U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 07:07 AM

9,083 posts, read 4,551,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
I completely reject the idea that daily underwear should be sexy, like in a stupid Victoria's Secret ad or a movie. When I was younger I was dumb enough to fall for all that marketing and spent a lot of money on uncomfortable lacy underwear that no one ever saw. Stupid stupid stupid fashion victim. Now I just wear what's comfort able and clean, and I only throw it out if it wears out or gets uncomfortable. I refuse to be manipulated by money-hungry fashion brands that promote unrealistic and unhealthy expectations of female beauty and play to our deepest insecurities to get us to buy that useless crap.
Why? When I was younger my significant others saw my undies. I wanted to be sexy for them and for myself. So there's that. The funny thing about that was, when I was in college, my gf teased me about my briefs during one of those moments. It wasn't mean, but she got me thinking. I bought pretty ones thereafter and I loved them, as did my partners I had afterward.

As for the money hungry fashion brand idea, there are many brands out there besides the overrated and overpriced Victoria's Secret. I go to Ross or Marshall's when I want new lacy things and get a great price on brands I never heard of. They last me for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 07:43 AM

2,198 posts, read 952,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I throw out stuff I don't want anymore and I try not to buy ugly stuff in the first place.
Honestly, I have trouble picturing a hedgehog wearing underwear at all!

Old 01-01-2017, 01:01 PM

549 posts, read 161,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
How is this thread still at the top? I've been avoiding it for 2 days now. UGH.
Throw out those nasty drawers!

Because its hilarious! I can always use a few laughs!

Nowadays, I'm just wearing bikini swimsuits under my clothes....

Old 01-01-2017, 01:56 PM

23,799 posts, read 22,781,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
The Jockey French cut have become my favorite; I think I have 9 of them now. I have a few sexy panties but they haven't seen any action in years. I just refuse to wear anything around the house that is so horrid I would be embarrassed if I had unexpected company or had to be rushed to the hospital. Nothing makes you feel blech more than wearing ugly, ill-fitting clothing or undergarments.

Life's too short to wear ugly panties or ugly anything for that matter. I have never owned a pair of granny panties (I'm 62) in my life other than maternity ones when I was pregnant. Right now Victoria's secret is having their semi-annual sale; you can probably pick up 5 panties for $25. Stock up when they are on sale. I used to wear matching bra & panties but since nobody sees them anymore I settle for being in the same color family.
Victorias Secret underwear is so low quality these days. I have been stocking up at Soma during their sales for the practical panties. There are some super cozy pairs.

I have also found I love some lace at the top for fun!

And other days when I feel like matching I have some lacy cheeky panties. Occasionally I find a good matching set, but it is hard in my size! Not so many options for busty women. I have been loving panties with some lace panels or cute little keyholes.

Also, check on Etsy. You might find some great hand made pieces.

Old 01-01-2017, 02:44 PM

410 posts, read 152,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
^^^^ Hahaha! It seems like everyone's mom said that. Seriously, I don't know anyone whose mother DIDN'T say that.

Back on topic...

Absolutely throw away worn out underwear. When the ugly ones wear out throw them out, too. Stop buying ugly panties. There are plenty of nice panties to choose from.

Why not buy Jockey or Hanes cotton multipack varieties? They're attractive enough if you get them in certain styles, e.g., bikini, French cut, high-cut. That's what I wear most of the time and I like them. They're cute enough, comfortable, look fine under clothing, come in a wide variety of colors, don't wear out quickly, easy to care for, and inexpensive.
That's what I do. They come in all kinds of cuts and colors and are cheap enough son you can toss the ones that Heineken out (or move them to your rags pile). I usually get mine at Kmart and they *always* have *something* on sale.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:34 PM

4,557 posts, read 1,743,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
My mom's motto was nobody can see your underwear so it doesn't matter what you wear underneath. But I can see it and some of my exes have seen me in unflattering underwear. Kinda embarassing to be wearing granny panties or panties with holes in them haha. Not very sexy. Over time they wear out. It's hard to find underwear I love wearing. Just curious, do you love wearing all of your underwear?
I only buy the styles I like.

I keep them forever. I keep the old ones for when I'm behind on the laundry and just need something (as long as the elastic is still good...I need 'em to at least stay up!) But I am single, so... Still, none of them are grannies. I'll probably never wear those.

When the elastic gives out, or they're so ratty looking or uncomfortable that I don't want to wear them even as a last resort, I throw them out. If they're cotton, I can cut them up for cleaning or home projects.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:37 PM

4,557 posts, read 1,743,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shira_k View Post
That's what I do. They come in all kinds of cuts and colors and are cheap enough son you can toss the ones that Heineken out (or move them to your rags pile). I usually get mine at Kmart and they *always* have *something* on sale.
I find the Hanes and Jockey elastic is too tight, so I prefer to get off brands at Target or wherever. I've had good luck with those. Inexpensive. They don't last as long as some of the pricey brands I've bought on occasion, but then they cost a fraction of the price.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:43 PM

2,642 posts, read 666,516 times
I buy what's comfortable.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:26 AM

13,127 posts, read 14,432,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
My mom's motto was nobody can see your underwear so it doesn't matter what you wear underneath. But I can see it and some of my exes have seen me in unflattering underwear. Kinda embarassing to be wearing granny panties or panties with holes in them haha. Not very sexy. Over time they wear out. It's hard to find underwear I love wearing. Just curious, do you love wearing all of your underwear?
I buy only underwear that I like or want to wear.
Certainly to continue wearing torn up under wear, especially around your sexual partners may come across as tacky and that you don't give a ----.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:42 AM

275 posts, read 103,031 times
Why is it the cotton undies that wear out, the elastic is still good, but the nylon ones, that never wear out, the elastic is the first to go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty