Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 09:11 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,702,447 times

Advertisements

She's pretty and has a beautiful body. Full stop. Unfortunately society has to categorize so she is a full figured or plus sized model when it should just be model period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 09:16 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,910,902 times
I can't stand the term "plus sized." Just stop with the political correctness already and admit that it's really overweight or obese, not thick, full figured, or plus sized. Being overweight doesn't mean Ashley Graham isn't beautiful. She is, but calling her plus sized makes her sound like a mathetical equation.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:04 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,696,910 times
Default Terms.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I can't stand the term "plus sized." Just stop with the political correctness already and admit that it's really overweight or obese, not thick, full figured, or plus sized. Being overweight doesn't mean Ashley Graham isn't beautiful. She is, but calling her plus sized makes her sound like a mathetical equation.
Plus size ... not my favorite term...

Full figured sounds more appealing ...but not really an accurately used.

Ex yes .... I would like a full figure as opposite to lacking of a figure lol?

Regardless last I checked people are kind of as is.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:05 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,250,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red as Gold View Post
I'm not complaining about anything.
I'm talking about the meaning of the word.
"Too"+ adjective means that something is so [adjective] that it is not acceptable.

The coffee is hot - one might be able to drink it
The coffee is too hot - one can not drink it

So, by definition, one can't be attracted to someone who is "too" skinny, though one could be attracted to someone who is very skinny or extremely skinny.
You must be a teacher.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:18 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,781,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red as Gold View Post
First, I like math

Second, I like accuracy

None of us know how much she weighs, so, almost certainly, people are commenting on her size, not her weight.
And she stays active (check her Instagram for workout photos).

I think she is pretty, well-proportioned and more importantly seems to have a great attitude/life outlook. Nothing to hate in my opinion.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:30 PM

783 posts, read 573,891 times
Well, she's not as fat as some of the other disgusting women who seem to think they can shuffle-stomp down a runway with their thighs about to start a brush fire.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:37 PM

645 posts, read 747,109 times
I think she looks good....She looks alot like eva mendes. If she were shorter her body would probably look bad. But her height makes her look just thick but not sloppy.I'm not sure about her being a victoria secret model. Those girls are very lean.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:08 PM

12,335 posts, read 8,065,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
I think she looks good....She looks alot like eva mendes. If she were shorter her body would probably look bad. But her height makes her look just thick but not sloppy.I'm not sure about her being a victoria secret model. Those girls are very lean.
As were Sports Illustrated swimsuit models. She seems to be flexing her social credit to get another high profile gig.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:34 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,702,447 times
They sell panties of size up to XL and bras up to 40DDD... might as well feature a few models that at least approach those sizes. The average woman wearing their products is still not going to look like an Angel even with a woman like AG in their lineup.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:35 AM

7,986 posts, read 5,358,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Plus size ... not my favorite term...

Full figured sounds more appealing ...but not really an accurately used.

Ex yes .... I would like a full figure as opposite to lacking of a figure lol?

Regardless last I checked people are kind of as is.
Full figure---does that mean I am a half figure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty