U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 10:10 AM

29,491 posts, read 50,338,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Love wearing" and "underwear" never come up in the same sentence in my mind.
I know, right? I wear underwear because my clothes look better when I do, and I feel more comfortable in my clothes when I do. No other reason. I choose underwear that looks best with my clothes. If that's getting excited about underwear, then I'm all for it.

PS - what exactly are "granny panties", and how did they come to be so hated all of a sudden?

Are they just plain briefs? If so, I've been a granny since I got out of diapers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 10:17 AM

58,290 posts, read 47,802,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I know, right? I wear underwear because my clothes look better when I do, and I feel more comfortable in my clothes when I do. No other reason. I choose underwear that looks best with my clothes. If that's getting excited about underwear, then I'm all for it.

PS - what exactly are "granny panties", and how did they come to be so hated all of a sudden?

Are they just plain briefs? If so, I've been a granny since I got out of diapers.
Yes, they're the briefs style your mother bought you when you were a kid, but in adult sizes.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:04 AM

7,519 posts, read 4,500,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
Ever known something like that to happen? Wonder what would be more embarrassing having that happen and be wearing granny panties or happen to be going commando that day
Well, when you think about it, using a bedpan in the ER if you had to go and they wouldn't let you get up would probably be a bit easier if you didn't have to hoist the underwear around.

All this talk about underwear reminds me of a dream I had one time about a pair I still have. The underwear in question is a pair of Haines cotton high leg (or whatever it's called,),and has small pink and yellow flowers with green leaves on it, with dark pink elastic-a few years old and washed many times so faded to pastel by now. No holes in it though.

Anyway, in the dream I was attending a work meeting with lots of people there, and the speaker made an announcement. She said they had found a pair of ladies underwear (I didn't catch where), and were trying to find the owner. She held up a pair of panties that looked exactly like I described above, only they were so huge that she had to spread her arms full length when she held up those panties. She and a couple of the other speakers commented that the panties were so YUGE that they couldn't imagine the size of the butt they belonged to, but there they were, and they sure looked like my undies. I wouldn't admit they were mine, though, especially not in front of so many people, so I just played dumb.

I still think of that dream and laugh all over again when I come across those undies in the drawer.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:09 AM

10,450 posts, read 5,342,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I don't love my underwear. I buy it because it's comfortable and not ugly.

Mom always told me to wear decent underwear in case I was hit by a car and had to go to the ER.

Yep we always had time to notice what kind of under garments you were wearing as we cut them off of you in the emergency room.

Old undies make great rags. I go through three or four pair when I deep clean the antiques.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:27 AM

2,052 posts, read 1,392,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Normally I wear G-strings and thongs. When Aunt Flo comes, so do the granny panties. I've ruined too many pairs of my pretty lacy ones when that time of the month rolls around, so that's one of the rare times when ugly is in/on
Yeah, that's why I still keep the worn out ones. Haha for the record I don't buy ugly panties. They were nice at one point but stretched out so they look like granny panties. I also stained some of them because of the monthly thing. It seems like only thongs look sexy but I hate thongs. I only have a few pairs I love that look great and aren't thongs but sadly they're wearing out

Old 12-31-2016, 11:34 AM

1,149 posts, read 486,360 times
I had threw out many lovely underwear because they are uncomfortable wearing. Some of them worn a couple times or still new. Unfortunately underwear(panties) aren't allow to try, so if after buying and not wearing them they just had to go

Old 12-31-2016, 01:08 PM

1,996 posts, read 886,694 times
Who's paying for your underwear? If mom, wear what she buys you. If you, buy and wear what you like.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:14 PM

4,433 posts, read 3,362,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
More along my thoughts. When mine start forming holes I save them in a bag to use when I go on vacation. That's so I can throw them out after use than toss them in a laundry bag. I couldn't care less what an EMP or ER physician would think of worn underwear.
That's a great idea!

Old 12-31-2016, 01:18 PM

2,875 posts, read 2,124,400 times
I completely reject the idea that daily underwear should be sexy, like in a stupid Victoria's Secret ad or a movie. When I was younger I was dumb enough to fall for all that marketing and spent a lot of money on uncomfortable lacy underwear that no one ever saw. Stupid stupid stupid fashion victim. Now I just wear what's comfort able and clean, and I only throw it out if it wears out or gets uncomfortable. I refuse to be manipulated by money-hungry fashion brands that promote unrealistic and unhealthy expectations of female beauty and play to our deepest insecurities to get us to buy that useless crap.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:20 PM

11,939 posts, read 8,475,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
Ever known something like that to happen? Wonder what would be more embarrassing having that happen and be wearing granny panties or happen to be going commando that day
I fell out my daughters car when she accelerated and had to go to hospital wearing my hubbies socks.. so never again.. could have been worse though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty