U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-16-2016, 11:52 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Reputation: 25988

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Same for me. I am 5'0 in height. 130 in weight. I went to a breast specialist for issues. But it did come up that my breasts were very large for my frame.

I think I am a 34DD. But bras are a nightmare for me. I try some on, and they feel perfect for a while. But doesn't take long for them to wear out, and the girls are falling down again.

My breasts aren't the perky type that's so popular. And a good bra that holds them up and makes them look a bit, BETTER would be great.

I may need fitting, or a special type of bra, who knows. Last time I got fitted for a bra, I was a 34B. lol It's been years since then. A reduction & lift may be in order for me. So the girls are more...nice-looking lol
You are most likely not even remotely a 34DD. You probably should be wearing a 28H or 30H.

I kNow you live in a small place, but grab a tape measure and use this technique to size yourself.

Thin and Curvy: How to measure your bra size, the correct way!

And try and grab the size you get from Brastop. PM me for brand recommendations!

I assume you don't have pain or anything, you just want better shape? If you aren't having pain, then the proper sized bra should solve many of your issues. Try a balconette bra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-17-2016, 06:11 AM
 
Location: Earth
4,549 posts, read 3,504,098 times
Reputation: 6858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You are most likely not even remotely a 34DD. You probably should be wearing a 28H or 30H.

I kNow you live in a small place, but grab a tape measure and use this technique to size yourself.

Thin and Curvy: How to measure your bra size, the correct way!

And try and grab the size you get from Brastop. PM me for brand recommendations!

I assume you don't have pain or anything, you just want better shape? If you aren't having pain, then the proper sized bra should solve many of your issues. Try a balconette bra.
Well better shape would be nice. There's also shoulder pain. Carrying a purse for a min. will make my shoulders tired and ache. Breasts are probably not be the cause of that -I think most of the damage came from school -where all of my heavy books were carried on my back, but breasts may not be helping at this point either.

And I tend to have some breast pain, in addition to chest pain where exercising. And sports bras are murder, because they hurt my shoulders + neck. Boobs seem like more trouble than they're worth. lol

But Idk. Maybe my breasts aren't too big, but just need good support. Because they honestly never looked big to me, until the doctor mentioned them being large for my frame. But I have tried on C's and the cup didn't cover like it was supposed to. So I was hanging out on the sides and front. Then moved to a D, and there was more coverage on the side, but I was still hanging out of the front. So I assumed DD at best is what I needed.

I never had luck with bras. Least not long lasting.

Last edited by HappyRain; 11-17-2016 at 07:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2016, 06:32 AM
 
Location: SW Florida
9,104 posts, read 3,923,269 times
Reputation: 18777
I agree with getting a balconette bra. They hold you up and have very little padding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2016, 08:21 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Reputation: 25988
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Well better shape would be nice. There's also shoulder pain. Carrying a purse for a min. will make my shoulders tired and ache. Breasts are probably not be the cause of that -I think most of the damage came from school -where all of my heavy books were carried on my back, but breasts may not be helping at this point either.

And I tend to have some breast pain, in addition to chest pain where exercising. And sports bras are murder, because they hurt my shoulders + neck. Boobs seem like more trouble than they're worth. lol

But Idk. Maybe my breasts aren't too big, but just need good support. Because they honestly never looked big to me, until the doctor mentioned them being large for my frame. But I have tried on C's and the cup didn't cover like it was supposed to. So I was hanging out on the sides and front. Then moved to a D, and there was more coverage on the side, but I was still hanging out of the front. So I assumed DD at best is what I needed.

I never had luck with bras. Least not long lasting.
Those all sound like the signs of too big a band and too small of a cup. The sizes I mentioned have the same nearly the same volume is 34DD. The band and cup are proportional. So 34DD = 32DDD = 30G = 28H.

I used to think all bras sucked and did nothing. Then I got in the proper size and the issues went away. No more likes in my shoulder. No more popping out from underneath. No more spillage on the sides. And better shape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2016, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
1,273 posts, read 1,717,797 times
Reputation: 2407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Find a different brand of bras or style of bras. For example when I wear balconette Cleo bras they place my breasts front and center. These are unlined, unpadded bras. They look like implants. Other brands don't do that. Go to a different shop so you can try more brands and shapes.
I just looked up the bra you referenced and was wondering if all that detail (seems, lace, stitching) shows through the clothes? In the past when I tried bras like that on and put it over one of my shirts it was all bumpy and not smooth. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2016, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,549 posts, read 3,504,098 times
Reputation: 6858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Those all sound like the signs of too big a band and too small of a cup. The sizes I mentioned have the same nearly the same volume is 34DD. The band and cup are proportional. So 34DD = 32DDD = 30G = 28H.

I used to think all bras sucked and did nothing. Then I got in the proper size and the issues went away. No more likes in my shoulder. No more popping out from underneath. No more spillage on the sides. And better shape.
I will look into those. My boobs probably would look much better had a learned more about bras and been wearing the correct size years ago. lol The right size preserves them a bit longer before gravity eventually gets them.

And yep. Spillage was crazy. I was either hanging out of the top, or bottom, plus the sides. So definitely wrong size.

I have asked my mother, and she helped some, but she's not a bra expert either. She had a boob job recently, and her doctor told her exactly what she needed to be wearing afterward. I haven't been fitted professionally in years. I was between the ages of 10 and 13.

Then my grandmother mentioned a place she's familiar with that does measurements and had a very wide selection of bras. So I may need to go with her to check out that place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2016, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Louisville KY
3,928 posts, read 3,544,007 times
Reputation: 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Ds are big enough - no need for padding unless it's to push them around to make them appear more voluptuous. I'm usually trying to find ways to downplay the ampleness of the breasts, no one takes a woman very seriously as an individual when she has boobage on display.
Big enough...pfft, yeah right...

My opinion, but seriously, I'd think how "big" they are/look depends on how big she is. With a 34 bust size, she's probably pretty chunky, if she has a nce belly, and maybe a pear shape, they won't look that big by comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2016, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Reputation: 25988
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I will look into those. My boobs probably would look much better had a learned more about bras and been wearing the correct size years ago. lol The right size preserves them a bit longer before gravity eventually gets them.

And yep. Spillage was crazy. I was either hanging out of the top, or bottom, plus the sides. So definitely wrong size.

I have asked my mother, and she helped some, but she's not a bra expert either. She had a boob job recently, and her doctor told her exactly what she needed to be wearing afterward. I haven't been fitted professionally in years. I was between the ages of 10 and 13.

Then my grandmother mentioned a place she's familiar with that does measurements and had a very wide selection of bras. So I may need to go with her to check out that place.
I know the feeling! My mom is not busty so her bra advice wasn't helpful. Then she told me to talk to my aunt who only wears frumpy bras, minimizers and sports bras. She was no help either!

Definitely go with your grandma! The self measuring trick also gives you a good neighborhood of the right size!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2016, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,790 posts, read 12,639,398 times
Reputation: 10007
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
With a 34 bust size, she's probably pretty chunky
It depends on height and build but I would have to say you must prefer thin types because a 34 band on a woman that isnt short is going to be an average or mediim build. And no not in the "average American woman is obese" sort of average. 28-32 small women. 34-36 band average (unless shes under 5'3" or so). Once you start getting into 38s and up is where i would say youd most likely be dealing with a plump/chunky person. Unless they are just tall and broad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2016, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,549 posts, read 3,504,098 times
Reputation: 6858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I know the feeling! My mom is not busty so her bra advice wasn't helpful. Then she told me to talk to my aunt who only wears frumpy bras, minimizers and sports bras. She was no help either!

Definitely go with your grandma! The self measuring trick also gives you a good neighborhood of the right size!
I did measure a while back. Because I use my self-measurements to buy clothes on Amazon. And aside from 1 oddly-made dress, the clothes always fit perfectly. When I measured, my bust was a 35.

But I will copy and save your post on bra recommendations. Then I can keep it in mind when I got to get new bras, and hopefully I will enter into the land of Lasting, Good-fitted Bras. lol

Last edited by HappyRain; 11-17-2016 at 01:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top