U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-21-2016, 11:05 AM
 
2,813 posts, read 1,398,308 times
Reputation: 6116

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Melania has posed for some racy nude photos, she is not a porn star. Nude photos, porn star not even close.
Still a big mark against polished and sophisticated. Can you imagine any other presidential candidate having a wife whose career was made from nude photos?

Completely setting aside the campaign and election, this couple just oozes icky. Tacky, brash. Like everything being shiny gold-plated. It's not sophisticated look. It's too attention-seeking. I quit watching after the first season of The Apprentice because I found everything about The Donald to be low-brow.

I actually think Melania is quite attractive. Just not someone to be held up as an inspiring and ideal First Lady.

 
Old 11-21-2016, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,509 posts, read 11,489,335 times
Reputation: 21003
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Still a big mark against polished and sophisticated. Can you imagine any other presidential candidate having a wife whose career was made from nude photos?

Completely setting aside the campaign and election, this couple just oozes icky. Tacky, brash. Like everything being shiny gold-plated. It's not sophisticated look. It's too attention-seeking. I quit watching after the first season of The Apprentice because I found everything about The Donald to be low-brow.

I actually think Melania is quite attractive. Just not someone to be held up as an inspiring and ideal First Lady.
Maybe, but I can think of a few first ladies who were shamed by their husbands while in office with cavorting unashamedly with movie stars and interns, but hell thats ok thats a man. Not forgetting Jackie Kennedys affairs while her hubby played around, but him and her are still on pedestals.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 11:16 AM
 
2,813 posts, read 1,398,308 times
Reputation: 6116
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Maybe, but I can think of a few first ladies who were shamed by their husbands while in office with cavorting unashamedly with movie stars and interns, but hell thats ok thats a man. Not forgetting Jackie Kennedys affairs while her hubby played around, but him and her are still on pedestals.
That is shameful behavior by all of those involved.

I would argue there is a difference between public and private, however.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 11:28 AM
 
7,981 posts, read 3,874,784 times
Reputation: 27350
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
No way in hell Michelle Obama is as polished and sophisticated as Jackie Kennedy. Not even close.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Because I do. Wholeheartedly. But perhaps my definition of polished and sophisticated isn't as narrow as yours.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,509 posts, read 11,489,335 times
Reputation: 21003
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
That is shameful behavior by all of those involved.

I would argue there is a difference between public and private, however.
Dont see why, and if we all know about what went on then its quite public, but I see what your saying too. I dont know much about the lady so had a read there, and it seems she was a model and posed nude, so did Marilyn Monroe and long before Melanie, it didnt stop her having dresses made, and she was the Presidents main squeeze. not a first lady Ill admit but he was the President...
 
Old 11-21-2016, 11:32 AM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Reputation: 14101
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree. Because I do. Wholeheartedly. But perhaps my definition of polished and sophisticated isn't as narrow as yours.
Or your standards for polished and sophisticated aren't as high as mine.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Reputation: 25988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfalz View Post
What about wedding photographers and bakers? Are they free to choose who they provide their services to?
I know where you are trying to go with this. So yes, bakers and photographers can choose who they want to give their stuff away to. But everyone should be able to buy services within reason.

And in this case, the designer in question is talking about giving way her clothing and promoting the wearer. Melania is free to buy her stuff from Barney's or Neimans. No one is talking about not allowing her to buy something.

Last edited by jade408; 11-21-2016 at 11:57 AM..
 
Old 11-21-2016, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Reputation: 25988
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
No way in hell Michelle Obama is as polished and sophisticated as Jackie Kennedy. Not even close.
I disagree! Obama is polished and very modern. We live in different times now and polished doesn't only mean New England preppy!
 
Old 11-21-2016, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Reputation: 25988
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I'm pretty sure Melania already has her own designer and isn't looking for a new one.
Melania shops off the racks. Generally expensive stores only. She doesn't seem to have allegiance to any designer. And she also doesn't seem to try to have a broader message with her outfits. Obama is super intentional about wearing things that either reflect the person they are visiting with or uses American brands.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Reputation: 25988
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Still a big mark against polished and sophisticated. Can you imagine any other presidential candidate having a wife whose career was made from nude photos?

Completely setting aside the campaign and election, this couple just oozes icky. Tacky, brash. Like everything being shiny gold-plated. It's not sophisticated look. It's too attention-seeking. I quit watching after the first season of The Apprentice because I found everything about The Donald to be low-brow.

I actually think Melania is quite attractive. Just not someone to be held up as an inspiring and ideal First Lady.
While Donald has no style, Melania wears super polished clothing in public. Not sure where you are getting the idea she is tacky in her clothing choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top