longer catless! t...." (set 4 days ago)

14,421 posts, read 16,677,475 times
I'll be 65 this next year. I get the hiphugger style from the teen sizes, just a larger size. They have a little stretch too. I have several other pairs which are more 'mature' styles, but still with a low waist. I wear my jeans until the seems come open, and when the knees are shot, I cut them off and make them shorts. I actually think they have more character when they start to look well loved.

I like matching vests too. I'm considering a furry lined one for winter. Unsuprisingly, my wardrobe may include one standard sort of dress. Oh, and I wear knee high boots with everything.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:47 PM

3,844 posts, read 5,103,670 times
Thanks heavens! This article is just in time. Imma go order my Mrs. Roper muumuus and gobstopper beads right now!

Old 11-03-2016, 06:13 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,505,539 times
My Mom will be 86 next month and still wears "jeans".
OK well, they're blue denim and have full elastic waistband so they're easier to pull up and down in those potty emergencies - but they LOOK like jeans!

Old 11-03-2016, 06:46 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,605,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
I'm 54 and wear jeans quite often. Same for hubby, who is 9 years older. If someone doesn't like it, they can look away. Which is what I do when I see all the 20-somethings wearing low rise jeans with huge muffin tops.
Hey, that's an idea! I bet if all the older people start walking around with their butt cracks showing, the kids would stop doing it because it wouldn't be cool anymore!!

Old 11-03-2016, 07:39 PM

25,322 posts, read 24,133,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Hey, that's an idea! I bet if all the older people start walking around with their butt cracks showing, the kids would stop doing it because it wouldn't be cool anymore!!
This is genius.

Let's do it.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:32 PM

1,864 posts, read 1,740,329 times
Okay... so what do you think my 70 and 80 year old friends should be wearing when they go horseback riding? Jeans is pretty much the garment of choice for trail riding.

I think people need to stop trying to tell other people what they should wear and when.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:08 PM

25,322 posts, read 24,133,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Thanks heavens! This article is just in time. Imma go order my Mrs. Roper muumuus and gobstopper beads right now!
Wanna borrow one of mine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or