Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 09:34 PM

783 posts, read 576,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckWife518 View Post
Chiluvr1228: Oh my gosh, I also thought O.P was asking for our opinions about men wearing long, painted nails when I saw the title of this thread. Lol.
I also thought this too. I came to give the OP the 'what for'. But now I see what they're asking.

I don't prefer women with super long nails. 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch whatever is fine. And no weird patterns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 11:35 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Now that I know there's a few men on here, let me ask:

Do you find long painted nails attractive? As in, "I really like her and her nails add to that attractiveness factor".

Or do nails not matter as long as they are clean, not bitten, etc.

Maybe you don't even notice them?
Yes, i notice them and they add 'points' to the attractiveness scale. I have to say i like plain nailpolish, not these odd colors or glued on glitter or anything like that, yes, nails are a factor, i notice them, one of the first thing's i look at actually.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:20 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post

With acrylics, if you're going to go with colors/patterns/etc. you better have your outfits for the next couple weeks picked out because you're stuck with that color for a while. So for fake nails I do prefer a traditional flesh/white color scheme. I guess my favorite would be French tips. They don't have to be too long to look nice really, although I don't mind them on the long side either.

Funny you should say this because depending on what color my nails are will determine what I wear. I stick to red polish a lot because it goes with just about anything other than peach or pink. When I lived up north and worked full time my weekly wardrobe was picked out according to the polish I was wearing. And while my toes might not match exactly they are still in the same color family.

I prefer the French manicure but it seems to be out of fashion these days and it takes longer to do at the salon. Sometimes I do that new white color with a design on the ring fingers.

Nice to see a man can appreciate a pretty hand and nicely done nails. :-)

Old 11-18-2016, 07:26 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Now that I know there's a few men on here, let me ask:

Do you find long painted nails attractive?
No.

Fact of life ladies: Men don't care about your nails. If you like spending all that time and money on your nails, more power to you. But the guys don't care. Not even a little. The only time a guy even notices a woman's nails are to think, "Ew! Trim those claws!"

Old 11-18-2016, 07:33 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,367,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Funny you should say this because depending on what color my nails are will determine what I wear. I stick to red polish a lot because it goes with just about anything other than peach or pink. When I lived up north and worked full time my weekly wardrobe was picked out according to the polish I was wearing. And while my toes might not match exactly they are still in the same color family.

I prefer the French manicure but it seems to be out of fashion these days and it takes longer to do at the salon. Sometimes I do that new white color with a design on the ring fingers.

Nice to see a man can appreciate a pretty hand and nicely done nails. :-)
Very cool, that is the sort of thing I would notice for sure. I just enjoy seeing what fashionable people will choose to wear and put together.

My wife and I are really into matching. I guess it's just something she and I both enjoy. She'll match her purse, her nails, her clothes, her eyeshadow, etc. I enjoy matching my shoes/belt/jacket with my clothes, it's a lot easier for guys than girls since our clothes are simpler, but it still makes getting dressed more interesting for me. Like, okay, I'm gonna wear this shirt, what goes with these colors? It keeps things interesting, otherwise I think I'd just get bored. My mom always told me growing up to make sure my clothes matched so I guess it's just ingrained in me.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:45 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No.

Fact of life ladies: Men don't care about your nails. If you like spending all that time and money on your nails, more power to you. But the guys don't care. Not even a little. The only time a guy even notices a woman's nails are to think, "Ew! Trim those claws!"
Your generalization has already been belied by the earlier remarks of several other men in this thread.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:45 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,937,291 times
My husband definitely does not like long fingernails. He doesn't say much about polish except he thinks it looks awful if it's chipped. He thinks everyone (men & women) should look pulled together and nails are just a part of that to him.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:16 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
For me there's a thin red line when it comes to nail length. A bit longer nails are attractive, but when you cross that line (too long) it gets trashy.

I'm all for nail polish. I'd hope that every woman on the planet would paint their nails.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:42 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
i prefer seeing a woman with short painted nails...hands and feet...don't like the long ones.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:58 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default Long vs short ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
For me there's a thin red line when it comes to nail length. A bit longer nails are attractive, but when you cross that line (too long) it gets trashy.

I'm all for nail polish. I'd hope that every woman on the planet would paint their nails.
I think when we talk about length we need to consider nail bed length. People have different shaped hands, fingers and nail beds. My nails look longer because I have longer nail beds, but are only a tiny bit over the edge of my fingers. Some people can pull off the longer looker better then other depending on their hand, finger and nail bed sizes. This does not justify this situation as far as I am concern this works best for horror movie characters ...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty