U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 09:32 PM

195 posts, read 66,518 times

Advertisements

Now I am probably going to sound like a perv, which honestly isn't my attention. But on YouTube there are lots of videos where young women will show you what lingerie/underwear they got and try it on. Granted, in a lot of the videos it is aimed at women showing off different Bras and such but of course lots of guys will watch for...other reasons. Though it sure doesn't hurt their view count lol.

Now of course I won't post any videos for obvious reasons; it's easy enough to find with some key words lol. But what are your ladies thoughts on it? Harmless fun, just looking for attention, or something that could hurt them later?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 09:59 PM

24,232 posts, read 23,613,653 times
I never thought about it, but I read lingerie blogs and appreciate seeing different body types in the garments.

It doesn't bother me. It would be great if the pervy guys keep their opinions to themselves. If the topic of the video is evaluating how a piece might fit, they are not inviting use,easy opinions like "omg you are so hot" or "omg who do you think you are wearing that."

Old 01-11-2017, 07:35 AM

13,451 posts, read 26,339,676 times
They can do what they want. Some I think are genuinely just modeling, others probably looking for attention (*shrugs*)

Keep in mind that there are "pervs" for almost any seemingly innocent thing one can imagine; if one posts videos of themselves doing anything they are open to comments (and/or judgment). That is just the way it is.

Old 01-12-2017, 02:46 AM

11,790 posts, read 10,600,782 times
I've...uh...looked at some videos, blogs for...research. No really. Mainly because a lot of lingirie and bra ads use models that dont necessarily match the size or body type of my wife and I would rather know what it might look like on her before I buy it rather than see it only on someone who is of a different shape or size. The women with the blogs who go through a lot of trouble of ordering and trying on different styles and give real commentary on the fit and construction...well you can tell they are doing it for more altruistic reasons for fellow women and not for the sake of turning on men. But if in the process they get more hits and more popularity and maybe a career out of it. Well good for them. There's a "I know it when I see it" fine line between fashion blogger and soft core stripper.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:44 AM

22,981 posts, read 27,575,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
Now I am probably going to sound like a perv, which honestly isn't my attention. But on YouTube there are lots of videos where young women will show you what lingerie/underwear they got and try it on. Granted, in a lot of the videos it is aimed at women showing off different Bras and such but of course lots of guys will watch for...other reasons. Though it sure doesn't hurt their view count lol.

Now of course I won't post any videos for obvious reasons; it's easy enough to find with some key words lol. But what are your ladies thoughts on it? Harmless fun, just looking for attention, or something that could hurt them later?
Obviously looking for attention. And unfortunately they might get the wrong kind.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:14 AM

13,451 posts, read 26,339,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post

Yes, and they know men will watch for .....other reasons. Just like the plethora of "breast-feeding tutorials" on Youtube. I'm sure they post those only in the interest of education, right? lol

As I said, anyone is free to do what they want, I don't judge. But I know they pretty much ALL are doing it for attention, disguised as a "review" or "tutorial."

Old 01-12-2017, 10:00 AM

4,458 posts, read 2,746,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
They can do what they want. Some I think are genuinely just modeling, others probably looking for attention (*shrugs*)

Keep in mind that there are "pervs" for almost any seemingly innocent thing one can imagine; if one posts videos of themselves doing anything they are open to comments (and/or judgment). That is just the way it is.
Pretty much this. Word for word. Nothing to add.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:59 AM

24,232 posts, read 23,613,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Obviously looking for attention. And unfortunately they might get the wrong kind.
Not exactly. I am a regular reader of the Lingerie Addict blog.

This blog highlights new brands, sales, trends, does reviews. The aim is to inform not titillate. Unfortunately people find form their own impressions. I read it to find about new brands in my size. And for reviews from people shaped more like me.

The Lingerie Addict

Old 01-12-2017, 12:06 PM

11,790 posts, read 10,600,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post

I agree with that. There's probably "pervs" that love watching that lady open up plastic Easter eggs with toys inside. (If you don't have small kids, you probably have no idea)

Old 01-13-2017, 06:47 PM

573 posts, read 232,306 times
Most likely for attention. What creeps me out is that half the dudes watching these videos are nasty ugly weirdos. Like are you that insecure that you need attention from creeps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty