Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 09:27 AM

47 posts, read 315,069 times

Advertisements

Lol again, the only reason they look good, is because they are good looking, the beard does not detract from their looks. Your average bearded guy does not look like these guys, not even close.

Also, they are haloed by the fame, money and celeb effect, which means people will still like them and consider them hot actors, despite their beard. They all played the handsome heart throb role before growing any beard.

They are all running well trimmed and defined beards as well.

Most of them look better clean shaven. Also, some of them have weak jaws, like ryan gossling and beckham for example.

They were all defined by the media as hot attractive actors, years before they grew beard, they already had fame as heart throbs before growing any beard, this combined with their sexiest men in hollywood fame, they can get away growing a beard and not have any effect on their handsome persona/reputation

The point stands, most men look better clean shaven. If you look good with a beard and also clean shaven, is because you are good looking aka all the guys posted aka not the average guy

If you look BETTER with a beard than clean shaven, then is simple, you are ugly, have a weak jaw, chin, etc and the beard is covering your ugliness lol

Last edited by Mideto; 01-30-2017 at 09:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 09:39 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,922,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mideto View Post
Lol again, the only reason they look good, is because they are good looking, the beard does not detract from their looks. Your average bearded guy does not look like these guys, not even close.

Also, they are also haloed by the fame, money and celeb effect, which means people will still like them despite their beard.

They are all running well trimmed and defined beards as well.

Most of them look better clean shaven. Also some of them have weak jaws, like ryan gossling and beckham for example.

They were all defined by the media as hot attractive hunk actors, years before growing their beards, they already had fame as heart throbs before growing any beards, this combined with their fame, they can get away growing a beard and not have any effect on their handsome persona

The point stands, most men look better clean shaven. If you look good with a beard and also clean shaven, is because you are good looking aka all the guys posted aka not the average guy

If you look BETTER with a beards, then is simple, you are ugly, have a weak jaw, chin, etc and the beard is covering your ugliness lol
Your initial argument was that men grow beards because they're ugly and are trying to hide weak facial features. But when confronted with handsome men, who not only look good with facial hair, they actually look better with beards (I handpicked those guys for this reason), you have no coherent arguments to fall back upon. You're now coming across as completely confused, producing convoluted responses, it's like watching a computer malfunctioning.

Go back to your cave, that's where all the low-T men belong

Old 01-30-2017, 09:42 AM

836 posts, read 1,119,704 times
Not every man in ancient times kept a beard. Ancient Egyptian priests shaved their entire bodies and wore false beards. Shaving was associated with cleanliness.

Before the discovery of metals, men plucked their hair out or used pumice stones to remove the hair. This had to really hurt!!

Old 01-30-2017, 09:43 AM

47 posts, read 315,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Your initial argument was that men grow beards because they're ugly and are trying to hide weak facial features. But when confronted with handsome men, who not only look good with facial hair, they actually look better with beards (I handpicked those guys for this reason), you have no coherent arguments to fall back upon. You're now coming across as completely confused, producing convoluted responses, it's like watching a computer malfunctioning.

Go back to your cave, that's where all the low-T men belong
You must be a weak jaw beta man covering his ugliness with a beard lmao

I clearly said in my op that "very few men can pull off the beard look", which obviously referred to men who have good looks and good beards genetics.

I clearly said that if you look better with a beard than clean shaven (you), then you are ugly, because the beard is covering your imperfections.

The actors posted above look good both with a beard and clean shaven. (Not you)

You have not proven anyhing wrong. Go back to surgeon, thats where all weak jaw men belong.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:15 AM

2,007 posts, read 2,904,216 times
I hate beards on men. Most women do. esp. those gross long ones

Old 01-30-2017, 10:20 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,071 times
Quote:
You must be a weak jaw beta man covering his ugliness with a beard lmao

I clearly said in my op that "very few men can pull off the beard look", which obviously referred to men who have good looks and good beards genetics.

I clearly said that if you look better with a beard than clean shaven (you), then you are ugly, because the beard is covering your imperfections.

The actors posted above look good both with a beard and clean shaven. (Not you)

You have not proven anyhing wrong. Go back to surgeon, thats where all weak jaw men belong.
HaHa I bet you have a wide jaw but you a grow crap beard and no women are interested in you. This is why you come on the internet and try to get back at the men you envy by mocking and making fun of them. That's pathetic, sorry.

I'll give you a tip, keep trimming it and it will fill in.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:29 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,314 times
Quote:
He is better looking than 99% of men and has basically perfect beard genetics, where there are no patches at all and has it nicely trimmed and lined, od course he is going to look good, not because of the beard though, but his face lmao

The average guy is better off being clean shaven, unless you have big ass double chin or a really weak chin or jaw, then the beard will help you, in fact, it may be the only way you could look remotely masculine
I think you have solved your own dilemma: Don't wear a beard. Pretty easy. Think of wearing beards like being a gay man. If you're not gay or if you're not into wearing beards then go your own route.

Wet shaving is pretty big and the products for the industry too. Selling oils for beards or waxes for mustaches has a market too. Get in where you fit in. Kind of like country music verse classical music verse rap music or reggae.

Personally, I think the celebrity biker Jesse James would, pertaining to outward looks and style, cut an impressive figure as a US President or a Pope of the Catholic Church. Including his tattoos and slicked back hair. Dark sunglasses and thick cigar in his mouth existing a Presidential helicopter. Yeah, he would look totally pimp as a President.

And his semi beard won't stop him from being popular among the ladies. Ask his celebrity ex-wife Sandra.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:44 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
A lot of people are pointing out that historically beards were very common. A lot of men had beards, including Jesus. The difference is that it was a matter of not really having a choice. Now that we have things like running water, indoor plumbing, and efficient razors readily available, it's much easier to shave. If I had to use a knife down by the river, I probably wouldn't have shaved either.
The ancient Jews, Christians, and Muslims grew beards for theological reasons. The pagan men of Rome usually shaved their faces. To this day the men of the priests and monks of the Orthodox Christian world suggest men in their religious orders wear beards. I was speaking with one at the Milwaukee VA hospital who is both a Greek Orthodox priest with a full, groomed beard, and a medical doctor. Shaving the face was viewed, and remains viewed, as being "worldly" and vain like women shaving the hair under their arms or on their legs.

Quote:
And I still think they are just unsanitary. And science backs me up. Your legs, underarms, chest, pubic area, etc. don't generally come in contact with food, so they are not subject to that additional bacteria.
The foul odor from the underarms when sweating is due to the exponential growth of bacteria as they feed on the biological products and emit their own biological products. That is generally not the case with a beard. Some essential oils are antibacterial anyways, like certain foods (e.g., garlic) and I imagine such essential oils can be applied to the beard and may even be ingriendents in some beard oils.

More importantly, beard hair length would seem to me to determine the odds and frequency of facial hair would come in contact with food. I have no idea how you eat but I have little problem not getting food or drink any where but in my mouth.

Having never had a full beard I have no idea how much of problem eating and getting food on or in a beard is for those with thick, full, beards, so, I'll leave that for them to comment on per their own dilemmas.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:32 AM

131 posts, read 123,422 times
I usually assume guys are trying to hide a weak or double chin when they have a full beard.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:56 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,567 posts, read 81,147,605 times
i first grew a beard back in the hippie days at age 18, in 1970. After graduate school I shaved it off to get a good job, but after a couple of years and 2 promotions, I grew it back, and have had it ever since. In 43 years of marriage my wife has never complained about it. My plan is that at age 70 or so when I look old, I can shave it off and suddenly look 10 years younger. As for eating, it's usually not a problem when kept trimmed. With something like BBQ ribs with sauce, it requires washing my face after, but that's probably a good idea even for people without a beard. I do prefer a cup of ice cream rather than a cone, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty