U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 10:53 AM

4,244 posts, read 3,040,353 times

Advertisements

I am not a gourmand perfume lover, so I've come here for help.

I need to buy a fragrance set for an 18 yo girl who loves the warm/baked goods/vanilla/marshmallow types of scents. The problem is that I can't stand them, and cannot decide which would be a good choice. Other perfume sites I've checked out seem to be without overwhelming favorites for this category.

A salesperson at B&BW is recommending Cashmere Glow or Warm Vanilla Sugar. What do you think? I want something that is popular with college-aged girls, and will last for at least a few hours on her. Any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 11:03 AM

20,426 posts, read 35,813,447 times
Can you just give her the B&BW gift card and she can select her favorite?

Old 11-07-2016, 11:19 AM

26,897 posts, read 28,224,126 times
Anything by La Vanille would work fine. They only make perfumes with Vanilla.

I like pink sugar. It is a fruity version but a bit more sophisticated that BB&W and lasts a while on me.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Can you just give her the B&BW gift card and she can select her favorite?
I suppose I could. But it just seems so impersonal, like no thought went into it. To me, unwrapping a great gift is so much more fun than getting a gift card. I'd like to see her face light up and make her happy.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Anything by La Vanille would work fine. They only make perfumes with Vanilla.

I like pink sugar. It is a fruity version but a bit more sophisticated that BB&W and lasts a while on me.
Thanks. I'll look into those. Not sure if she's into fruity scents, though.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:28 PM

26,897 posts, read 28,224,126 times
While sort of "passe" now, J.Lo Glow might fit the bill!
Glow by J.LO Women's Perfume

It is a bit brighter than vanilla only, but still leads with sweet.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:36 PM

9,549 posts, read 13,388,072 times
Unless it's something she has worn before and you know she likes it I just wouldn't. The way something smells in the bottle is not the way it will smell on the person, perfume needs to be tested by the person it's meant for before they buy it. I've tested some perfumes that I love in the bottle, but after twenty minutes on my skin, not so much.
Maybe you could make a gift of taking her out for a few hours and take her to the store to select something herself?

Old 11-07-2016, 12:40 PM

20,426 posts, read 35,813,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Unless it's something she has worn before and you know she likes it I just wouldn't. The way something smells in the bottle is not the way it will smell on the person, perfume needs to be tested by the person it's meant for before they buy it. I've tested some perfumes that I love in the bottle, but after twenty minutes on my skin, not so much.
Maybe you could make a gift of taking her out for a few hours and take her to the store to select something herself?
Yep. Same here.
I like your idea of shopping with her!

Old 11-07-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Taking her out is probably the best way to ensure that she likes the gift . I'll ask her when she gets home for Thanksgiving break. Thank you.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:12 PM

4,189 posts, read 2,177,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
I am not a gourmand perfume lover, so I've come here for help.

I need to buy a fragrance set for an 18 yo girl who loves the warm/baked goods/vanilla/marshmallow types of scents. The problem is that I can't stand them, and cannot decide which would be a good choice. Other perfume sites I've checked out seem to be without overwhelming favorites for this category.

A salesperson at B&BW is recommending Cashmere Glow or Warm Vanilla Sugar. What do you think? I want something that is popular with college-aged girls, and will last for at least a few hours on her. Any other suggestions?
I have never worn Cashmere Glow, but I recall getting a paper scent of it in a magazine and at least that way, rubbed on my inner wrist, I thought it smelled very nice.

If she really likes vanilla, then Shalimar by Guerlain would thrill her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or