U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 04:13 PM

1,756 posts, read 6,388,378 times

Advertisements

I bought my college aged daughter a Christmas wish list item, Over the knee boots. They were very baggy/ loose on her in the legs so we returned them. This is where the quest has begun. We can't seem to find boots that aren't too big in the legs, specifically thigh portion of the boot. She is tallish 5'9" and thin. I wouldn't say she has skiinny legs but her legs are toned and thinner. Can anyone recommend a brand of this style that runs thinner in the leg? Also do you think if we purchased the kind that draw string in at the top we would be able to have them taken in to fit? The material seems to be almost an ultra suede and rather pliable. I was thinking a shoe cobbler or even seamstress might be able to just take them in? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 12:32 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,775,557 times
I have the same problem. Actually, a little pet peeve of mine is when I see women wearing boots that are too big around their calves. I always have to get my boots taken in if I want the proper fit. Nordstrom has some narrow options.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:13 PM

7,713 posts, read 13,072,134 times
They're on the pricier side, but I find Stuart Weitzman tends to keep his boot shafts on the narrow side.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:41 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,670,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
They're on the pricier side, but I find Stuart Weitzman tends to keep his boot shafts on the narrow side.
Yup. Good rec.

They are pricey, but you may be able to find a good sale now.

Here's a dupe for the Stuart Weitzman - Dolce Vita.

Dolce Vita 'Neely' Over the Knee Boot (Women) | Nordstrom

Old 01-01-2017, 04:24 PM

8,689 posts, read 11,246,905 times
Hell of sexy boots.
I saw a pair with back half of them made out of elastic on someone. They hug.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:11 PM

723 posts, read 270,890 times
Mine are the kind that lace up a little in the back so I can tighten them to fit my legs.
Steve Madden 'Gleemer' Over the Knee Boot (Women) | Nordstrom

It says they are out but I saw a few more similar to those on that site. And they might be available later or somewhere else.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:43 PM

4,292 posts, read 5,304,921 times
Boots on Zappos.com will have the calf circumference listed.

here is a search for women's over-the-knee boots on zappos: Boots, Women | Shipped Free at Zappos

If you scroll down, on the left, you can narrow the search by calf circumference size.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:11 PM

1,756 posts, read 6,388,378 times
Thank you for the suggestions. The Stuart Weitzmans are way more than I choose to spend for such a trendy item. I'm guessing this fad will fade in the next season or so! To the poster who said they always have the boots taken in, that somewhat answered my question that it can be done! Thank you! I think that will be out easiest option without having to spend a high ticket price. College girls are brutally hard on items and they loan their things out left and right it seems. So I refuse to pay too much LOL!

Old 01-06-2017, 11:55 PM

24,960 posts, read 24,743,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
Thank you for the suggestions. The Stuart Weitzmans are way more than I choose to spend for such a trendy item. I'm guessing this fad will fade in the next season or so! To the poster who said they always have the boots taken in, that somewhat answered my question that it can be done! Thank you! I think that will be out easiest option without having to spend a high ticket price. College girls are brutally hard on items and they loan their things out left and right it seems. So I refuse to pay too much LOL!
Taking them in is not necessarily that cheap. Talk to a cobbler before you purchase your boots.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:56 PM

3,595 posts, read 2,959,479 times
Too big around the calf boots is all the rage in anime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty