Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 09:20 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times

Advertisements

I have had a beard since I was 16.
Except for certain jobs the beard stays.
Now that I'm retired the only reason I trim it is when I feel like it .
if a woman is turned off by it , it worked .
If a woman is turned on by it ,i'd never know . not looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 01:30 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times
Have a friend that has always had a beard since high school and now he is 70 years old.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:55 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
So Lincoln was a woman up till 1860 when he grew a beard? Wow, who knew the transgender phenomenon went back that far?

Pretty ugly woman, though. Abe wasn't exactly a handsome man, but when he was a chick... wow.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:02 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded1 View Post
I'm pretty sure those pictures you see of Lincoln clean-shaven were fakes. His political opponents were trying to make the case that he was ineligible to be president because he was a woman. Fortunately, the voters didn't fall for it.
You know, I think that although women by and large couldn't vote till 1920, there was actually no constitutional bar to a woman being elected president. You have to be 35 years old and born in the US, but I don't think the constitution has ever said anything about being eligible to vote as a qualification for the presidency. Is that true?

Old 03-11-2017, 07:24 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
You know, I think that although women by and large couldn't vote till 1920, there was actually no constitutional bar to a woman being elected president. You have to be 35 years old and born in the US, but I don't think the constitution has ever said anything about being eligible to vote as a qualification for the presidency. Is that true?

The constitution never barred women from voting either. That was left to individual states until 1920, when a constitutional amendment barred states from preventing women from voting.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:05 PM

769 posts, read 782,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
And what is the next fashion? Back to long hair yes back to the 80's and 90's when guys had long hair.

Clean cut is the business world so if you want job than have short hair and clean cut that means no beard or no mustache.
Uh what time machine did you just step out of?

Plenty of beards in corporate USA nowadays.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:42 AM

910 posts, read 1,081,380 times
The original post is so ridiculous. Why do I have a beard, the same reason I have 2 hands. The only time I shaved was when I was required to in the Navy. Other than that, I have had a beard. I think it is silly to shave off your beard to try and fit some societal requirement of what a "proper" person looks like. You can keep spending your money on shaving cream and razors, I will let nature take it's course.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:12 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post

That is really true. Most places, having a beard is not an issue. In the 1980s and 1990s, it was definitely frowned upon more.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:09 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post

IDK....he may be on to something. I can't think of any CEOs, FSOs or any major position in the corporate ladder for any major corporations that have beards. Now granted, there may be some, but I think it is a rarity.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:31 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Almost every gay guy seems to have a beard. Ever notice that?
Maybe I'm going to the wrong gay bars but I haven't noticed many gay men with beards here in San Diego. I absolutely LOVE men with beards (trimmed not bushy... just my preference), goatees or moustaches. My ex had a beautiful beard (salt/pepper) and he took great care in keeping it trimmed and neat. I wish to god that I could grow one like he had but its not in the cards so I keep mine trimmed super close to my face. I like it and it saves me from having to spend money on razor blades (insanely expensive).

Someone posted pics of the younger hollywood guys with facial hair. None of them my types although I'd pick Michael Fassbender. Screw the facial hair, those eyes!

Here's a gentlemen I could stare at all day (and clearly have). And he wears glasses! Swoons. Take me to your lair.

http://s3-origin-images.politico.com...sh_gty_328.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty