Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 05:52 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times

Advertisements

Theres an offer of a free trial on this site but doesnt have Paypal to pay for postage so I wont bother..Ive read the ingredients in her skin care range , and the glowing reports about this product.. Has anyone tried it yet.. Ive had a look to try and find out just whats in this cream but can only see the basics which seem fine but what else is there in this stuff... Id like to know.
Not only is there no label present but there is very little information available on the ingredients used in this cream.

While the website mentions the use of Vitamin C, Glycerin and Cucumber extract being used, there is no mention of how much of these ingredients is present, nor if there are any other ingredients to be found.

This is important information that should be available, not only so that we can check how effective the cream is, but also to ensure what you apply to your face does not cause any negative reactions. so could this be another case of regulatory bodies not bothering to allow us to know exactly what we might be plastering on our faces.. as they do with many products... I want to know if it carries parabens and other harmful ingredients..

https://findbeautyandtruth.com/intl/...sub3=&jbs2nc=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 06:50 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
I'm perplexed. What does Angelina Jolie have to do with this product?

Oh, and make sure you carefully read the terms and conditions of this "free trial." You'll find out it's not so free.

Quote:
Membership Terms and Conditions: If I enrol in the membership program I am agreeing to be charged £4.95 today and £78.49 for my trial skincare product in 15 days unless I cancel. 15-day trial begins after product is received. I will receive a full-size bottle of skincare product for £78.49 (S&H included) every 30 days thereafter until I cancel. My credit card will be billed and my shipment will be sent automatically at those times. Shipments will continue until I call to cancel my membership at 0845 528 1257 or by emailing [email removed], open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Refunds may be made within 30 days of order upon returning your product. You may cancel your membership at any time. Shipping and handling is non-refundable. For a trial refund, you do not need to return the trial product.
I don't know how it is in the UK, but in the US these offers are frequently scams, and it becomes incredibly difficult to cancel the monthly subscription charges.

With so many great skincare products out there that don't involve weird monthly subscriptions, why would you even consider this one?

Old 12-29-2016, 06:56 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I agree - I will not sign up for anything that charges me every month. I want to have control of what I buy and when.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:27 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
DEFINITELY A SCAM!! Honestly, most of these type creams are useless anyway. I am 67 and I use NOTHING, at least not any commercial cream. I cleanse with coconut oil, and occasionally moisturize with a drop of argan oil (but usually not). In the a.m. I splash with water only, then tone with spritzes of rose water. My skin glows and I have few wrinkles for someone my age despite getting a daily dose of sun.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
DEFINITELY A SCAM!! Honestly, most of these type creams are useless anyway. I am 67 and I use NOTHING, at least not any commercial cream. I cleanse with coconut oil, and occasionally moisturize with a drop of argan oil (but usually not). In the a.m. I splash with water only, then tone with spritzes of rose water. My skin glows and I have few wrinkles for someone my age despite getting a daily dose of sun.
yes like myself.... I use basic creams with no harmful stuff in them.. it was last night I was reading about this miracle cream that Angelina Jolie has marketed and had a look at what was in it , then saw the free trial offer.... I thought Id ask people on her if they had tried the cream and their verdict on it.. Im beginning to think using her name might also be a scam online.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:05 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Im beginning to think using her name might also be a scam online.
I'd say that's a very safe bet.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I'd say that's a very safe bet.
probably..

Old 12-29-2016, 11:10 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post

So it is you that has been sneaking in to my kitchen and using all my cooking ingredients for you skin care routine lol.

Do you actually really find these stuff you mentioned worked.

Ex argan oil. I have been to Morocco and this is a common ingredient in foods and beauty products ... but I don't really see anyone looking more youthful or better due to its use. My husband eats that stuff daily at breakfast and his skin does not look any better to me lol.

Rose water? I have never tried putting this on my face ... but have used it to flavour things.

I don't see how you can use oil to clean your skin?

I think the coconut oil and argon oil could help moisturize though.

The use of these items all seems very elegant and interesting .... but I am not really buying the amazing benefits of this.

I heard about her cream ... but totally think it seems like BS. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has used it and how they found it.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:05 PM

I used to use Rose water and witch hazel on my spotty skin when I was young, havent seen it in the chemist though for a long time.. and it was cheap too , I dont like anything greasy on my face at all but my granddaughter who has beautiful skin uses only coconut oil sparingly .

Old 12-29-2016, 12:26 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
I use a combo of rose water and orange blossom water for toner. Smells great. If it is safe enough to eat it must be fine for your skin.

My friend's mom has used it for life and she has great skin. Also the Rose water has brightening and I think clarifying properties.

Considering it is cheaper than toner and seems to do no harm I pick it up often. I also use unscented baby wipes doused with both as "cleansing wipes" instead of the makeup wipes that are 8x more expensive for lazy days.

Last edited by jade408; 12-29-2016 at 01:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty