U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 10:28 AM

6,081 posts, read 2,298,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I'm with you on that! I don't know how they engineered it, but I'm thankful for the Minimizer bras.
Third on that, nice to be able to get rid of that obnoxious gap between buttons! I was never looking for extra attention, spent 20 years occasionally considering a reduction, so I don't wear tight, formfitting clothes. Yay minimizers! I'm almost glad summer has come to an end around here, go to your local dept store and I'm the one you can hear hissing: "not everyone wants all of this padding!!" -while yet again, looking for the perfect swimsuit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 10:43 AM

2,502 posts, read 1,407,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I would kill for an A or B cup. At least those with smaller breasts can see their toes without bending over. And clothes fit you better/look better - and bras are easier to find, prettier and cheaper. And your back/neck don't hurt all the time.

I am 'larger' busted. The LAST thing I want is for those to be prominent, pushed up, padded, 'out there'. Minimizers please with hefty comfortable shoulder straps.
I understand the concern here - I have dated women with large boobs & though I love them, just like you said the women have told me that they get "in the way" and that they've had back problems as a result (in some cases).

However, I implore women with big naturals to please never get breast reductions - despite the discomfort, rest assured that your boobs look great

Old 11-14-2016, 11:09 AM

72,676 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
YES...just manipulating them so they can look their best. Disclaimer..im a tomboyish type of woman. If I could wear jeans and t-shirts everywhere I probably would. But, jeans and t-shirts don't really help show off what you have. I just want to be a bit more...sexy..i guess..without going into wh*re status. I'm like those people who get brought on those makeover shows because they need help with a new look. LOL I'm pretty discreet with my body so I'm not going to overdo it with the cleavage thing

Plus..its only ONE certain person I want to look good for. And we are gonna be on vacation together with a bunch of other people
Seriously? OP, if you're a D, a paper bag would show off what you have. Only the blind could miss those. Most women that size avoid T-shirts because they actually exaggerate the look.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-14-2016 at 11:48 AM..

Old 11-14-2016, 11:31 AM

5,119 posts, read 12,720,764 times
Lol....I would fall over if I had to carry D's around....that's pretty big already!

Stop wearing t-shirts, if you're trying to show off the girls!

Old 11-14-2016, 12:41 PM

1,056 posts, read 870,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I would kill for an A or B cup. At least those with smaller breasts can see their toes without bending over. And clothes fit you better/look better - and bras are easier to find, prettier and cheaper. And your back/neck don't hurt all the time.

I am 'larger' busted. The LAST thing I want is for those to be prominent, pushed up, padded, 'out there'. Minimizers please with hefty comfortable shoulder straps.
If your shoulder straps are doing the work in holding your girls up, please do yourself a favor and get measured for proper size. I spent nearly 30 years wearing the wrong size bra and often looking bad in my outfits because I always thought the shoulder straps were supposed to hold things up. The majority of a bra's support is supposed to come from the band. A properly fitted bra will hold you up even with the straps not on; the straps are just there to help make things look correct. It made a world of difference once I figured out what my true size was and that the band measurement I'd been wearing for years was inches too big and cup size was multiple cups too small.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:55 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,153,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
With a D cup, I don't know why you need padding. Why don't you try to be satisfied with yourself as you are.

I imagine your natural size is pretty alluring as is.
Cup size doesn't mean someone bigger breasted ! Someone who a 36B can wear a 36D and in most cases fits them better. Cup size has more do with placement of one breasts, than their size.. Reason why it's so important get a professional bra fitting done. Most women are wearing the wrong size!

Old 11-14-2016, 01:27 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,639,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I'm with you on that! I don't know how they engineered it, but I'm thankful for the Minimizer bras.
Ive read that wearing minimizers too much/all the time can be bad for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Lol....I would fall over if I had to carry D's around....that's pretty big already!

Stop wearing t-shirts, if you're trying to show off the girls!
Oh come on. D is not that big at all. Fairly average actually.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:10 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches403 View Post
If your shoulder straps are doing the work in holding your girls up, please do yourself a favor and get measured for proper size. I spent nearly 30 years wearing the wrong size bra and often looking bad in my outfits because I always thought the shoulder straps were supposed to hold things up. The majority of a bra's support is supposed to come from the band. A properly fitted bra will hold you up even with the straps not on; the straps are just there to help make things look correct. It made a world of difference once I figured out what my true size was and that the band measurement I'd been wearing for years was inches too big and cup size was multiple cups too small.
100% Agreed!

It was a world of difference when I got the proper size. I didn't have to worry about readjusting my breasts all the time, and them falling out of the bottom! And of course clothing fit way way better as soon as I got the right size.

Also, about the gapping in button downs? It also has a lot to do with button placement. There are brand that make button downs for busty women!

Old 11-14-2016, 02:29 PM

28,765 posts, read 2,361,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Third on that, nice to be able to get rid of that obnoxious gap between buttons! I was never looking for extra attention, spent 20 years occasionally considering a reduction, so I don't wear tight, formfitting clothes. Yay minimizers! I'm almost glad summer has come to an end around here, go to your local dept store and I'm the one you can hear hissing: "not everyone wants all of this padding!!" -while yet again, looking for the perfect swimsuit.

I can't remember how many years I had to use a safety pin between those two buttons. Argh!
I, too, considered a reduction but now I feel too old (59) to bother. I don't want to go through the pain of recovery; I take a long time to recover from stuff.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:36 PM

28,765 posts, read 2,361,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Ive read that wearing minimizers too much/all the time can be bad for you.

Umm... yeah, okay then. Just how much do you think one bra can minimize? I mean, it is not harmful or painful. But hey, please show us your reference.

**I just realized you may have been being sarcastic and it went over my head. Is that it??

Okay, this is enough bra and boob talk for me. Good luck OP in your search!

Last edited by geebabe; 11-14-2016 at 02:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty