U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 01:43 PM

466 posts, read 210,281 times

Advertisements

I had a talk with my father and we are not the best canidates to talk about what a woman is drawn to. This is primarily directed to the women but men are free to talk about what get's them highly interested in a woman. My secondary question is about myself/ anyone you may know... Do you feel a man who dresses up in gym(or generic) clothing often is a turn off? I have had many women stare me down but sometimes I am unsure it's because they find me attractive or because they are curious about something else(which may have to do with being unattractive)

Here are some pics:
Md cut: Photos deleted.

Any and all feedback is welcomed and if it's criticism please make it constructive so I could actually work on myself in different ways.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-13-2016 at 04:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 02:40 PM

72,677 posts, read 64,172,365 times
OP, didn't we cover this in another thread? You look fine. It's more about personality, if you want to stand out and attract women. Also, if you don't mind me saying so, I think you need to get past your grief, etc., from the recently failed relationship before jumping into a new one. You don't want to be a rebounder, do you? And you were hoping to get a job with the fire department, or something? Does that involve schooling/training courses? That would be working on yourself in a positive way.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, didn't we cover this in another thread? You look fine. It's more about personality, if you want to stand out and attract women. Also, if you don't mind me saying so, I think you need to get past your grief, etc., from the recently failed relationship before jumping into a new one. You don't want to be a rebounder, do you? And you were hoping to get a job with the fire department, or something? Does that involve schooling/training courses? That would be working on yourself in a positive way.
We did dear but the question was different even though my 2nd question, well... you got me I honestly have enjoying talking with you and some others about different topics and it's helping. I will try to get over this person but it will take some time and I'm not into any rush but a date wouldn't hurt so I can back on the market and start fresh with a new look at life. You know more than anyone I am trying to move forward and I have my struggles but I'm game for it.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:18 PM

7,093 posts, read 5,455,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
We did dear but the question was different even though my 2nd question, well... you got me I honestly have enjoying talking with you and some others about different topics and it's helping. I will try to get over this person but it will take some time and I'm not into any rush but a date wouldn't hurt so I can back on the market and start fresh with a new look at life. You know more than anyone I am trying to move forward and I have my struggles but I'm game for it.
Yeah, take time to get over this person. Heal up, recover, get involved with activities. It is definitely not a good idea to get involved with someone while you're reeling from someone else.

I myself have found myself reeling and I definitely didn't want to get involved with anyone while in that kind of pain.

Not only do you hurt yourself but also the other person, then you'll be in even more pain (I would know).

P.S. I'm not gay, but I'll say this; if you do have a problem attracting a woman, your looks would be the least of your concern.

It is very likely that those women were staring at you because they were admiring you (Then they could've been curious about something).

You are in better shape than I am for one thing.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:18 PM

23,605 posts, read 30,334,400 times
Default What attracts you to someone to the point of being irresistible?

Brains, ambition, honesty, being connected, interested, involved and balanced. Good looks don't hurt and being somewhat exotic, mysterious, independent and entrancing also helps.

Wait a minute! I just described my wife. Imaging that.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:26 PM

Ok I'll state my attraction criteria

Kind to me, wants to be around me, decent person, has self respect, wants to live, is not seeking dangerous people or circumstances, (my last gf was like that, she had it out for herself. She wanted to be in pain. quite disturbing the things she would put herself through. I'm still a little bugged by that) In other words, don't be a masochist. That's all I ask

Old 11-13-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Yeah, take time to get over this person. Heal up, recover, get involved with activities. It is definitely not a good idea to get involved with someone while you're reeling from someone else.

I myself have found myself reeling and I definitely didn't want to get involved with anyone while in that kind of pain.

Not only do you hurt yourself but also the other person, then you'll be in even more pain (I would know).

P.S. I'm not gay, but I'll say this; if you do have a problem attracting a woman, your looks would be the least of your concern.

It is very likely that those women were staring at you because they were admiring you (Then they could've been curious about something).

You are in better shape than I am for one thing.
Thanks a lot buddy and you're right about rebound relationships... If you don't mind me by asking what happened? Did you break up with person you got with due to your feelings for the previous girl? Sometimes I feel good about my looks but I've been called ugly by the girl I was with and it hurt very much. I questioned how other women viewed me many times but again thank you and I'm never afraid to call a dude handsome so again thanks.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:35 PM

11,672 posts, read 13,876,753 times
Maybe they're staring at you because you're taking selfies in front of a beer case in a wife beater.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
Thanks a lot buddy and you're right about rebound relationships... If you don't mind me by asking what happened? Did you break up with person you got with due to your feelings for the previous girl? Sometimes I feel good about my looks but I've been called ugly by the girl I was with and it hurt very much. I questioned how other women viewed me many times but again thank you and I'm never afraid to call a dude handsome so again thanks.
I kept bringing up my ex for one thing and how hurt I was over the relationship ended. Needless to say, it got old for her fast. Had a few arguments which was my fault for the most part. At some point, we decided to "take a break".

We still keep in contact, though.

I feel sad that your girl called you ugly. One thing that I have to remember is that looks are subjective. There are going to people that find you handsome/beautiful, while others find you "ugly". Then for some people, their perspective changes with time.

For instance, there are some women that I wouldn't have given a second look 10 years ago that I find myself attracted to.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:41 PM

13,230 posts, read 11,764,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Maybe they're staring at you because you're taking selfies in front of a beer case in a wife beater.
I'm sure it was just a one time thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty