Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 07:52 PM

181 posts, read 499,579 times

Advertisements

I see so many men who are bald or at least going bald. Hair transplants are not any more expensive than a used car.

I'm relatively young and not going bald yet, but as soon as I start to lose hair, I'll be at the surgeons office so fast.

Why don't more men get hair transplants? I've heard they're very successful and I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than wisdom teeth removal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 08:01 PM

17,585 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Why would I pay the price of a used car for vanity?

Besides.. I make bald look good. lol

I've kept my hair at the lowest level on the clippers since I was 21 or so.. Don't have a misshapen head.. The fact that I am losing, or have lost (pending on how you look at it) my hair doesn't bother me a bit..

Unless I forget my hat in the sun.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:26 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,355,849 times
I guess they don't care about having hair. Which is fine.

Today, there are lesser and lesser reasons to jump to hair transplantation due other methods of maintaining hair. But those don't work for everyone and hair transplants are relatively affordable. To each their own.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:39 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Good question. More should. Some guys just really look better with hair

Old 03-22-2015, 01:42 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
waste of money...natural always looks better, and what's wrong with that?

Old 03-22-2015, 01:49 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Because many men realize that having hair isn't the only way to look good.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:51 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
I see so many men who are bald or at least going bald. Hair transplants are not any more expensive than a used car.

I'm relatively young and not going bald yet, but as soon as I start to lose hair, I'll be at the surgeons office so fast.

Why don't more men get hair transplants? I've heard they're very successful and I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than wisdom teeth removal.
A car is an extremely useful tool. Hairs only real utilities are is warmth (and a cheap hat does a much better job of that than hair) and minor protection (a hairless head collects cuts and contusions somewhat more readily). The comparison is silly.

And even if I was a billionaire, I wouldn't waste so much as a cent (to say nothing of my time) on hair transplants.

I keep my hair either trimmed very short, or I shave it all off. This minimizes the hassle (shaved or trimmed, I do it about once every 4-7 days, taking 10-15 minutes each time). The last thing I'd do is spend thousands of dollars for the dubious privilege of having more hair to deal with - my hair line is receding, but sadly it's not receding very fast.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:16 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Hair also protects against the sun.

Of course the main thing is that almost all men look best with a full head of hair.

Hair transplants are becoming more common and the stigma lessening, but too many people remember how bad they were decades ago and results still can be disappointing and most men have to get them on an ongoing basis to stay ahead of their lousy genetics. Also, some men are deluded by the idea that a muscular body can make up for a less attractive face.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:46 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Hair also protects against the sun.

Of course the main thing is that almost all men look best with a full head of hair.

Hair transplants are becoming more common and the stigma lessening, but too many people remember how bad they were decades ago and results still can be disappointing and most men have to get them on an ongoing basis to stay ahead of their lousy genetics. Also, some men are deluded by the idea that a muscular body can make up for a less attractive face.

^ SO true about so many trying to compensate with the work out routine and muscles! Same with the "short guy" complex and the muscles.

But at least with the balding you can fix that. I'm not saying that you *should* fix it, but if it's bothering someone so much, it might be cheaper than the over compensation via luxury vehicles, protein supplements and gym time/membership.

I also feel (purely on anecdotal evidence that I've personally been exposed to) that a lot of the "bald yet buff" might be over compensating by being "overly confident" which translates into cocky. Or perhaps it's just all the testosterone from working out too much.

Problem is the lack of insight and their deep denial. "I DON'T MIND being bald because I have XYZ going for me."

Like the small breasted woman who likes to pretend in her head that all women with larger breasts "Don't have MY intelligence."

Old 03-23-2015, 04:50 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post

A lot of men are not that vain and do not rely on the hair on their head to define who they are or instill confidence or self worth.

From what I understand about this procedure which is not much it is 100 times worse than getting wisdom teeth surgically removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty