Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 07:33 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times

Advertisements

Now that I know there's a few men on here, let me ask:

Do you find long painted nails attractive? As in, "I really like her and her nails add to that attractiveness factor".

Or do nails not matter as long as they are clean, not bitten, etc.

Maybe you don't even notice them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 09:08 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
For the most part nail don't really make an impact on me, but I assume most women do that more for themselves than for guys. In terms of women I am attracted to, it works for some women and not for others. And I say that as a guy who tends to pay attention to the details and likes fashion.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:14 AM

28,662 posts, read 18,764,698 times
I think it looks attractive on women to see nails a bit longer than the nail beds (quicks), but anything longer than about 1/4 to 3/8 inch seems excessive to me. More than half an inch puts me off.

Color is nice in appropriate settings, although I don't like colors that look like the nails are ulcerated or infected with fungus--blacks, blues, greens...not attractive to me. Fancy designs strike me the same way as overly long nails.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:17 AM

274 posts, read 252,577 times
Quote:
Do you find long painted nails attractive? As in, "I really like her and her nails add to that attractiveness factor".
Yes.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:36 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default Good question!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Now that I know there's a few men on here, let me ask:

Or do nails not matter as long as they are clean, not bitten, etc.

Maybe you don't even notice them?
I am female and have always wondered that too. I don't recall ever being involved with man that appear interested in my nails/toes nails. Though I have gotten told off about sracthing a few guys accidently lol ( not because my nails were exceptionally long, but because they are well filed).

I have always liked keeping my hands well groomed and I am not really sure I was doing this to attrack a man... I got to look at my hands all day so it was sort of more for me).

Looking forward to reading more input on this question.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:28 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Because you asked . . .

I know that women don't do everything they do to appeal to men, and I would never claim that women should do a lot to their appearance to appeal to men,

But, as I said, you asked.

I think there are a lot of fashion/beauty things that women do that most men either don't care about, don't notice, or are actively turned off by. I would put excessively long fingernails (someone else said a half inch or so, and I'd probably go with that), plucked eyebrows, dyed hair, and most makeup in that category.

Do it if you want, but it's probably not attracting men.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:00 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I am not a man, but I know they are really unsanitary, and I keep my nails short. I think dark polish looks better on short nails anyway. Long nails are downright creepy, to me.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:41 PM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
When I saw the title of the thread I thought the OP was asking how we felt about men with long painted fingernails. OH MY.

I have acrylics now because the ridges on my nails were so deep that the nail was splitting vertically no matter how short I filed them. I think about the germ factor also and use a nail brush with soap under the nails frequently throughout the day.

I have always kept my nails on the long side, about 1/8 inch past the skin. I file them in a squoval shape so they don't look like talons. I hate that pointy look I'm seeing a lot lately. Blech. I've never dated a man who didn't love my hands or my nails especially when his back itched.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:54 PM

17,306 posts, read 12,228,591 times
For looks? Largely unnoticed. But they are definitely appreciated for some good back scratching.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:54 PM

894 posts, read 586,578 times
Chiluvr1228: Oh my gosh, I also thought O.P was asking for our opinions about men wearing long, painted nails when I saw the title of this thread. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty