Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 03:28 PM

189 posts, read 166,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I think you're clutching your pearls a little too tightly sage. I'm no fan of Trump or Melania (like, AT ALL), and am typically last to come to their defense, but even I don't find anything particularly provocative about those outfits (with the possible exception of the neckline of the first).
Agree in principle her clothes are fine. I actually love the long white dress with the slit. However, when you consider the criticism regarding Michelle Obama's sleeveless choices, it's hard to believe they're no concerns expressed over Melamia's low necklines, tight fits and short skirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 06:41 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
From an older, straight male who doesn't know anything about fashion or designers ...

I thought she looked stunning for the first time I had seen her. I think she is attractive but usually not stunning.

My wife, who does know something about it, said that the all-blue ensemble created a seamless silhouette that came off very elegant and sophisticated, along with the hair worn up for a change.

I guess that's it. I have always preferred elegant, sophisticated looking women.
I highly appreciate this look myself.
But I think that Melania could easily have it, without trying to emulate someone else.
She could have come up with something uniquely hers in this respect.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:55 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Oh good grief, that blue ensemble was beautiful. And she looked like herself, no one else.

As for the low cut clothing, I do think the First Lady should show a bit more modesty. So hopefully now that she IS the First Lady, perhaps she will. One can only hope.

Out of all Sage's photos, I only thought the first dress, the white low cut dress, was inappropriate. The others didn't bother me at all.

As for negative comments about Michelle's sleeveless dresses, I honestly never heard any. All I ever heard anyone say - from any side of the fence - was that her arms looked great. Because they did.

I don't know what she thought she was wearing at that inauguration though. Wow, talk about frumpy looking. She can be so striking. I think she really missed the mark. But then, it looked like she had been crying that day. It also looked like she's gained quite a bit of weight. Maybe not though - I don't think many people would look too good standing beside Melania Trump in that blue outfit.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:10 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Quote:
I think you're clutching your pearls a little too tightly sage. I'm no fan of Trump or Melania (like, AT ALL), and am typically last to come to their defense, but even I don't find anything particularly provocative about those outfits (with the possible exception of the neckline of the first).
B**bs hanging out is not appropriate First Lady attire.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Well, let's see how she dresses now that she's the First Lady. She's been the First Lady what - a week?

Old 01-29-2017, 08:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

As for negative comments about Michelle's sleeveless dresses, I honestly never heard any. All I ever heard anyone say - from any side of the fence - was that her arms looked great. Because they did.
It was quite a thing at the beginning.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.eonline...?client=safari

So much so it was a part of the gma interview.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:16 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Her boobs weren't hanging out.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It was quite a thing at the beginning.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.eonline...?client=safari

So much so it was a part of the gma interview.
Well, no wonder I missed it. I don't watch GMA.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:27 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Quote:
Her boobs weren't hanging out.
Plenty of them were!

Old 01-30-2017, 10:35 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,622,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
For a regular woman, I wouldn't bat an eyelash--although clothing that shows a lot of cleavage, leg, and other body parts is not my personal preference.

However, I think that the first lady should be held to a higher standard, since she automatically becomes a role model. To be a positive role model, I think modest attire is important. It shows more self-respect, and thus, she would be leading by example. She already has a tawdry past hanging over her head. I think it would behoove her to dress in a way that would inspire other women and girls to respect themselves and not to put their body parts on display so much.
I highly doubt that she feels the need to take fashion advice from someone who uses the term 'tawdry past' about her in an online message board conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty